Avatar: The Last Airbender

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Reviews page 3 of 74

• Loved this Show!

Man I miss it...
  • An actual masterpiece.

First off, this is NOT AN ANIME! I'm a big anime and manga fan (actual anime, not cartoons-masquerading-as-anime like Pokmon), and this is not an anime. It's a cartoon.

An amazing cartoon with amazing plot development and original characters.

The characters, the enviroment, the development (both plot and character)... There's a reason why everyone says this is Nick's masterpiece. That reason? It's true.

There's also a reason this ended Spongebob's five year streak of winning the award for Best Cartoon in 2007 or 2008. Because it has a point. No offence and all.

There are some points where you're like "GET ON WITH IT!!", but mostly, this cartoon is amazing. It has the perfect blend of humour, seriousness, and action. It's got something everyone will enjoy.

Definitely worth checking out, even if it did end.
  • A work of art!

I miss this series, and "The legend of Korra" fails to satisfy. I loved everything about this series, the animations the storyline, just everything. First of all, it had a good, satisfying plot that all tied together, and the animations had a very great style of art. Also this series had a nice, no, a great ending, best I've ever seen so far. It had a long enough series and each episode got better,"the legend of Korra" had good potential but sorry, try again. I would recomend this series to everyone, because its got something for everyone!
  • Outstanding World Of Avatar

The best cartoon ever made. One of the best series finale ever.
  • LOVE IT

NOT EVEN A TRIILLION WORDS CAN DESCRIBE HOW AMAZING THIS SHOW WAS.
  • Just Downright Wonderful

This show was unique, creative, hilarious, mature and beautiful.
  • Wow, did not expect this

when this came out I was in my mid 20's. I turned on the TV and came across this by accident on a Saturday morning. Now I couldn't commit to this show at the time as I was busy or valued my sleep more. Finally when the show was concluded I was able to get a copy of it as a whole. From start to end I was in love with this show. There were times when you roll your eyes but it is a kids show. But the fact that a kids show had me returning was testament in itself. This is a great cartoon from start to finish. The only thing I could have asked for was more violence but that would take away from the fact that this is a kids show. I just learned about the new series that is 7 episodes in. Without thought I know that I will be watching these soon enough. Just watch the show and enjoy it. So long as it's not live action then I am good.
  • Simply the Best Children's Show Dealing with Mature Issues I Have Ever Seen

Certain individual episodes may be wanting, but as a whole, this series is a masterpiece in a way few can be considered to be. There is no other cartoon series that I have ever seen with characters so compelling and entrancing, stories so interesting and exciting, stakes so high, and such great fun when things are lighter, than this. The power, especially at the ends of seasons, hope mixed with sadness and fear of one's own enormous, indomitable power at the end of the first season, despair with the faintest seeds of hope, unlooked for, mixed with a feeling of utter betrayal and yet ultimate sternness at the end of the second season, and such bittersweet finality at the end of the series, knowing that, though this story is over, the characters are still mostly just children and they have much more of their lives in front of them than behind. Yet this portion of their lives, wherein they are wandering free but with purpose is over and it was a good and happy period overall that simply will never be able to be recreated. Nonetheless at the end they have restored the world to balance and there is great cause for hope for a brighter future. Sorry this is rambling. This is a great series.
  • Wow, just wow

I used to watch this show in elementary school and was obsessed with it. I completely forgot about it for two years and just dug up my old DVDs. This show has a lasting appeal and will always be in my mind, the greatest animated show ever. And just so all of you otaku people know, avatar is not a traditional anime so calm down
  • Avatar The Last Airbender is a show that is really ahead of its time absolutily wonderful i could not think of a better kids show!!!

Avatar the Last airbender is a story about a world that has be torn for about 100 years(and about a 12 year old boy who must accept his calling) the firenation has band together and started to take over every other nation (the other nations are Earth Kingdom, water tribe, air nomads)the firenation has totally got rid of the airbenders as far as we know and has put the other nations at its knees but it was not always like this you see there was a person known as the avatar he was the only one who could control every element that all the other nations can control (which are water, fire, earth, and air.) but when the old avatar died a new avatar was born in the air nomads( you see the avatar has a cycle that it must follow you see when a avatar dies he is rencarnated to the next nation and the order goes air water earth and fire) his name is aang but aang is not so happy to be the avatar so he runs away and there is a storm that threw aang and his bison named appa in to the water and aang protected his himself by putting him and appa in suspended animation next thing you know 100 years has passed and things are not how aang remebered come to find out the fire nation attacked every other nation to take control over the world and the fire nation is near victory now aang is the only one who can stop the firenation from finshing the horrible task and must accept his calling as the avatar who is the only one who can stop the firenation aang must master all four elements and stop the firenation from winning.
  • Why cant all children's programmes be like this?

