Australian Idol Forums

Sunday 7:30 PM on Network TenIn Season

happy with the top 12

hazzamarri2442

[1]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 7

hi everyone =)......just wondering are youz all happy with the top twlve so far ...cause im not reallly..=(...just wanna no your opinions! =)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gibozzo

[2]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 22

Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?

I thought only eight were in and there were four more to get chosen from the wildcard night on Sunday.

I'm hopeless with names but I would have liked to have seen more of the rock guys get in. Some of them got given a wild card.

I find the girls a little bit boring. Mini Marcia has a great voice but I don't like her style. The Italian looking brunette is my favourite girl.

My favourite guyat the moment is the pimply sixteen year old. But I'm fickle, this could change at any moment.

I wish the cute 16 year old would stop wearing those scarves that look like tablecloths.

Who missed out that you wanted to see get in?

Julsus

[3]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 35
    Not happy at all This would have to be the worst top 12 ever. Holly, Marty, Lana, Brianna, & Carl all should not be in it at all.

And what is it with the whole male scarf thing...weird!!!

Holly went...yay! Yellow high heels are just wrong!

My fave at the mo is young Ben

Elenyae

[4]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    My favorite at the moment is Mark da Costa...although, I must agree that the prevalance of scarves this year is slightly worrying. I also adore Carl (the 'I love Carl' avatar is my current one on the Idol forums) because I think HE'S BRINGING SWING BACK WOO! And Daniel Misfud has recently lured me in with those irresistable puppy-dog eyes....
    Edited on 09/16/2007 1:50pm

BeautifulDay13

[5]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 14

Oooh yay! More Ben fans. I LOVE Ben. Best voice in the competition. A lot of them don't deserve to be there though. My favourites are Matt, Ben and Natalie. Daniel used to be, but he's been letting us down the past couple of weeks.

Lana and Carl need to go.

Gibozzo

[6]Oct 2, 2007

MARK GONE. I don't believe it! He was great and deserves to be there a hell of alot more than Carl and Jacob.

Matt is going to win but I love Ben. His voice is like honey.

I really like Marty, too. I don't think that Idol is the right forum for his type of talent.

Natalie is awesome. Even though Tarasai has an amazing voice, I just can't warm to her personality or performance style.

Julsus

[7]Oct 6, 2007
    True, I think Tarasai is a bit of a fake artist

Matt is going to win it...he has the biggest girlie fan base I'm sure. I wish he'd change his hair though He reminds me of Zac Effron for some reason...maybe it's the eyes?

Still liking Ben...he has the voice & the personality.

Btw it's really annoying me in the ads for Idol how they carry on that this year's crop are the best ever...so not true

Gibozzo

[8]Oct 7, 2007
    I think Matt's hair has a life of its own. It's become his signature. I think that he has a pretty crappy dress sense as well.
    I never like to go for the crowd favourite, so I'm sticking with Ben, even though I didn't really like what he did with "Wonderwall." Matt on the other hand nailed "Bittersweet Symphony."
    I thought Natalie did "Rehab" really well and the others were just OK.
    I agree with what Dicko said about Marty. Australian Idol is the wrong forum for his type of talent. I think he's great and would definitely go to see him if he was playing somewhere.

BTW Julsus, I love your icon. I just watched the first four episodes of Supernatural this weekend. It blew me away. Very X-files-ish. Although Gibbs/DiNozzo are the two hottest men on TV at the moment, I think that Sam and Dean come in at a very close second.

Julsus

[9]Oct 8, 2007

Matt looked awful in his round necked tee shirt...weird jacket & leather pants His eyes are his secret weapon...oh & his voice of course!

Carl & Marty simply must go!

I thought Natalie picked the wrong song

I'm still going for Ben...I love the poking out tongue thing he does! Sweet

Please call me Suze! I swear when I visited your blog today it was totally cos I saw your blog title was Supernatural thru someone else's blog...can't remember who now

Sam & Dean...little darlins'

Edited on 10/08/2007 2:46am

Gibozzo

[10]Oct 8, 2007
    Jacob gone. That was easy to predict. Liked his 'goodbye' performance. Carl should have gone instead. One good thing about Carl not going was that we didn't have to hear his butchered up version of Can't Buy Me Love again. Carl or Daniel will go next week, then the girls. My prediction is for a Ben/Matt final.

Hayley4Naley

[12]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 17
    My Fav was Jacob.. he shouldn't have left!!
    For final tho I think it would be between Matt and Natalie - well i'm hoping it would anyway.

