Australian Idol Forums

Sunday 7:30 PM on Network TenIn Season

happy with the top 12

Gibozzo

[22]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 22
    I don't think Carl's talents are underappreciated because he's still there. I think they are overrated!!
    I don't have too much of a problem with his singing. To me he just lacks that charisma and X-factor that a star needs. Everyone sees different things in people, I personally don't see "it" in him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Julsus

[24]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 35
    Last night was a bit of a mixed bag for me. I still don't think any of the Idols is giving a 100%...which is severely disappointing

TARISAI... 1st song average...2nd song...the last 2 lines were really beautiful how she sang them...Loved that finally Marcia wasn't fawning all over her...instead saying where was the exrra 20%? And called her out on just saying "thank you" all the time

MARTY...1st song...boring, put me to sleep (but all the judges loved it!) ...2nd song...this was like one of his better performances. But now he's saying he wants to stay & that he never said he wanted to go! Yeah right mate!

CARL...1st song...poor...so you can imagine my complete & utter surprise when Mark gave him a Touchdown!!!...2nd song...this is the first time I've enjoyed one of his songs...and I liked how he had his hair

MATT...1st song...he really should've soared with this song...but he didn't..not that he didn't sing it well. I'd like to know why he was wearing a girl's tee-shirt & a weird hat in the footage of him going home? Plus he's had a haircut, but alas no improvement...His on stage outfit was hideous...2nd song...really beautiful

DANIEL...1st & 2nd song's were goodish...

NAT...outfits were hideous...both songs goodish...the 2nd one got a Touchdown

I want a performance like Guy's "Climb Every Mountain" or Anthony's "The Prayer" or Damien's "Nessum Dorma"...these Idols just aren't delivering that quality!!!!!

Gibozzo

[26]Oct 22, 2007
    I didn't think that any of those performances deserved Touchdowns. Carl's "It's not Unusual" was average to say the least. That song is a real crowd pleaser but he was so wooden. I actually liked his "Jealous Guy." Definitely his best performance yet.
    I still like Marty. No Woman No Cry was a bit boring but Last Kiss really moved me.
    Matt was great, the boy is rivetting and clearly the only 'star' amongst the group. Those outfits, though??
    Natalie was excellent but I can't see her being a popular recording artist.
    Daniel did deserve to go. I think that his nerves had started to get the better of him.
    Tarasai just doesn't do it for me. I've already forgotten which songs she sang.
    I wish Ben was still there.
    GO MATTY

BeautifulDay13

[28]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 14

Ok, looks like I missed the "Ben leaving" discussion, but I was disgusted at the bottom 2 that night. You should have seen me over on the Idol forums. I've never had to wash my mouth out so much before.

I hate to say it, but Carl is really growing on me. He's getting good JUST at the right time. His vocal range is expanding so we're not getting those monotone performances.

I'm so sick of Matt's touchdowns.

I like Natalie a lot, but I've listened to a few of her originals on myspace, and i'm not sure about them. Her performance of Umbrella was amazing though.

Least favourites are Marty (been promoted to my "Who I Want to Damage Severely" list) and Tarisai because I can't stand two-faced divas. She's nothing we haven't seen before.

Julsus

[29]Oct 23, 2007
    I could not believe that Marty didn't go out! Honestly he needs to go!

Poor Daniel...his exit was quite touching!

Matt clearly wore his most hideous outfit of all time last night...it looked like a girls mini dress & had a god-awful pattern as well. Get a clue mate...please...I'm begging ya!

I'm gonna say my top 2 (to go to the Opera House) would have to be Matt & Nat. There's not much to choose from

xxx

Gibozzo

[31]Oct 28, 2007
    I only saw two performances last night. Boys in Town by Natalie. She nailed it. And I can't remember what by Tarasai.
    I felt a bit sorry for little Tarasai. Mark and Dicko calling her fake and then Marcia not really saying anything. It's the truth though.

Julsus

[32]Oct 28, 2007

Matt, Marty, Carl, Tarasai all ok performances...but nothing special...nothing WOW about any of them!

Natalie though...this was the best I've ever heard her sing. And she totally deserved that touchdown. Honestly some of the performances Mark has given touchdowns to this season were a joke!

Tarasai! She's angry cos people think she is fake! That's cos she so is & the truth hurts baby! I loved Dicko & Mark getting stuck into her! And very telling indeed when Marcia said nothing

On a diff note Damien Leith won an Aria last night for highest selling single...good on ya mate!

Edited on 10/28/2007 2:59pm

Julsus

[33]Oct 30, 2007
    Somehow Marty goes back to the couch yet again

Marty & Carl better not make the top 2...they are adequate singers...but I want neither as my Aussie Idol

Tarasai finally leaves....yay!

Julsus

[35]Nov 4, 2007
    Natalie was the only outstanding one last night...she deserved her touchdown

Marty was a fool...he didn't even try to do any big band songs...he should be disqualified!

Matt's hair...cripes mate! Please let either Marty or Carl go tonight! It has to be a Matt/Nat top 2

xxx

Julsus

[36]Nov 7, 2007
    Yay! Marty is gone!!!

Gibozzo

[37]Nov 7, 2007
    It should have been Carl. He's amateur.

Julsus

[38]Nov 11, 2007
    I thought Nat sang the Madonna song quite well. But she really outdid herself with the Pink number

Carl So hopeless! I will admit he looked mighty fine in his photo shoot pics. The 2nd song he sang...oh...so atrocious!

Matt was superb! His voice is so beautiful!

I agree with Kyle...Matt/Nat top 2...going to the Opera House

Carl must go tonight!

xxx

Hayley4Naley

[39]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 17
    But the judges are being so mean to carl... saying 'matt should be safe, matt can't go blah blah blah' so now im wanting carl to win to show them all they suck.. tho it prob won't happen... anyway after the ads we will find out!

Julsus

[40]Nov 12, 2007
    Yay Carl is gone!! Yipee!!!!