I love it. The story of a group of friends quest to destroy the nation that rules over all the others. I think the key to this being great is the fact that almost all children would love to be aang, kitara, soka or toff. They travel around this amazing world having adventures and meeting new people. I've watched naruto and samurai x (which in my opinion is pure trash) and both seem too hung up on how the group loves each other and it gets all bogged down with nostalgia and "feelings." Although avatar has its moments, it always seems more raw.

Again I love this programme. I have watched every episode of this and the legend of korra. it makes me very happy to know that somewhere there are still people who write good characters and great plots and all for the imagination of children. thank you.
  • This is the greatest cartoon out today.

When I first saw this show's commercial before season 1, I thought that this show would go down hill fast. I figured I might give it a try anyway. The first 2 episodes were okay and I thought I had seen better, but I also felt that the story line had potential, so I continued to watch it. By the 4th episode I fell in love with Avatar and I couldn't miss a single episode. This is a really good show coming from Nick,which I think has a lot of corny shows. Avatar is also one of those only shows that are interesting to almost any age. Avatar also can deal with real life problems. If you haven't seen this show, I suggest that you get to your nearest movie rental store and rent all of the DVDs, trust me, you will go through them quickly!
  • great show

i think this show was amazing i pent my younger years watching and waiting for the final episode to see who wins the 100 year war.

• The only reason Nick is even in existence anymore!

I have never seen a Nicktoon so awesome,normally we'd be stuck with this baby stuff like Barnyard,Tak,etc.Thankfully we have this to guide us through the dark ages that are now current day Nick.It's got some really cool graphics and anime styled drawings,some solid plots.great voice acing and BGM,plus they actually have death in this American anime.If it was any other show they'd just say they go to another dimension like what 4kids did in Yu-Gi-Oh.Even if you aren't a big anime fan or like it at all,I will recomend this to any one of those people.I'm missing a lot of season three though because of the bad timeslots they put it at as if Nick is just trying to replace it with more NBB or Spongebob repeats I can watch 500,000 times a day.I hope Nick won't cancel it like that,I'd prefer to see the story be finished properly before doing such a thing
  • Possibly Nick's last cartoon to get 9 out of me.

A lot of people have been regarded this as one of the best shows Nick has ever made, and I can understand why. Avatar: The Last Airbender is about an airbender named Aang who is the last of his kind, and has to defeat the Fire Nation, being the Avatar. The story is very great and is perfectly executed. The characters themselves are also great, and are amazingly developed. Aang would be my favorite character. The artwork is also executed well, giving the environments more depth, and with the characters being very originally designed. The animation is also downright gorgeous and everything flows pretty smooth. The voice cast also suits perfectly well, and all the lip syncs are perfectly on cue. The action is very entertaining to watch, and everything seems so beautiful. The humor itself is actually fresh, and while at some parts, it does come off as recycled, most of it is pretty funny. Heck, its humor tops most of the garbage Nick calls "comedies". The only thing I didn't like is how boring it got at some parts. At some points, I felt that there was too much dialogue and not enough action.

Overall, at times it can get boring to look at, but Avatar: the Last Airbender is a very enjoyable experience to look at. I say watch this show whenever you get the chance.

Presentation: 9/10 The premise is very fresh and original, and most of the plots are very well executed.

Animation: 9.5/10 Artwork is great, the animation is awesome and flows very smoothly.

Voice: 9.5/10 The voice cast suits the characters perfectly, and all the lip syncs are perfectly matched.

Entertainment: 9/10 It does get boring on some parts, but the action is executed perfectly, and many the jokes are laughable.

Lasting Appeal: 10/10 Everything here is so rich and executed perfectly that you are probably going to have a hard time putting this show down.

FINAL SCORE: 9.5/10 Incredible
  • Avitar vs. korra

Jusy watched the legend of korra and im dissapointed. I was expecting that it wouldnt be as great as avitar but this was just sad i with they had just continued on with avitar. Like what happend to zuko's mom??? Did he find her? Did he and mai have kids? Did they get married!?!? I have so many unanswered questions!!!!!!!!! D:
  • This is simply the best cartoon I have ever seen! I can't wait for the new episodes to come out in July 2008!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is a really good cartoon to watch. It is full of action, adventure, drama, and sometimes a little romance. Then when it comes to the plot of the whole show, it is truly amazing. This is the first cartoon I have ever seen that takes the plot, and make it better and better. It's so good if you watch it, you might not even want to blink your eyes. To me this is the best cartoon in the whole world. Mad props to all of the creators, producers, writers and cast who put this magnificent cartoon on the air. I will always be a fan of, Avatar: The Last Airbender.
  • SO YOU THINK YOU ROLLIN' BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAN OF ANIME? LOL.

