Australia's Next Top Model

Tuesday 7:30 PM on FOX8 Premiered Jan 01, 2005 In Season

Australia's Next Top Model Fan Reviews (24)

• i can't wait for the S8

I acutually like AusNTM more than stupid, vapid, insipid American version. In this show girls are nice, patient, picked carefully and well prepared for the fashin industry. No girl from any franchise except Ausralian is booked anywhere, and in this show winners did major campaigns like Alice B for McQueen, walked major shows like Alice and Montana for Lanvin, Dior, Chanel, Vuitton, D&G and much more and got signed by top agencies. That shows it all. These girls are picked and groomed to be a real life high fashion model as oppose of being a laughable characters of some reality tv.
  • Blatant racism in Australia's Next Top Muddle

The first episode aired in Holland last night and I was appalled! It was a rascist emotional gang bang of the dark-skinned girl. The entire group got down on her. And to top it off, her eye-brow was even shaved off! And the judges did not protect or defend her. It was all put down to a big joke. I always knew that rascism was rampant but this, in anno 2009 was really backward. Yuck!!!!!! The judges advised her to chop off the perpetrator's hair. Why, I ask? To diffuse the seriousness of the the offence and to bring the dark girl down to the same disgusting level of the of the classless dirt?

A big zero for this classless, tasteless show that perpetrates and even applauds rascism!!!!
  • This is an awesome version of Top Model, and although I'm probably the only person to hold this opinion, I think it's actually better than the American version of Top Model.

This show is in it's 4th season, but I don't get to see it now that I'm at uni. But I have followed the first 3 seasons and I think the models have more potential than the American girls. I guess I hold the same opinion one American designer had about the Oz models and the US models which go on this show. It's an excellent show - firstly, it doesn't have Tyra who drives me crazy and secondly it has girls who are more relatable and have more potential than on the American version.

This show has actually brought many of my favourite reality tv models. But I didn't agree with the winner of the first 2 seasons - Gemma and Eboni. I think they were bad decisions, but I like them better than the 3rd season because of Erika, who was a good host, and it kind of sticks true to the American version of the show - follows the same format the show took, but obviously being orginal enough to change it over quite a bit. But when Erika left and the age got lowered, I thought it was the biggest mistake Top Model made. Firstly, I don't care to watch teenage models fight all of the time. We got some pretty childish stuff the third season, especially from Paloma and Jordan. But, of course, it made it kinda entertaining too. I actually respected Jordan and her crew (everyone but Steph and Paloma) get into trouble for childish behaviour - I just hate how Tyra and everyone on the American show (think Janice Dickinson) say modelling's about cattiness - it might be true, but you don't have to put up with it!

But, then, Australia's Next Top Model made a mistake by having a live finale - not nearly as entertaining as the normal grand finals. But the worst thing is, while many of the girls wanted Steph to win (perhaps for more personality reasons than talent reasons), Alice got the votes of the three most important people - and not just because of talent, but because of age too! Steph was a good model, and although I wanted Alice to win, I think in a way she got discriminated because of how young she was, and a couple of people actually said "when she gets older".

Nonetheless, I still advocate this version above the American version, but I've read quite a few reviews from other people on this show and they all prefer the American version (or at least most) which is cool. I'm just daring to be different!
  • Australia's Next Top Model (ANTM) is nothing compared to the American version based on drama alone. But the viewers learn so much more about the fashion industry and the winners on the show are much more successful.

Australia's Next Top Model (ANTM) is nothing compared to the American version based on drama alone. I have been watching America's Next Top Model since it hit our TV screens, but I was luck enough to catch Australia's Next Top Model (AusNTM)cycle 3 and 4. And I was glad I did. Here's why:

At first I thought the AusNTM is ridiculously boring, but I grew to respect it much more ANTM because the Australian version actually teaches more about modeling and the fashion industry. Unlike Tyra (the host of ANTM), the judges are focusing on choosing all girls that will target every designer and will fit in the fashion industry. However, Tyra is much more concerned with rating by airing more of the drama in the house than creating/ finding a top model. Tyra wants to find girls that can "change" the industry, which I respect, but I believe she would rather keep someone around to continue with the drama in the house (ie. Lisa (constantly drunk), Jade, Bianca who tormented a girl on the show with a health problems, etc) rather than keep the ones who will be successful. After watching those episodes, I don't know what designer/agency would hire them based on how they act on the show. Perfect example: Though Bianca made it far on her cycle, she will be looking as the girl who got into a big flight with another actress at an airport rather than be known for a great model. Plus, Tyra and all of the judges do watch the footage as well as each girls' photo shoot each week; therefore, they see who makes rating and who is too boring on TV.

Australia's Next Top Model's judge have warned the girls to be kind/ behave with one another or they will go home. They admit to watch what goes on the house every week. They explain to the girls the important of personality on set and that they are being watched by fashion designers and people who can change their career. Though it's much more boring watching this version of the show, it's refreshing to watch a real fashion TV show which can give you a real insiders' look into the industry.

