Avatar: The Last Airbender

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

cutiepie2191

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Reviews page 2 of 74

• Simply the Best show ever!!!

First off, if i could give this show more than a 10, I would because that's how amazing it is!!!

I remember watching this show back when it aired and just recently watched it again. Every episode (even the fillers) was fun and exciting to watch. Avatar provides something that most other shows don't... Everything!!! Whether it's comedy, romance, epic fighting that leaves your body tingling and vibrating, a captivating story and much more, Avatar provides this. Furthermore, character development is amazing. I found every main and minor character enjoyable to watch thanks to excellent scripting and acting.

This is Nickelodeon's best work so far (in my opinion) and definitely the best animated show Americans have produced (thank you Japanese Anime). I would recommend this to kid or adult alike. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and prepare to awed by this masterpiece. :)
  • avatar the last airbender is the best action martial arts cartoon i ever seen!!!

avatar the last airbender is the best show ever this show blows me away with its story telling this show has to be number 1 on the charts the action is perfect and the show is well balanced and the power of bending the elements is so amazing am the biggest fan of this show and i been for a long time i love the fighting so much because am a big fan of martial arts avatar is the best show on nick i will be forever!!

LONG LIVE TEAM AVATAR !!!!!!!!
  • best show

the best show with best story it.
  • one of the best shows for kids to watch!

where do i start with this show! ITS FANTASTIC PEOPLE!

I am a HUGE fan of this show and it's one of the best shows on television!

The story is genius. It deals with concepts like war, trying to find yourself (regaining your honor-like Zuko), proving yourself to the world, finding your identity, and much much more. The characters thoroughly change from the beginning to the end. Aang turns from this happy-go-lucky kid to this mature fully understood young boy. Katara goes from this small curious waterbender, to this symbol of hope and motherly affection, while still being a bad-ass when people mess with her. Toph (my favorite character) can be seen slowly changing from this head-strong earthbender to a girl who understands community and love much better by the end. Sokka turns from this sexist, mean, and sarcastic jerk to an understanding, mature, still sarcastic and silly young man. And lastly Zuko- oh god Zuko! Probably one of the most well developed characters I have ever seen on He's backstory is so tragic, everything he does is so tragic, his journey is filled with sadness and angsty and he journeys to find out his destiny and all that good stuff.

The morals and philosophy is great. The animation is great. The action scenes (which are martial arts by the way- very smart!) are amazing and keep you at the edge of your seat. I can go on about praising this show but that would take millions of pages! Overall, it's a true 'diamond in the rough", basically one of the best ones you'll find!

i TOTALLY recommend it! WATCH IT GUYS, YOU WON'T REGRET IT, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!
  • The full package

Avatar: The Last Airbender is, as the title says, the full package. It has action, adventure, comedy, romance, and drama, and it's a cartoon! Most MOVIES can't pull that off these days! Please, if you haven't watched this show yet, go RIGHT NOW!
  • Avatar The last good show on Nickelodeon

The show is very funny right from the beginning. The characters have great chemistry and I loved watching all the team work. The show was started for kids but the creators knew they could do a lot more. They put themes in this show so that kids and adults alike could see parts of themselves in these characters. And your with the characters through the good and the bad. Sometimes when somethings happen your just left in shock. The show even makes fun of itself once. The animation looks great and the fight scenes are top notch. The plots are always very focused and very good. Just the world they built around them all the set up is amazing. This show has been at high praise and it deserves very last bit of that praise. Back to the humor theres a lot of comedic relief and in slower episodes theres a lot of it. There are a lot of episodes that side track from the main goal of the show. Either it's very interesting things or it's a very emotional struggle. either way there great episodes with some of the best humor. I couldn't recommend this more.
  • The best show

avatar the last airbender, the legend of korra and victorious are the best shows on nickelodeon.
  • Amazing!

It's 2013, and I didn't even know this series existed until a year after it ended (thank, you reruns!), but I'm still watching it.. :)
  • The best show on nick!