Avatar isn't an anime, it just resembles the anime style. @Darkparrisia. "Avatar: making anime look stupid since 2005" How is it not original? I'm sorry, why don't you try to go air your own show, and come back and then talk about not original, If it wasn't original I don't think it would've gotten that far but it did, And if you loved anime as much as you said you do, you would've known that this isn't an anime. You are obviously mad that you couldn't make a show as good as this one, and it urks me that you would bother to watch the whole series, if you didn't like it why continue. Gah you lack common sense, to me you're just another japanese obsessed "OTAKU". You sicken me.

I love this show so much, and I love the legend of korra, I just wish they didn't take out the old characters, I mean I'm fine with aang, sokka would've been a funny old man..so would have toph. :c
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender. Making anime look stupid since 2005.

I really, really love anime. But when I first saw Avatar: The Last Airbender, I began to regret the fact that manga and anime had ever been popular in the United States. This farce is a complete mockery of the Japanese manga art, dragged down by its Japanese-American hybrid art form (which looks horrendous) and lack of an actually interesting plot. It's not original, at all. The characters, who are somewhat believable in the first series, become artificial, their dialogues forced. The only reason it seems anyone does anything in the show is because it's their "destiny-" Is there any actual reason the fire nation is taking over everything? Any reason at all that Aang has to be the one to stop him and no one else? There's plenty of action, but it doesn't go anywhere. Also, the ending is so predictable, it's not even worth watching the last few episodes. Bottom line: If you want to watch real anime, watch Inuyasha or Death Note. Not this horrible, horrible show.
  • A surprisingly good American made cartoon -- that\'s right, it\'s not actually an anime! Unlike many recent cartoons, this one has good voice acting, an interesting storyline, and its not afraid of putting effort into animating the violence.

Well, my first impression of this show was \"Oh no, not another badly dubbed anime\". However, after watching for about 10 seconds and changing the channel, I decided to go back and see what the heck the show was about. As it turns out, its not actually a dubbed anime, it just resembles japanese animation so much that I could hardly tell!

The theme of the show is surprisingly asian for an american made cartoon. Names, writing, and the overall feel is more asian than a lot of actual anime Ive seen. I was pretty impressed any american animation company would actually go along with that, and I\'m proud of them for doing so.

However, the reason this show got me hooked is not because of its similarity to anime. The storyline is actually quite well done, and the voice acting is nowhere near as bad as a lot of cartoons that have been coming out recently. In fact it\'s actually pretty good. I also always look forward to watching the fight scenes involving the fire tribe - they are well animated and action packed.
  • Probably the only Nickelodeon show that had real substance

I like a lot of things about this show. Great character development and plot.
  • This is so much more than a children show. I think everyone of all ages could get behind this series. I mean, they even attempted to make a good live action movie of this, even though fail, don't let that turn you away from this animated series.

The story for this animation is new and exciting. Sure I've seen shows where people are able to control the elements and have these cool attacks but I never seen a way so fresh and exciting. Everyone wanted to be a bender of some sort . The stories that underlie the main story is just great. The adventures they have, and what it takes to become the avatar will capture you. And this could also get emotional at some points and the theme of overcoming one self in this show is strong. No matter your age, give this show a try.

I am so excited for the Legends of Korra, the next avatar.

• A great show and very well thought out. One of my favorites.

I believe that this is a very good show all around. It is one of the best shows on Nickelodeon and I'm happy that it won the Kid's Choice Award. The show is greatly written and has a very good plot as well as being very well written. The characters are well developed and it is one of the only shows that has continuity and dynamic characters. It's refreshing to see a cartoon show that's not completely stupid or gross or shows a complete lack of thought or planning. I have completely given up on watching Cartoon Network and Avatar is one of the only shows that are any good on Nickelodeon.

Often times the only regret people have about the show is that it takes too long too for them to come out with new episodes. I personally don't mind as long as the creators make the episodes as good as possible. After all, it takes a long time for them to make the more realistic looking somewhat anime characters and incorporate all of the martial arts into their actions. The only downside to the show is that is sometimes somewhat corny and cheesy when it tries to be funny. Although it's nice to some humor is the show as the world teeters on the edge of complete destruction.

For all of those people who gave this show a 10 I hope that it is absolutely your favorite show in all ways and it is completely "perfect". Because a 10 means that it is absolutely 100% perfect in all ways. I would advise you to give it a more realistic rating. Overall I give this show a 9.4. It's a great show and has many very good episodes. I would recommend this show to pretty much anybody.

