Avatar: The Last Airbender

Return to Omashu

Aired Friday 6:30 PM Apr 07, 2006 on Nickelodeon

• Return to Omashu

Return to Omashu was a perfect episode of Avatar The Last Airbender combining a great story with humor, intrigue, drama, danger, and great characters. It was awesome to meet Azula's old friends who now will help her on her quest. I thought it was strange that Omashu was taken so easily but King Bumi has a crazy plan as usual, and he teaches Aang some thing new! The slide scenes were fun to watch, as well as to watch Mai and Ty Lee in action. Katara, Sokka, and Appa hold their own as well. I look forward to watching the next episode of Avatar The Last Airbender!!!!!!!
  • Good but could have worked out a few kinks.

This is one of those episodes that tried covering too many things at once and feels less polished then it should be. Although Avatar has done this many times in the past and came out successful, not so much with this episode. The whole storyline with Bumi not doing anything about the invasion of the Fire Nation feels like it's not going to end well. It feels like only a Deus Ex Mechanica ploy is possible. Plus although the episode tried introducing new characters to side along with Azula, the execution of it wasn't that great. Although it is with its faults, the episode is still a good watch. The whole baby Tomtom situation and how it ended was just sweet and shows good character on Aang's part.
  • Aang and the gang return to Omashu to find it captured by the Fire Nation.

This episode still confuses me at times. I still don't understand why Bumi let the Fire Nation take the city without a fight. And I still don't understand why he wouldn't let Aang help him escape. This episode did have some cool parts though. For example, Aang was using Bumi's "cage" to slide down the many chutes leading out of the city. On another chute, Azula was following closely behind. She was going to capture both Bumi and Aang. The chutes don't always follow the same direction, so they had to keep changing chutes to continue to fight, or get away from the other.
  • New charecters, New freinds, New enemys...

Superb animation with twists and turns around evrey corner
    will make you want more. Hats off to the creators and may this seiries countinue to keep us on the edge of our seat... Personally this is my favorite episode so far and i can not wait for the next episode with these characters in it.
    This episode plays out to a fight that really introduces Azula (14 year-old princess of the Fire Nation. She is Zuko's younger sister and main rival and one of the major antagonists of the series. Cruel and self-centered since youth, Azula is a manipulative, sadistic, and self-admitted sociopath. Azula is considered a firebending prodigy, and is one of the few living firebenders capable of summoning lightning. She has no qualms about bullying and threatening her relatives, reserving any familial loyalty for her father, who greatly favors her over Zuko.)
    Will see the outcome in season 3...
  • the fire nation invaded omashu!

all aang wants to do is find king bumi. he wants to know if king bumi died and if he didnt he wants to ask him why he let the fire nation have control over omashu. this episode was pretty good because azula makes a team of 3: azula, ty lee, and mai. azula is planning to change omashu into new ozai. shes also planning on capturing the avatar because of zuko's (her older brother) huge failure from the north pole and other times. now i got nothing to say.oh wait i forgot the rating 9.7/ 10. i guess im done.
  • A great episode

In this episode of avatar the last airbender, aang and the gang go back to the great city of omashu. the thing that gets them the most shocked is that the city of omashu has been taking over by the fire nation. aang goes out to the city mainly to learn earthbending from King bombe. then aang goes out in a quest to find the king. in the episode they meet up with azula and her gang. they get into a fight. ty lee turns off katara's bending by doing some fast moves and punches. the aang finds king bombe and they go down those mail carriers. then king bombe tells him that he can't learn earthbending from him. he can earthbend even in the box he is in. he tells aang to learn bending from another person. in the end, aang goes and takes king bombe's advice and goes out to find a different teacher.
  • cool episode

Despite finding out that Omashu has been captured by the Fire Nation, Aang insists on trying to find King Bumi within Omashu's borders, even with the dangers that will await him and his friends if his real identity is discovered. Meanwhile Azula goes in search of old friends to help her with her mission. Can Aang locate his friend Bumi or will Azula succeed in capturing the avatar? I liked how aang was willing to put his life ahead of king bumi and i liked how omashu was finally invaded and captured by the firenation. aang is still my least favorite character.
  • Aang and friends come back to a Omashu run by the fire nation and go out and search for King Bumi.

Overall this was an enjoyable episode but I was somewhat disappointed in the whole don't fight and live another day to fight. But in some ways I guess it is a good message. Boumi not fighting back was depressing but to think when his surprise attack will come is interesting. This episode seems to show how much power Azula really has in the ability to rename a city (Omashu to New Ozai) after her father. It also shows how powerful she is next to the Avatar, though Aang still gives her a much deserved beating. All in all the episode was enjoyable to watch, but depressing in some aspects, as I have said before.
  • Okay, not the best episode, but it had me excited. When my mom and grandma saw it a couple of years ago they were quite confused though. Great Episode!

