Avatar: The Last Airbender

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

cutiepie2191

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Reviews page 9 of 74

• Excelent

This show its awsome i love the story about the profecy of the Avatar, the savior that combines the four elements to fight against the Fire Nation and their armies

The story its awsome the fight scenes are out-of-this-planet i personally love the Water Tribe all that about the spirit of the moon and all that Avatar: The Last AIrbender its a great show for all ages not just kids people will love it and those who said "Nah too kid-show" or did not see it or they see just an episode Avatar if you want to see it you will see episode after episode so addictive i saw the two books Water and Earth in a week!!! Now im watching Book III: Fire Excelent Show Nickelodion Hands Down 10/10 :):):)
  • Well heres another show that nick is trying to get rid of because they for some reason dont like it!

Avatar is probabley my favorite show on television but nickelodeon for some reason just dosent like it.The first two seasons were fine because they showed it every week and old episodes were on everyday but starting with season three everything changed.We all had to wait 9 whole months to see new episodes but for about 8 months there were no episodes of avatar on nickelodeon.The weird thing is that during the third season they promised 10 weeks of avatar but noooo they showed 9 weeks of avatar and had to wait one week to get to mid season!Also on dvds they were showing avatar episodes before they premired!As I said earlier during the 9 month wait there was to trace of avatar on nick whatsoever because they wanted to put new crappy shows on the air.You should agree with me that nickelodeon just dosent like avatar so they try to show it the least they can because they want it demographic.Its like 'hey we have an amazing show in our hands !what should we to with it? Well 7 and 8 year olds dont like it so so lets put new episodes of spongebob on and completely remove avatar from nick!'But sir wouldnt that cost all the fans of avatar and cost us ratings? well we have barnyard and tak! who cares I mean if 7 year olds dont like it than it can be succesful.
    Thats what I imagine nick sying and its the same thing with other nick shows.They only show it for like 2 or 3 years and thyre done!I just dont understand nicks way of doing things.I mean fans of avatar just kept getting fed up and started watching it somewhere else!All im trying to say is nick tries to ruin perfect shows so they can come up with new shows that nick dosent give a chance to be popular!
    Avatar is my favorite show and now its not on nick anymore which is pretty sad because they just replace it with bad shows.Im sure gonna miss avatar.
  • This is a great cartoon.

This is a great cartoon. I have enjoyed all the characters in it. Grate fore kids and adults. I personally haven't seen all the episodes. I am planning on renting ore buying them. A good show for children. Has good plots and morel values. Keeps kids busy and thinking. Very good entertainment. Must see it for yourself.

Avatar is amazing and its deep. It also has issues that happen in everyday life. This is one fabulous piece of beautiful animation. I love it so much. It's a show everyone should experience no matter how old you are. Is truly beautiful. you must se it.
  • Avatar Season 3

Hey ppl im a new user and I just finished watching avatar season 3. Avatar is set in the ancient days of the Asia (chinnese i think) and centers around a young boy named Anag who is known as the Avatar and must fulfill he's destiny of destroying the Fire and bringing peace throughout the nations of the Fire, Earth, Water and Air Kingdoms. The ending was however expected therefore taking all the suspense out of the episode. On the other hand the action was quite breathtaking, saving this season from its downfall. Overall the Avatar is a one of the best animation series created in my opinion. Saying no more I would be really pleased if they updated the Avatar to the 21st century, so at least we could be much more familiar with its action and episodes storyline.
  • In this show there is a boy named Ang that was frozen for 100 years and these two people named Katara and her older brother Sakka found him and Ang deosn't know that he is the Avatar until he learns that he is and he has to find benders to teach him.

Really the show is all about Airbenders, Waterbenders, Earthbenders, and Firebenders but Ang and his friends are the main characters so his friends and him has to defeat the Fire Lord. In the show Ang deosn't know that he is the Last Airbender until he figures out that he is and he has to find Waterbenders, Earthbenders, and a Firebender to teach him all the benders moves to defeat the Fire Lord. The show is very amazing because Ang learns the coolest moves and meets and travels with the best friends anyone can have. The Animation is very amazing and well detailed. So really any kid real love this show if you are a person who likes unrealistic stuff then you should love this show because it is amazing. The only thing that I don't like about is that the show is over with so that is the only reason that I don't like about. So really this show deserves a 10 outta 10.
  • At first I thought "oh, so it's another American show trying to look like an anime", but soon I realized "Avatar" was much more than an anime-wannabe. Since then, I've been waiting for every new episode.