It's just too bad that the series is going to end right in its prime. Oh well... At least there's going to be some live-action movies coming out based on the series.
  • I may not be a big anime fan but I really love "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

As you just saw from the intro of my review, I am not a big anime fan but I happen to love "Avatar: The Last Airbender". When I saw the first episode of this show which was the day it premiered, I didn't get into it. I don't know why but the first episode of the show didn't live up my hype when I was younger. Anyways, I decided to give more episodes chances the more episodes I watch, the more addicting this show started to get. I heard that this show was even popular than "SpongeBob SquarePants" when it was on the air. I was offended since I love "SpongeBob SquarePants" but I got used to it as I was growing. Who ever came up with this show is a genius. It has a bunch of action, it can be very funny at times, and the dialogue of each episode is just terrific and mind-blowing. I have seen every single episode from beginning to end and it is just amazing. There are a few episodes that have bored me but most of the episodes are just all-around entertaining and exciting. We also get some very good and terrific drama in this show. We have characters such as Aang, Katara, Sokka, Momo (the lemur), Appa (Aang's bison), Iroh, Zuko, Azula, and more characters. Even you have never seen this show, you must watch it. It is just epic, very funny, and it can be very addicting. Overall, it's a shame that this show ended but "Avatar: The Last Airbender" will always be the most epic and most addicting Nickelodeon cartoon that I have ever seen. 10/10

• It had it all...

Avatar is one of the few animated series I watched from the first to the last episode. It was fun, mysterious, romantic and friendly on the eye. That being said, I have mixed feelings about the show ending.
    On the one hand, The story has come full circle. The purpouse of the story has been reached and there is no reason to continue. Lovely as it was, it was time to end it.
    On the other hand, all evil that the Avatar was there to straighten out did not magically disappear. There will always be bad-guys and there is a reason the Avatar existed in the first place.

I am thrilled that the series will be rebooted with a different avatar in the lead. I just hope they can match up to the original series.

• this is the best show of ALL!!!! DONT CANCEL IT PLEASE DONT!!!!! the avatar is WAY better then any other show

This is the best show in the world everybody watches it me, my brother, my mom, my sister, and my entire family this is a really good show that everybody should watch. When it first came out I thought it was going to be a very gay show but my nephew told me about this show so I watched it but I didn't know much about it and so I decided to watch it with him I had to ask some questions like asking who was Aang and what does the avatar do but I learn much more and I really like the I watched more and more and more of the avatar but I wanna know why they wanna cancel it and I think I know why is because the avatar is becoming more realistic like the ladies in the avatar show have better ass and bigger boobs and there's always lots of kissing scenes and that's something kids shouldn't watch oh well everything that has a beginning must have an end. But please just keep making new episodes until the whole season is over.
  • Aye Nick ...

I dislike Nick. and it's the truth. Some of the best shows cancels there. Hey Arnold, As Told by Ginger, and now this greatness!! Avatar... the ending could have been better i'll admit and only because you watch it and you could see how much further they could have gone with the plotline. Even a new plotline could have accure. Sure he can access into his spirit mode and go all AVATA! but he himself have't mastered the elements. Or in the ending series I would have LOVE to see Zuko's mother and where on earth the sister end up going?...I mean she SNAPPED at the end...that child needs "special care". I'm sad too see it go...and my believe is no human can EVER portray them...and it almost saddens me to hear them coming out with a live action...EH...but nevertheless I can't wait to see how Hollywood is going re-create a simple classic such as this.
  • Stellar

Upon seeing that it was a Nickelodeon show and watching the first few episodes I wasn't expecting much but it really blossomed into a great show. The writing and characterization in the show is amazing and the action is usually spectacular. The first season was pretty good and the second season is easily the best but the third season was disappointing. First of all the animation seemed different and not in a good way. The colors were way toned down and faded and the action scenes were not as spectacular as they were in season 2. Also, the writing was way to goofy and didn't flow well. But aside from the not-so-great 3rd season, overall the show is awesome. The best episode is "Zuko Alone" but also check out "The Blue Spirit".

Season 1: 8.5
    Season 2 : 10
    Season 3: 8
  • The best show ever

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.
    Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony.
    Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
    Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them.
    But when the world needed him most, he vanished.
    A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar,
    an Airbender named Aang, and although his Airbending skills are great,
    He has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone.
    But I believe Aang can save the world.

avatar is one of the best shows ive seen in a long time. The first time nick has made a cartoon drama show.i think they should make more drama shows and cancell all the shows like the x's and catscratch.
  • I love this show so much

This show is a true classic. It is by far my favorite show on nickelodeon and also my favorite show period. It has everything, romance, drama, suspense, and a great amount of action. It has some of the best characters in all of tv, and it also has a great plot. It has its few kinks, but these are very small. Avatar is just almost perfect. I cant even write a full review on it. I love this show so much, it has me on the edge of my seat and anticipating when the next episode will come out. It is just a great show and one of the best all time.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10