It was an "OK" episode. A little confusing, that's it. It was a really good one though. One of the things that I thought was weird was that the fire nation acted less like the fire nation but more like the earth kingdom, always suspicius, La La La! You know; but the fire nation doesn't act the normal "SIEGE THEM!" kind of fire nation, they act like the kind of "WHO ARE YOU?" kind of fire nation. But anyway, the episode had a beautiful fighting scene at the end. You just didn't know what would happen next. Other than that, it had a great story, just not good enough for me to say "10 out of 10, perfect!"
  • GREAT!!!

Despite the shocking news the gang have just discovered, Aang insists on trying to find King Bumi within Omashu's borders, even with the dangers that will await him and his friends if his real identity is discovered. Meanwhile Azula goes in search of old friends to help her with her mission. after finding a underground bunker where the earth kingdom soldiers hide from the fire nation, aang talks them into abandaning Omashu to beable to live to fight another day, but there are thousands that need to leave, and they devies a plan, a plan to escape, but when they leave they get an unexpected over count when the governors infant son tags along.
  • This was a lot better than the last episode in Omashu.

I loved this episode is so many different ways. Even that Zuko and Iroh didn't appear in it, and I hate most episodes that don't, however; I loved this one. Hiding out in Omashu, fighting Azula, King Bumi being captured, and lots of other things. I really didn't like how Mai acted about her own baby brother. She didn't care about him at all! She is heartless! This is the first appearance of Mai and Ty Lee. I'm glad that they added them to the show. Great addition. And for the faking of the Earth people being sick! That was hilarious with them acting all sick. Overall, great episode, exactly why I watch this show, it gets a 9.7.
  • The episode title says it all!

Overall: this is a good episode that brings on another episode that is even greater.
  • Aang vs. Azula

Aang and friend arive at Omashu and larn that it has been over thrown by the fire nation. Despite the shocking news, Aang insists on trying to find King Bumi within Omashu's borders, even with the dangers that will await him and his friends. Aang learns that Bumi let the fire nation take over Omashu. The governer who has lost his son agrees to exchange Bumi for his son. Meanwhile Azula goes in search of old friends to help her with her mission. The two friends that she picks are Mai who uses sharp weapons to attack at long range and Ty Lee who uses short jabs to disable a person and their bending abilities. At the exchange Azula finds out that Aang is the Avatar and attacks him. When Aang frees Bumi he tells Aang about jing and says is is waitng for the right time to fight. Aang gives back the the generals son and it seems that Aang has made some new enemies.
  • Great episode!

Ohmasu has been taken over by the firenation, and Aang is still dead set on finding king bumi to teach him how to earth bend. The ep is chomcial in ways, and shows more about the firenation and there people. This ep also introduces two new characters that become very important (one is Hot!!! by the way). There is also a little bit of forshowdowing in this ep as to how Aang will learn earthbending. In this ep we also see what Azula is up to, and what her plans are going to be from now on. This is a well writeen ep that moves the story to the next level.
  • A funny episode! Azuala is so cool, and Flopsy is soo cute!

A funny episode! Princess Azuala is so cool, and Flopsy is soo cute! Azuala is soo awsome! "Set the net on fire!" That was mean what she did to her friend. But oh soo funny! Azuala is a great character, the way she "convinced" her friend to join her mission. I think this was a funny episode, and I think Katara was right when she said the fire nation baby, Tom-tom, was cute! Princess Azuala, Mai, Ty Lee and Katara are all very strong and powerful. It's cute that Mai likes Zuku but it's also creepy...Anways I think it was a good episode.
  • omg i loved it was absolutley phenomonal andkatasrs new water bending skills kick @$$

b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b

• Exciting too.

Ohmasu has been taken over by the firenation, and Aang is still dead set on finding king bumi to teach him how to earth bend. The ep is chomcial in ways, and shows more about the firenation and there people. This ep also introduces two new characters that become very important. There is also a little bit of forshowdowing in this ep as to how Aang will learn earthbending. In this ep we also see what Azula is up to, and what her plans are going to be from now on. This is a well writeen ep that moves the story to the next level.
  • Azula recruits some old friends to help her find her brother and uncle.

Aang, Katara, and Sokka enter Omashu through an underground sewage drain, once in they convince some fire nation guards that Sokka is sick, they buy it and the gang begins their search for Bumi.