Its the best show on nick!
  • Woooo

LOOOOOVE IT! Love it, love it love it!
  • Classic

This and TMNT 2012 are the greatest shows Nickelodeon has EVER Done. Mike and Bryan deserve a medal, along with everyone associated with this show! They truly saved Nickelodeon and the world of Animation. :)
  • Nick Struck Straight Gold Years Ago With This

Avatar will be around long pass it's time you know when shows need to end but this one will keep going this down right the Best Show I have ever watched I new more about this show than I did My science social studies Math and ELA Homework put together I mean this show is simply the best I use to stay home from school just to watch the episode I love the Sequel to The avatar I mean this show can't be compared to any other show Upset mine because when I get older I'm going to be a Show Creator but yeah Avatar is the best action packed beautiful plots I always wondered how they just come up with the unique city names and Character names but this show is the best cartoon ever to happen and the Creator needs Generation award for Making my favorite Characters are on and off but you this show is beautiful Thank You Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko beautiful story plots and everything
  • The best American tv show of all time

American tv shows have a tendency to fall flat in comparison to Asian productions, particularly Japanese anime, but Avatar: the Last Airbender rivals some of the best of what Japan has to offer.

This was one of those famous shows that are essentially pop culture phenomenons that I always heard about but never got around to watching until around a year ago. I now regret I haven't watched it sooner, as I've been missing out on one of the best tv series ever. The story follows the adventures of Aang, the avatar (spiritual and physical guardian who masters all four forms of bending the elements) of his age, who is freed from an iceberg he had been trapped in for 100 years by two Water Tribe siblings, Sokka and Katata. Sang discovers that the world is in the midst of a devastating war, and that his entire people, all the airbenders, were killed in a brutal genocide, and he is the last one, hence the title. He sets off to master the four elements to defeat Fire Lord Ozai to end the war. Ozai's son, Zuko, in the meanwhile is after the Avatar for his own tragic reasons.

Plot: The story is unique in that it has two main characters, as it is Zuko's story as much as it is Aang's. Their two stories are intertwined and are constantly wonderfully paralleled in every aspect, a parallel that grows stronger and more clearly as the series progress. Like their ancestors Roku the Avatar and Sozin the Fire Lord, Aang and Zuko's destinies are tied to each other. The story, which starts off simply enough, gradually becomes more complex as the show carefully builds and expands the world its set in. The plot is engaging and it has loads of plot twists and emotional moments, so be prepared for an emotional ride. The story itself is surprisingly deep, exploring mature and complex themes ranging from war to hope to loss to utopian conspiracy and abuse of power, even nuclear warefare. It's a powerful story and each episode has its own depth, parallelism, or symbolism in its own way. It all culminates in a huge and powerful climax. You'll be heavily invested in the story, which grows steadily darker with each season, from beginning to end.

A special mention should be made for the setting and humor. The amount of thought put into designing prominent locations and basing them off real locations is staggering. Ba Sing Se's design for example is genius with each section designed carefully. The humor in the show is hilarious and almost always finds its mark. I would find myself rolling over in laughter, and the show's balance between serious and humorous is brilliant.

Characters: THIS is what A:TLA is famous for amongst many, and for good reason; the complexity of the characters in this show, their sheer depth, is mind-blowing. Many essays have been written on them, and the brilliance of the characters never fails to astound me. Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph are amongst the most complex characters I have seen, as is Zuko, whose character arc is nothing short of incredible. Azula is one of the creepiest and deepest villains I have ever seen, and the character dynamics provide an abundance of both humor and emotion. There are tons of characters to love and admire. To this day I still look at the show's characters with admiration and love.

Action: Even the action in the show has a level of depth rarely found since all the bending forms are based on real life martial arts which tie in beautifully with the theme of spirituality. Each move is carefully executed, resulting in fast paced action sequences that are both awesome to watch and amazing in detail and thoughtfulness.

Music: Amazing, loved the main theme especially.

Animation: It improves as the series progresses, becoming more fluid until it is breattakingly amazing by the end of the show.

This is one of those shows where a review doesn't do it justice, so watch the show to appreciate its depth and the sheer amount of thought and work put into it. It's both my favorite American cartoon series and favorite American tv show, and I don't think that's changing anytime soon.

• I Really Hate Anime (No Offence To Anime Fans) But This Was Amazing!!!!!!!

This Show Is About The Last Airbender Named Aang Who is The Last Airbender, and His Friends Sokka and Katara who have to train him to beat the fire lord, and this can be enjoyed from people all ages.It's Funny,A Ton Of Cartoon Violence, Entertaining,and there are no fart jokes! Finally Nickelodeon You Have A Really Good Show!!! Here is My Review in a scale from 1-10:

Plot- 10 Nickelodeon Thanks For Bringing A Show To Us That Has A Good Plot!!!!!

