Australian Idol

Sunday 7:30 PM on Network Ten Premiered Jul 01, 2003 In Season

Australian Idol Fan Reviews (16)

• The first season was a new experience for viewers, but the following seasons have dropped dramatically in the ratings. A popularity contest that shows how quickly popularity can be lost. The reality TV format has now been seen to often and is losing its p

The first season saw a nation that was taken over by "Idol" fever, but the following seasons have appeared stail in comparison. Album sales have been disasterous for the Idol winner Casey Donovan after she struggled to reach Gold sales (even though she was awarded 2X platinum status).

The fan base has continued to become younger and younger and has seen a contestant miss out on a spot in the final three by 20 something votes. The close finish suggests to me that their are less people voting and therefore less interest and who knows how the album sales will go this time around.

Season three maybe the last that we see in Australia unless Ten are willing to flog a dead horse. This show is definitely beyond its prime and seems to have found little talent this season.

In my opinion, it's time to change the channel or start Australia wide singing lessons in schools to ensure Australia isn't completely embarrassed next time round.