What do I like about the series? Everything. It starts with the great story, continues with the characters and ends with the well-balanced design.
    In the beginning I thought "just another of those great, powerful heroes", but Aang is everything else than a perfect hero. He's growing and learning. He will be very powerful one day, but in the beginning, he's just a kid that's been asleep for a hundred years because it was too afraid to face destiny.
    And with every new episode, with every new character introduced, my affection for the series grew. I instantly like Zuko, even though he was still the 'bad guy' in the beginning. He had potential, I thought and was not disappointed. (And I have quite a fondness for Uncle Iroh, because it's so hard to estimate what he'll do next.)

I'm not alone, either, there are quite some people in the forums I visit who like "Avatar" just as much as I do. It's a great series and even though it's animated, it surely isn't 'for kids only'.
  • A show that will be remembered in the years to come.

There are not enough words to describe the greatness of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender. The show on so many levels showed what a great cartoon is like and how it can be appreciated by all ages. The animation style was beautiful and a complex story made you want more each time. What seemed at first to be just a story of a kid who was carefree soon turned to a character with great responsibility. The character development was another factor of this show's greatness. You watched characters grow, struggle, and change, giving a more realistic feeling and adding to the likeability of each character. The creators didn't stop there though, they also made it so every little detail or event would prove important later. Things like a gift of a White Lotus tile were never dropped or forgotten but, brought up later. These things, in some cases, left you puzzling 'What could this mean?'.

It is a shame the show is now over but, this show will not soon be forgotten. This is perhaps one of the best cartoons ever and is enjoyed by all ages.
  • My favorite show on Nick!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is personally one of my favorite shows in general, but it is my favorite from Nick. I don't normally have interest in anime, but Avatar is a really cool show anyway. There was a lot to it, which made it interesting the whole way through. They had an interesting beggining (where they had first found Aang in the iceberg), and a butt-kicking finale (Sozin's Comet)! Sadly, the series is over (of course, because the finale already aired), and there is still a bit more left to know. But even if it is over, it's still one of my favorites!
  • It is a great show.

Avatar: the Last Airbender is a great cartoon series. Although it mainly focases on kids as an audience, I still enjoy watching it. It has had four seasons I believe, and four movies endin those four seasons. The only problems I have with this show is that there are to many DVDs for the series! There are at the least 2 DVDs for each season. And there all sold seperatley!!! So if I want to watch the show without having to wait through a TV schedule, I have to buy at the least 12 DVDs to watch the whole thing! Over all, It is a great show, that give you cliffhangers every end of the season, asking yourself, "Whats going to happen next?"
  • Possibly the best show ever.

• Awesome

What can I say about this show, I LOVE IT! I've been with this show since the beginning and it's awesome. You the person who's reading ths should watch this show, it has a good plot, character development, a little romance, and it helps you use your imagination a little bit. I suggest you watch it and see for your-self, this show is amazing, Who ever does reas this season 3 is over, but is there a season 4? If you find out ,please tell me. Alot of people agree with me. So as my review comes to an end, let me just say Avatar the Last Airbender ROCKS! By the way my nickname is BlueWaterHigh
  • Avatar Aang, and air nomad has dissapeared from the world and has come back 100 years later to find he is the last air bender and the onnly person who ca stop the war the is taking place in the world between the Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes

This show is one of the best shows on tv, no I would say it IS the best shows on tv. This is just amazing, it's great for anyone of any age its complex and simple at the same time. I am just blown away by this. All the stoies inwoven just makes up for faboulosity if I may quote Kimora Lee Simons. It will not disapoint, thats a fact. yopu may not be all that in to it, but you can enjoy a little. I actually cried during the seris finally because it was just that good. Gosh this show just leaves my speechless.
  • I love this show so much!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show about a 12-year-old boy who has been frozen inside an iceberg for 100 years. A waterbender named Katara and a warrior named Sokka found him when they were fishing. There are four elements, Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. There is a war between the Fire Nation and the rest of the world. The Avatar's name is Aang. It is his job to defeat the leader of the Fire Nation, which is Fire Lord Ozai. Aang and his friends will meet many villains along the way, including Prince Zuko, Admiral Zhao, and Princess Azula. They will also meet some allies, like Suki and the Kyoshi Warriors, King Bumi, and a lot more. Their main villain for the first season was Prince Zuko. Admiral Zhao was also a villain of the first season. They both wanted to capture the Avatar so they can win the war. Zuko has an uncle named Iroh that is seen in several episodes throughout the season. Zhao dies at the end of Season 1. In Season 2, Azula is now a main villain. Zuko and Azula are brother and sister. They hate each other so much. Aang and Katara are now master waterbenders and Aang needs an earthbending teacher. He meets Toph. She is a blind earthbender who can even bend metal, but Aang never learned metalbending. At the end of Season 2, Zuko betrayes his Uncle Iroh and he is now a prisoner, Aang gets shot down by Azula's lightning and gets "killed". In Season 3, Aang is alive and everyone in the world thinks he's dead. He mastered earthbending and needs to learn firebending. Zuko betrayes Azula and joins Aang and his friends. At the last episode, Sozin's Comet, a powerful source of firebending that gives firebenders great power, comes. It is Aang vs Ozai and Zuko vs Azula. Aang and Zuko win. The war is over. Aang has always loved Katara and they are now together. I give this show an amazing 9.9.
  • A truly great show that is one of my favorite's!

