Hi like most of you I am sick of dupes about the different forms of bending so I made this to hopefully end that with one major bending resource and discussion thread.
Thankspooldude for pinning this up you were a great editor
last updated 22 january
- Draws power from moon.
- Can bloodbend (bending water inbody only on full moon.)
- Can bend water in vines/plants.
- Can , freeze,evaporate, melt, and condense water.
- Some have special healing abilities.
- Waterbending's strength is its defensive capabilities. Waterbending's defensive maneuvers focus on control through turning an opponent's own strength against him which fits into.
- "the first waterbender was the moon".
- opposite to firebending
Note: waterbenders can only help heal by directing chi with water, even though only waterbenders can use it waterbending is not the healing part.
Mainwaterbenders: katara, master pakku, hama, the avatars, Huu and du (swamp)
- Learnt from blind badgermoles.
- Can bend the earth impurities in metal. not the metal itself.
- Can bend crystals, sand, rocks, soil, "earthly meteorites", coal.
- Opposite to airbending.
- Earthbenders use a balance of strength and defense to overwhelm opponents.
- opposite to airbending
Mainearthbenders: Toph, the avatars, Haru, king Bumi, Long feng, the dai lee
- learnt from dragons and affected by the sun / comets (sozins comet)
- Stronger with the sun/sozins comet
- Blue fire (azula) is hotter thannormal orangefire
- Lightning (very advanced)"purest form of fire", "cold blooded fire" as inner peace is needed to bend it.
- Combustion firebending to super-heat the air and produce explosions
- Very aggressive with little defensive moves
- opposite to waterbending
Main firebenders:Zuko, Iroh, Ozai, Azula, Jeong jeong.
- Learnt from sky bison's
- Can control air currents with gliders
- Can bend gasses in the air
- Mostly evasive moves which support their beliefs of peace
- opposite to earthbending
note: there is no known sub skill for the airbenders eg healing,lightning... but it has been speculated to be flying/gliding and bending poison gas etc
Main airbenders:the avatars, monk gyatzu.
Bending in general:
- 2 non benders can have a bending child
- the idea of multi-national benders hasnt been explored (FN+EK=?)
- fire nation people in ek cannot have earthbending children as they are not earthkingdom- same with northern air temple people
Note: all bending has purposefully been shown to be equal in the show no type of bending is stronger than the other.
please use this thread to discuss any topics involving bending e.g
- other possible bending abilities
- new bending
- bendings affect on society e.g FN more advanced technology compared to other nations which rely moreon bending
- airbending special abilities
please be respectful of other members. and have fun!
Edited 5 total times.