Humor- 9.8 This show is funny!

Action/Adventure- 10 A Ton Of Cartoon Violence

Overall- 10

I Recommend This Show For All Ages 8 and up! Even If Your 85 or 10 you will still enjoy this show!
  • I have always been a fan

This show is a perfect combination of slapstick and serious. The characters are amazing, and the animation is really good. The story is wonderful. Anybody who doesn't like this show, I have no clue why, but whats there not to like about it?
  • nota 10

the best of its kind
  • The fricking best TV show ever.

Do you have any idea how many times I've watched the reruns of this show? Do you?

And I still love it. STILL.

The plot is amazing, the characters are great, the jokes NEVER fall flat, it's so entertaining. Not to mention it's sweet, teaches great life lessons and is AMAZING overall.

Yes. Yes yes yes. I will forever love it.
  • I THINK IM IN LOVE.....

This is the best show ive ever watched. great jokes, (sokka)awesome voices that fit each characters personality, awesome episode ideas and awesome EVERYTHING. i never saw a single flaw in this show and watched all the episodes in a week. every time it comes on nicktoons i watch it since its better than the crap that disney channel shows. the only thing i didnt like was there wasnt enough romance!!!<3
  • Yes, I'm giving a Nickelodeon show a 10. Shocked? So am I! Read my 5th reveiw to see why.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (which I will just call Avatar), Is an amazing masterpiece. Now, I was never one to love anime shows. I like drawing anime, but shows like Pokemon and that other stuff always annoyed me. But unlike the others, Avatar is one anime show on a kid's channel that isnt about toys coming to life and brawling. Yes! It is the fantastic journey of three kids (plus Toph in season 2) facing this fantasy world. Each of them have their own destiny, which they ultimatley have to overcome. I have only one issue with this show, but Ill give you come compliments first.

Compliments of this show

Compliment #1 The Environment- The really cool thing about this show is that some people are gifted with the ability to control the elements. (No not with plastic toys that spawn monsters.) They use ancient martial art moves (which are real) to summon the element. The avatar, Aang, can control all four elements. The environment is set in some type of fantasy world, maybe Asia? There are four nations: water, fire, earth, and air. Everyone from the air nation is dead, except Aang. But what I want to get to is that these places are amazing! The floating Air Temples are detailed masterpieces, and the Earth Nation capital city is amazingly detailed as well. It looks like real life. Also adding to this environment is a huge cast of unique characters. They add so much variety to the show.

Compliment #2 Storylines- In this show, each character is meant to have a "destiny". The main destiny is Aang's which is to master all four elements and defeat the evil Firelord. Prince Zuko's destiny is undecided at the begging of the show, but he finally finds out what it is in the last season. Sokka and Katara's destiny is to find their dad. All of the destinies, (and theres more than 3), are not only intresting, but also deep and sensitive, leaving you feeding off of it. And even though theres so much facts to keep track of, the writers manage to let it all flow.

Compliment #3 The Variety of Genres- The last thing you should worry about when watching this show is, "Maybe this show isnt the kind I want to watch.", becaue it is. There is a perfect blend of comedy (especially in the first season), action, romance, and drama. It all fits perfectly. Theres not to much romance or to little comedy. Theres not an overflow of action, and not enough drama. Theres the perfect amount.

I have just one issue with this show

Problem #1 Dont leave me hanging!- I don't really like how this show dosnet wrap up alot of plots... Like one part a guy names Jet gets brain washed (this is in the really creepy season), and he is left behind... What happens to him! Another huge cliff hanger is Prince Zuko's mother. She was supposedly killed... but we dont know. At the end of the very last episode, Zuko asks his father, (whos in prison) where she is. But we dont see the answer -_-

Ok, I need to wrap up this reveiw. All I can say is just give the show a shot! The more fans, the better. Its truly a masterpeice.

P.S Dont plan on too many more good Nickelodeon reveiws :P

• THIS TITLE IS SO CLEVER

I'm in love with it :D

And I can't wait for book 2 in The Legend of Korra GAWD :DDDDDD
  • Cool!