In a lost age, the world is divided into four nations: the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads. Within each nation, there is a remarkable order of men and women called the "benders" who can learn to harness their inborn talent and manipulate their native element. Bending is a powerful form combining martial art and elemental magic. In each generation, only one bender is solely capable of controlling all four elements. That bender is the Avatar. The Avatar is the spirit of the world manifests in human form. When the Avatar dies, it reincarnates into the next nation in the cycle. This show is really great and has very interesting plot twist and back storie's... The charcter's are also very enjyable and the artwork and animation style is very smooth. So overall the show is very good and I reccomend it to anyone that's looking for a good western style cartoon.
  • Best "American anime" of all time.

This show gotta be one of the best "American anime" of all time and of course the best show in Nickelodean. The show has an interesting plot. It has Action/Comedy/Romance/Adventure, and possibly more. Starting in book 1 the show for me looked like a kid show but i still liked it. Stuff like Kiddy jokes, and stuff you will see in a kids show. Book 2 was the best season. The show began to mature more. No more kiddy jokes and more better ones. And more character devlopment. like toph appearing. Long fang, jet returning. anyway a good book

Book 3 was an ok season but matured better. i dont know why this wasent rated TV-PG instead of a TV-Y7 rating. I did not like that but anyway the series final was good. it left some unanswered questions but i dont mind because it wasent alot. Overall one of the best american anime ever. the show will be missed.
  • Not like any other show.

Avatar: the Last Airbender is my ultimate favorite show. It's almost a shame that it's on Nickelodeon. Some people say that it deserves a channel all its own! Since it is on Nick and it's animated, many people think that only 8 to 12-year-olds watch it. However, the show has fans of all ages. Avatar isn't like other shows on Nick, like Spongebob, that have nothing in them what so ever. It has an excellent story line, characters, character development, action sequences, and plot twists. There are hardly any filler episodes, so the series is never boring. It's pretty important to watch the episodes in order because every one of the episodes has some reference to the others. It would be difficult for someone to say something bad about the series after they've watch all the episodes.
  • ok. lets start of with something this show is good but i think intended for a big rang of ages..

this show is very good it is based on chines stiles of fighting ..most people probrily woulldent notice that but it has good art work and every think i think it is a good anime altho there may be 1 that is slighlty better..i dont know haw much they can streach this show out but they will find a away, like anng passing away or zuko stabing him in the back mabe anngs love dieing =[ but i think it cant go on that much becuse he knows all the elements he dident master them yet but... or mabe he will get like reincarnated to alother and the brother and sister going to look for him.
  • Love this series!

It's been a long time since I've seen a series this good. I recently bought the first 2 seasons and the moment I watched them, I was hooked since episode one. I love the characters this this show, all of the are compelling, and interesting to watch. The seasons feel very much like a novel in motion, which made me slap my head halfway through when I finally realized why the seasons are called "Books". Now that I am finished with season 2, now comes the long wait for season 3 to come out on dvd. I can't wait to finish this fantastic series.
  • AVATAR ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!!

Avatar is another one of my fave TV shows as well...
    I just don't see why they ended it already!
    There's still a lot more to the show!
    Like for instance, what happened to Zuko's mother?
    How will Zuko and Aang restore the villages destroyed by the Fire Nation?
    And shouldn't there be an air chapter?
    We've seen the other elements but, I think they should get a little more in depth about the Air Nation and it's history.

Otherwise, I just wish they would bring the show back because it's really awesome and cool!!!!!
    ( And between me and you, ZUKO IS HOT!!!)