• This is one of the greatest shows ever!

Even though it kinda ripped off Americas next top model, its still a really good show.

I never watched the other seasons because they girls were average loking and boring, but this season was amazing!!

The girls were absolutly beautiful and the show was so entertaining to watch with all the great make-up, hair and photoshoots. Not to mention how great the **** fights were!..I loved Simone, Zoe and Chloe, they are just so glamorous.

The only problem i had was with the way the judges treated Nicole, she was just naturally slim and i think it was unfair to eliminate her, just because of the way she naturally is.

I also didnt like the judge Erika..hehehe

Great show overall, i hope they put the reruns back on telly!
  • somebody get me some sub-titles

well i do love next top model and i like this one two , but not as much. Mostly because i cant understand what the hell they talkin bout , lol. but over-all its very much like cycle one of Americas next top model 10 girls compete with pretty much the same prizes as they do in americas next top model. overall this show is good for several reasons , they got high flyin Fashion , they got elminations and most importantly they got some crazy a** b****es. so overall its the same fun a Americas next top model , only they got accents.
  • This is a show where ten girls compete for the gold. and in this case the gold is a contract with some of the best agencies like;covergirl. Each week a girl is eliminated based on their performance. Only one will win in the end and its always a battle.

6.1
    I recently watched Australia's Next Top Model and discovered it was much like America's Next Top Model. As i watched the show though, i discovered that the judges can be very tough on the models and can lead them to depression and lack of self confidence. I realized that modeling is a harsh buisness and has no sorrow for anyone. These models have to fight through the thick and thin to get to the top and must battle with each other to stay there. These girls do learn a lot, but they also form their own little team of friends throughout the competition. I have found that some teams will gang up on one model causing her to snap under pressure. I learned that modeling is not a fair game and that it can either make or break your life.
  • Okay, maybe it's not as good as ANTM, but it has the same effect.

What can I say - I love modeling shows! Even though it's an obvious ripoff of America's Next Top Model, it still provides the same kind of entertainment. I love watching the photo shoots the most and seeing the creative hair and makeup and the cool photos they create.

The other thing that is kind of fun for me is the accents and they way the contestants talk to each other. They are sort of fresh and direct with each other and kind of funny in a way that the contestants on ANTM are not. I sort of wish the contestants were a little more unique or memorable. Maybe they don't have enough attitude.
  • I love this show.....I always wanted to aution because in my town i'm apparently pretty...tell me what u think.... Could I be Australia's Next Top Model?

It's a great show becaue it gives poeple the opportunity to work towrds something good in there live. I find it extremelly influential and a good help for people, plus it dosn't show all the skinny, anorexic girls which is good i guess.
  • Ten ugly girls, only one winner, it’s a bite off of America's Next Top Model without any good looking potential winners.

1.5
    I was so hyped hoping to see a good show that involved Top Models like America's Next Top Model but the first two shows was disastrous and unoriginal. I won't waste my time watching the rest of the shows. Maybe the producers will research what the critics have to say and will change their mind before running a model search full of crack head look a likes and anorexic candidates.
  • The models all look the same, malnourished and boring. Charlotte Dawson is NO Tyra Banks. Shes stiff and appears cold.

At first, I was very interested in watching this show considering I love America’s Next Top Model. However, the show is very disappointing. I thought the models would be exciting and beautiful. Instead they all look the same, extremely malnourished and not very attractive. The host, Charlotte Dawson, appears very stiff and boring. Charlotte is definitely not the entertaining Tyra Banks. My suggestions would be to dumped all the models except for the one model that has shape (the one all the other models hate for having boobs and a butt) then dump Charlotte and start all over again.
  • Meh, whats next!?!

3.8
    So in the magical world of TV, there are like thousands of different reality shows. A couple of dozen are really good and the rest and crap. This is treated like its one of the best when its so horrible bad. Firstly its on cable TV, I'm not saying that there are no good shows on cable but all of the excellent ones arn't. Secondly the idea is just stupid, 14 or something slutty girls take of most of their clothes to do modelling and one of them wins, how totally unorignal. The US version is better but still not good.
  • I love it

Nothing about this show sucks. Well, except for the host. The second series was much funnier, fresher and more entertaining than the first, but for the most part both cycles of Australia's Next Top Model have been truly captivating television. Despite the fact that the show is not in an original context, it becomes its own and shines among other reality duds out there.
  • more like australia's sickest top model.

2.8
    Season 1 was as fun as the American counter part. Complete with cat fights and even more!! The good part of the show was the addition of swearing! and some titties!!

Season 2 carries the same traditions as season one. More swearing and more titties!!!

But seeing the show, there is a trend in knowing who will win as Australia's Next Top Model.
    Wanna win? Be sick!