Cool!
  • Favourite

This is my fav. Cartoon Series so far...like 2 watch again & again....:D
  • Best TV Series of all time!

I honestly believe this show beats Batman: The Animated Series in place for the greatest animation series ever! It's Epic, dramatic, hilarious and a huge masterpiece. The Show has some of the greatest characters that are fully developed and interesting. Some of the greatest relationships that are fully explored and analysed. The fantasy setting is not your typical Tolkien rip off, but rather a unique and intriguing world full of wonderful mythology built around it.

The soundtrack by The Track Team is absolutely fantastic, it's some of the greatest music pieces ever made. The look of the show is unique with a blend of asian and western style animation that looks amazing! It takes its audience seriously and that's why millions of people take it seriously.

I could go on and on, but Avatar: The Last Airbender is the greatest TV Program in my opinion. The Story has a beginning, middle and an end, paced masterfully. This is one Epic show you DON'T want to miss.

A+ ,10/10, 5 Stars out of 5.....Its Perfect.
  • Best animated show ever

One of the best show's ever..
  • Best Show Nickelodeon Ever Had!

I love this show! It is even better than Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius and other junk Nick comes up with nowadays! I especially love that Prince Zuko turned around and decided to join Team Avatar in part 2 of Day of Black Sun!
  • A show that truly amazed me as a Kid and as a Teen.

Around the time where Nick, CN and Disney started to die out and loose good shows and put crap on The Last Airbender impressed me as a child.he story is about a young monk who bends air, named Aang, and he is joined by Katara and Sokka. Together, they must defeat the Fire Nation and stop a war that's been going on for 100 years. Aang must learn all 4 elements before facing the Fire Lord, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire, but while they group travels save the world, they are pursued relentlessly by exiled Prince Zuko. Premise wise, the story may not sound interesting, but the show manages to execute it perfectly and turns it into a gripping story that leaves you wanting more. The show manages to combine humor, action, romance, and drama into a well balanced show that never relies on one segment, but does a good job with doing all of them greatly. I recommend this over the crap they show today on TV.
  • Well, a shameful opinion calls for a change of heart.

In part of an edited review, yeah, I don't mean what I say about this show anymore, because I'd be put to shame to hate something that is actually incredibly astounding, and that is what I think about the show now. So yeah, this show is reccomendable, worthwhile, beautifully done, even with the action scenes, it has a special price of effort. It's also one of those animated shows that have made me laugh, that's for sure. As for the characters, they are amazingly done as well, it's kinda hard to describe a bit, but it's enjoyable. So yeah, I honestly and faithfully regret hating through this show, considering my old n00b days. Anyways, I highly reccomend this, and I would hopefully get more into this show along with Legend of Korra.
  • In a sea of bad shows on Nickelodeon, Avatar: The Last Airbender rose up out of the crap, and became a beacon of hope that Nickelodeon will one day return to their former glory

It seems no matter if you watch Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, they always show bad shows. now granted CN does still have some good shows, Nickelodeon seems to suffer, but along came Avatar: The Last Airbender. The story is about a young monk who bends air, named Aang, and he is joined by Katara and Sokka. Together, they must defeat the Fire Nation and stop a war that's been going on for 100 years. Aang must learn all 4 elements before facing the Fire Lord, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire, but while they group travels save the world, they are pursued relentlessly by exiled Prince Zuko. Premise wise, the story may not sound interesting, but the show manages to execute it perfectly and turns it into a gripping story that leaves you wanting more. The show manages to combine humor, action, romance, and drama into a well balanced show that never relies on one segment, but does a good job with doing all of them perfectly. The action scenes are really great and are adrenaline rushing and get you on the edge of your seat to see what the outcome is and are really creative. As you watch the show you actually come to know and love all the characters and see some of them change, and hope the heroes will win. My only complaint with this show is that some of the plot points were never finished and leaves audience member asking what happened and fell disappointed. Avatar was a good show while it lasted and it gives me hope that Nick will one day have more shows like this and go back to the glory days it had. I highly recommend this show to anyone who is sick of all the crap on Nick and CN. I have heard this show will return and I hope so because we need more shows like this.
  • Great Show

This is a show we are going to show our kids and they will love. It is everlasting and has you hooked at every moment. It is somewhat anime but is completely more developed than any anime show ever will be. This show saved Nickelodeon and will forever be up there with Spongebob.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10