Azula enters Omashu, and decides to recruit some old friends.
    She finds Ty-lee at a circus and at first Ty-Lee doesn't want to leave until Azula sabotages her performance then Ty-Lee decides to join Azula.

Mai is back in Omashu, and has already had an encounter with the Avatar, though once Azula returns to Omashu, which she changes to new Ozai, her, Ty-lee, and Mai, handle to trade of Bumi, and Tom Tom.

After they call the trade off, Aang goes to rescue Bumi, and in the process reveals himself to Azula, which immediately gives chase after realizing that he is the Avatar.

A very exciting episode, it was great to see Bumi again, and even some new characters which no doubt have bigger roles in up coming episodes. After the battle Azula adds the avatar to her list as her third target.
  • Well, in this episode, Ty Lee and Mai are introduced to us, and Azula makes a second appearance. I really liked how she persuades them to join her group

Ty Lee! My second favorite character other than Katara! Well, in this episode, she and mai are introduced to us, and Azula makes a second appearance. I really liked how she persuades them to join her group and I enjoyed seeing the fight scene on a scaffold. I believe a similar one occurred in the pilot but was never seen. But, we also get a hint at metalbending in this episode and Aang gets a major disappointment, which turns Season 2 around a little bit, as there is a wee dilemma that is going on. Overall, a very good episode that I enjoy watching.
  • Alot of action in this episode. Also introduces Mai and Ty Lee.

This is definetely an action packed episode. Lots of fight sequences, but it did have some humor to back it up. This episode also introduced Mai and Ty Lee, friends of Azula from when she was a little kid. It shows Mai as a very skilled Shuriken jitsu, which is someone who throws sharp projectiles to attack people at certain ranges. It then shows Ty Lee as a very ditzy, bubbly person, who is skilled in gymnastics and acrobatics. A fight between Aang and Azula occurs, atop scaffolding, which is obviously based on the fight sequence between Zuko and Aang in the unaired pilot. Very good episode. ;3
  • A very well written episode, Mai and Ty Lee are introduced.

This episode is very well written and the first episode you see Mai and Ty Lee. Also the fight scenes are very good. So the Gaang are trying to find King Bumi and get all the citizens out of the captured FN town of New Ozai. They get all the citizens out(with the help of penta pox) and then they are going to trade a FN baby they "captured" for King Bumi. The next day when they are about to trade, Mai calls the deal off and then they start fighting. Katara has to hold off Mai and Ty Lee while Sokka goes off to get Appa. Katara basically disables Mai, but then Ty Lee blocks her chi so she can't bend, and as Mai is about to finish her off Appa comes to the rescue(yay Appa!) So when this is happening, Aang is riding on King Bumi on the mail system while fighting Azula. He basically "wins" and then Bumi tells him that he was not meant to be his teacher and explains him "jing". Eh yeah very good episode.
  • I just cant stop watching Avatar!

This is a great episode, lots of action, lots of thrill! I love this episode so much, it rocks! This episode is good because it seems like it covers so much in so little time, I just loved how Azula made Ty lee go with her to become part of her team because is shows her personality, how she is very controling and she has everything done her way, and if you don't like it you have to deal or well pay as bad as she wants you to pay. I also liked this episode because it had Bumi teaching Aang a lesson, I cant wait to see what is going to happen with king Bumi in the seasons to come because i want to know if New Ozai will become Omashu again, I love this episode, this is probably in my top five favorite episodes, I just cant stop watching Avatar!
  • The gaang goes back to Omashu to find Bumi, but they learn the Fire Nation has siezed Omashu.

The gaang finally arrives at Omashu and learns that it has been over-run by the Fire Nation. They sneak in and try to find King Bumi, who is missing. They come across a small group of people who live their and they tell them that Bumi gave up without a fight. They are all confused, but still want to find King Bumi. Aang says he won't leave until he finds him. Aang finds Flopsie and looks all over town for Bumi with him, while Katara and Sokka uses pentapods to fake a disease and escape will all of the hostage people. Mai's brother, Tom Tom, has a curiousity for Momo and follows them out. When her parents find out he is missing they are very worried. Aang, with Flopsie, tell Katara and Sokka that he cannot find Bumi. A messenger hawk comes down and drops a letter to the gaang, telling them they will make a trade: Tom Tom for Bumi. Aang of course goes back into the city with Tom Tom and awaits for the arrival of Bumi. Azula shows up, with Mai and Ty Lee, and says that she doesn't think its a fair trade...a King for a child. As King Bumi is being let down from a chain (he is trapped in metal) Azula and her team attack. Aang gets Bumi while Sokka and Katara fight Mai and Ty Lee. Azula goes after Aang. Bumi and Aang, being chased by Azula, go on the mail carts and soar down Omashu. Bumi keeps telling Aang he needs to talk to him, but Aang keeps ignoring him. Finally, when they reach the bottom Bumi tells Aang he can still earthbend and gave up because of gins. He says he will wait for the right time to strike back, when he knows everything he must know to win. He tells Aang he cannot teach him earthbending and Aang must find someone who listens to the ground. Bumi then pushes himself back up and Aang returns Tom Tom back and then they leave, off to find a new earthbending teacher for Aang. It was a good episode.
  • This is a great episode because the gang arrive at Omashu and they see that it was been completely taken over by the Fire Nation.