Season 1 winner was Gemma, who was diagnosed with depression.

Season 2 winner is Eboni, who was diagnosed with abnormalities in her spinal cord.

What else can we say.
    Might as well watch Germany's Next Top Model.
  • australia\\\'s next top model is a complete waste of time nothing interesting at all, i don\\\'t know whether its becoz of lack of talent or organisation its just plain boring.

erica is not a top model she just doesn\\\'t look like one, i think they should personalise it a bit more becoz they are tryin to hard to make like the american one and it just doesn\\\'t work they gotta speed up their game coz noone will watch it at all on their next season, season 1 was okay but season 2 - a complete wste of time
  • 10 girls battle it out to be Australia's next top model

Well i must agreee most of you and say that it\\\'s not america\\\'s next top model but it isn\\\'t that bad. I had a problem with the girls though, they were bitchy and i thought the girls on ANTM were bad, I think tyra\\\'s the best at hosting the show
  • Australia's Next Top Model doesn't quite do what the American version does...

First of all, this definately isn't a BAD series, it's definately entertaining and a lot better than Britain's Next Top Model. The series just needs a bit of fine tuning, I kind of feel like the show is trying too hard to be like America's Next Top Model, even the judges are... Erika Heynatz you're not Tyra, so stop trying! The show's girls as far as I've seen have been good and their home antics are fun, it just really needs to find it's own style... Definately not a bad series, just needs something more...
  • shit!!!

1.1
    well not as good as america\'s next top model.
    like half the girls are bitch\'s and lets say none of these girls should win and ive never known the host Erika Heynatz to be a model as ive never seen her model or nothing, ive only seen here host the hot house which was a good show and also Erika Heynatz is not even hot or pretty enough to be a model...
  • More like Australia's Top Girl Yobbos!

I am an avid fan of America's Next Top Model but am completely disgusted with the standard of the show and these girls. They have no dignity, no morals and no self-esteem. I won't be watching ANYMORE! I won't be wasting anymore of my valuable time! I thought Models were suppose to be classy! Obviously not!
  • Season 2 is a major dissapointment.

Season 2 is a major dissapointment. I was quite looking forward to this season, after enjoying Amercia's search, thinking our girls are better, but i was wrong. There are so many NATURALLY pretty Australians, even with flaws that make them acceptional. These girls don't even have manners! Eating on NATIONAL television with their fingers! Big set back!!
  • While lacking in so many ways, it does do one thing right over the original.

5.5
    This show suffers from bad judges and a lousy cast but did do one thing right that the original doesn\'t. The formula obviously works as America\'s Next Top Model is in its 5th season and there\'s spin-offs of this show all over the place (even though some of the shows don\'t share the name). America\'s Next Top Model is a success because it has two main things 1) Tyra Banks as a teacher, big sister, and disciplinarian and 2) a clear and worthy goal.

Australia\'s Next Top Model is missing both. First, I didn\'t know who the host was (Haynatz) but that was not important. She did not do the role of teacher and disciplinarian nor give the girls a structured learning environment to grow in. I don\'t know what she was doing as I didn\'t even find her attractive. Basically, they made a big mistake in casting her. Second, America\'s Next Top Model produces a girl who takes great pictures, does the runway, has a great attitude and has a great presence/ability to sell products. Basically, a girl with the whole package thereby earning the moniker \"Next Top Model\". In this show, their only cared about 1)great pictures and 2)can walk the runway. I am sure there are thousands of girls in Australia who can do both of these. What\'s the point of this show? They even rewarded girls with no personality or with a bad attitude. Tyra would\'ve had a fit.

The one area this show excelled over the original is that it was uncensored. I mean, its reality TV. Yet on America\'s Next Top Model they edit out segments with lots of cursing and bleep out words. They obscure nudity and, really, in a modeling contest seeing the girls whole package is important. Its why they keep doing nude and lingerie shoots. How can it be real reality if its censored? So in that regard Australia\'s Next Top Model did better than the original.
  • it's okay

7.9
    I like it, but i dont think it was as good as "America's Next Top Model" they copied a lot of the same photo shoots and i hope the 2nd one is better. I enjoyed the judges because they were very imformative and got to the point with telling what your faults are, but still... Lets see a bit more work on the show
  • Can somebody say "RIP-OFF!"

Basically the concept of this is much like that of America's Next Top Model... except add in swear words and many more dog fights you have Australia's Next Top Model.
    The overall quality of the show is poor, the host, Erica, is poor at showing emotion and is nothing compared to goddess Tyra Banks.
    The contestents themselves are all very nice, model looking girls that take excellent photos. If this show was judged on the photo's taken it would take over America's Next Top Model as every week each girl proved she had what it took to be a model, something that most girls in the American counter-part lack.
    Although in the long run the hosting and quality of the show are too poor for this film to deserve anything higher than a 4/10, then add in a few other factors and you have a 2/10 reality TV show.