Gibozzo

[13]Oct 10, 2007
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    I think it's probably one of the weakest top 12 we've had in Australian Idol. Not saying they all su*k. Tarsai is good, although I don't like here. Ben has an interesting voice. Matt pretty good for 16. But I love Carl. I love that kind of music. For those that don't like him you have to admit he did a good job of Earth Wind and Fire's 'September'. But Daniel, Marty, Lana and Holly all shouldn't have been there.

I'll admit he did an *ok* job on September, but he's just not my style. I think he's quite awkward in his performance style.

Julsus

[14]Oct 11, 2007
    Poor Jacob...he wants it so badly...but despite being an okay singer...I doubt he'll ever make it famous. Maybe he should stop trying to rely on shows like The X Factor & Idol to get him there!

I love the type of music Carl is singing...ala Michael Buble...but Carl is a dud in my eyes...the only reason he is there is cos of Marcia

Marty needs to go next. Just looking at him depresses me

- Suze

BeautifulDay13

[15]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 14

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

I still love Ben. He's my favourite. Beautiful singer. Matt keeps getting touchdowns for the wrong performances. I hated Bittersweet Symphony. He looked and sounded so bored. The Scientist and The Blower's Daughter were SO much better.

SO glad Jacob's gone. He was my least favourite along with Tarisai. I can't stand her personality. She's so fake.

Next Marty needs to go. I really wanted to like him, but this isn't the kind of competition for him. He's just being tortured week by week. It'd be awful to see him stick around and get bashed by the judges every week because covers aren't his thing.

Carl is a wannabe Buble, and that isn't saying much considering some people think of Buble as a wannabe.

Gibozzo

[16]Oct 14, 2007
    Last night's perforances were the worst yet. My little boyfriend, Ben was too nervous and really flat. I agree with everything that Mark said about Tarasai. She should have nailed that song. Daniel's Billie Jean was weak. Carl sang his song OK but I think he's so stiff and a bit of a dork. Natalie was boring. That song puts me to sleep. Matt was good but not as good as usual. I thought Marty did really well. No idea who's going to be in the bottom three tonight. Guess: Daniel, Carl and Marty?

Julsus

[17]Oct 14, 2007
    None of these Idols are giving us the WOW factor!!!! Dicko & Mark usually tell it like it is....Kyle seems to have pulled back in his comments...and Marcia is just plain ridiculous half the time

Matt was the best last night...but that's not saying much considering All of them are either holding back or they just don't have the talent to pull off a wow number ala Guy, Anthony or Damien.

I agree with Ellen re Tarisai...she is a massive fake artist. Carl makes average look like fun Marty is hopeless. Daniel's looking more stylish (no scarves) these days...but rarely nails it. Natalie's dress was hideous & she didn't belt the song out like she should've done. Ben is still my fave...but he doesn't seem to have any power behind his voice or something

Any of them could be in the bottom three this week. My top hope to go though is still Marty...the show wouldn't even notice him if he was gone

Ooohh I am cruel

Gibozzo

[18]Oct 15, 2007
    Cruel you are. I'd prefer Carl to go. So boring and much too serious. Everytime they ask him a question, he goes on like an old woman.

Julsus

[19]Oct 16, 2007

First it was OMG Ben & Matt are in the bottom!!! 3 Then is was OMFG Ben & Matt are in the bottom 2!!! Then I realised bloody hell this means one of the best 2 on the show is actually gonna go!!!!

THIS WAS UTTERLY & TOTALLY SO RIDICULOUS!!! My sis put in 10 votes each for both Ben & Matt! When they said Marty could go back to the couch...I was dumbstruck Even he was & they showed Carl scratching his head

Oh my little fave Ben knocked out When the hosts are shellshocked...it just shows that truly the wrong person went

My sis & I have a theory...sometimes when an Idol sings first they don't get as many votes...we call it the 1st person syndrome

If Matt had went...the show may as well have ended there! Seriously take a look at all the other remaining Idols and see whether you think they have the combined looks, personality & singing talent to pull off having a successful singing career. Plus would you buy their records???

And I wanted to add I couldn't give a stuff if every single Idol on the show was a Hillsonger...who cares!!! It has nothing to do with anything!

Cripes I've really rambled on here!

- Suze

Edited on 10/16/2007 1:57am

Gibozzo

[20]Oct 16, 2007
    My theory is that people don't vote for their favourite if they think that their favourite is safe.
    I am guilty as charged. My daughter wanted to vote for Matt but I told her not to bother. She also likes Natalie, so she voted for her instead.
    I still think Matt will win. Next week he won't be in the bottom three as his fans will realise that they'd better start voting for him.
    Honestly I still can't believe that Carl survived over Mark, Jacob and now Ben. It's a mystery!!