After seeing the shocking news of Omashu's siege Aang still insists, against Sokka and Katara's warnings, to enter the city in search of Bumi. While in the city Sokka gets small purple octopus like creatures attached to his face, after removing them, Fire Nation soldiers believe he has disease due to the small pox-like spots left on his face from the small octopus like animal and run buying the kids some time.

Meanwhile, back on her ship Azula seeks the advice of her trainers about capturing her brother and uncle. They tell her: "When tracking your brother and uncle the royal procession may no longer be an option. You must be wise if you wish to keep the element of surprise." She takes their advice and decides to put together a small agile team to track them.

Back in the city, Aang, Katara, and Sokka make their way through and decide that wherever Bumi's being held prisoner is made entirely of metal to prevent his Earthbending. Just below them, the governor’s wife and children walk; his eldest, Mai, complains about how boring it is in Omashu is, completely unaware that above them two Earthbenders from the resistance have sent large boulders plummeting towards them. Aang sees the rocks heading towards the people below and shoots them out of the way; then people below notice this and attack them. Eventually the resistance rescues the gang.
    Great episode.
  • Aang tries to find King Bumi and Azula tries to find her old friends to help her with her task.

Aang tries on trying to find King Bumi in Omashu but everything had canged since the last time that Aang, Katara, Sokka, Momo and Appa visited. Meanwhile Azula goes in search of old friends to help her with her mission (Ty lee and Mai ).Now Azula doesn't Have to try and find the avatar alone. My favorite part of this episode is when Azula was going to find her old friends and trying to make them go with har so that she could finish her task. This was awesome, fantastick, impressive, excelent, and very very cool. Well there is nothing else for me to write but I hope that you enjoyed this episode.
  • The Earth city of Omashu is under siege by the Fire Nation. Why isn't King Bumi doing anything to stop it?

I know a great deal transpires in this episode but for me the single most important event, besides Sokka and the elbow leeches, is for King Bumi to make a very accurate prediction about who the correct Earthbending teacher is for Aang. He needs a teacher who will wait and listen Bumi says. These single words will help Aang properly identify his teacher, who surprisingly is resistant to teaching him and does not yet even think of herself as a teacher anyway. In this episode we do also see continuing signs of what war really does to a world and a community. Unlike the first and much lighter episode about Omashu, where we meet the mad genuis King Bumi for the first time, this episode shows the toll war takes on a city and its people in a much darker and more realistic way. There are rebels who wish to recapture the city from the Fire Nation and are willing to offer their lives to do it. A brilliant episode in every way!
  • aang,katara and sokka arived at the earthkingdom citty called omashu, the king of omashu (king bumi) was a good friend of aang in earlier years and a while ago they where in omashu.

but noww things where changed.
    the citty was taken over by fire nation.
    the gang decided to make a plan and they went in to free bumi.
    when aang finaly found bumi, bumi was captiveted in a cage and only his face was visable...
    bumi said he was fine and that he was waiting for the big moment to escape.. and it wasent now..
    he got caught again by the fire nation and they took him away, the gang went away safety.
  • This episode was a great start into the swirling Season 2.

In this episode I was happy to see the development of Azula. It was an integral part of the storyline turn in Season 2 because it introduced 2 more characters to play a serious part in the hunt for Aang. Not to mention the development that Bumi provided to Aang for him to learn which direction to take when seeking the right earthbending teacher. Overall this episode helped develop the storyline and ignited Azula's passion to capture Aang. I did not care too much for the sub plot that involved the baby and the people of Omashu but I guess they needed that so that the characters would meet.
  • Azula finds more reinforcements for her small, elite army. She goes out and gets her old friends, Ty Lee and Mai. The Gaang returns to Omashu and finds out it has been over-run by the Fire Nation.

< 1 2 3