Once again, AVATAR ROCKS!
    Hooray for Avatar!
  • avatar the last airbender is the story of a 12 yearold child,aang,that was awaken from a 100 year sleep.over his hundred year sleep a war developed.avatar aang,must travel the world to master water,earth,and fire and deafeat the firelord.

avatar the last airbender is a very good show!!!!when watching the episodes from beginning to end.i am positive that you will become even more deeper into the show than you were before.i have friends of all ages all over the world that watch this show. people from moms to teens to college students and kids.avatar helps you explore a whole new kind of world and learn new things about destiny,love and life.The avatar world is based off of many different forms of asian culture and there are things that are fiction based.take a journey with aang ,katara, sokka, toph,momo(a lemur),and appa(a sky bison) on a quest for anng to master all four elements and defeat the firelord.
  • "Nick's best show yet."

This show from Nick is absolutely fantastic. The storyline is original and there were some funny parts. ^^ The only awkward moments is when it got lovely dovely. I mean... Aang is sort of desperate for love. Also, in the later episode (almost at the end), Katara got annoying. Besides the annoying characters , the show is great!! The show itself isn't that addicting, but it's one of Nick's best creation yet. The creators thought out things well. Somewhere in the future, I hope they make a new series, or continue Avatar. IF they do continue with Avatar, I hope it won't be disappointing. Anyways, if you are reading this and haven't watch the show yet. Watch it now!
  • Absolutely entertaining and original!

I have been a fan of this show since like one year and a couple of months ago. I have to admit I was addicted to it a lot! Everything of it was utterly amazing to me. The finale made me cry. It was like a roller-coaster of emotions. Very memorable and hilariously funny both the show and finale. There would be certain things I would change in both the finale and show that to me would make it perfect but otherwise its great. It influence my life in many good ways. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
  • The finale episode, "Avatar Ang" Part 4.

This episode was both exciting and briliant it left you on your toes and unable to really perdict what was going to happen. Props Aaron for your writing job with this show. although with its greatness, you left out a little bit that almost every writer does. "Toff" essentially is the back bone to the hole team just as she is an earth bender she prides herself on being strong, balanced, well brought up. It was these key habits thats held the group and the story so together. Yet at the end of the show she is the only character that is not given the chance to be happy while everyone gets what they want at the end of the show she is left still to go home and see her disappointed parents who may still not except her for being so powerful yet not be able to see
  • Epic

Absolutely amazing! My 17 year old brother in-law got me hooked on this show about a year ago and I was instantly hooked. The martial arts are real wushu forms and the characters were very complex for a Nickelodeon show. Good versus evil at its finest. This show transcends ages and sterotypes for what an animated show can be. What the simpsons and southpark did for comedy, Avatar has done for the action adventure genre.

Some will say the show was too short or ended before its time, but I say bravo to the creators for knowing that Avatar acomplished its goals and leaving a few unaswered questions will have us fans speculating for years to come.

I only hope the live action movie will stay true to the show and live up to the hype. Good luck Mr Shyamalan
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender > Greatest animated show of all time!

This show is too fantastic it's going to be hard for me to explain!WOW,WOW,WOW!!!Where has it been hiding for all this time?This show has so many emotions connected to it.It could make you cry, feel guilty, be happy, laugh, jump in the air and also make you wet your pants(just joking)not that last one!I rate this show a perfect ten.It has no flaws. Bless those people who created it!Sometimes I wish I was in the show!This show has such twists to it!I love it!Now at season three it is at its peak!It is so good!I hope this show never ends and goes on forever!Go Avatar the Last Airbender!!!!!!!!!
  • Great cartoon. Hope to see it come back again.

I began watching the show recently with my son and I have to say the storyline is fantastic. Both me and my little boy try to watch it everytime it comes on. The cartoon is very imaginative and all of the characters are very likable. On the series finale we were very pleased how it ended but was somewhat disappointed that the series had ended. Though we have some hope there may be a chance that a season four would come out. Again, this cartoon is great, very fun to watch and I hope comes back, or a new series with similar to same characters and story line.
  • I absolutely loved the whole avatar series and was hooked the first time I watched it. If no one continues the series I think I might cry. Absolutely Addicted!!!

I absolutely loved the whole avatar series and was hooked the first time I watched it. If no one continues the series I think I might cry. Absolutely Addicted!!! I think this is a great show for all ages and there should be more shows out there like it. Please regard my praise seriously because I love the show! Aang and all his friends are an inspiration and I almost wish I had bending powers too. The actors, ideas, and illustration for this show was great. Thanks for you interest in my words of gratitude. With much thanks, Elizabeth Bills
  • ORIGINAL!!!!!!!

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen! The plot is great, unique and original. The animation is awsome, the creators and the rest of the crew really did a very good job. It's a story about a 12 (or 112) year old boy whose destiny is defeat the Fire Lord and master all four elements.This show is eveything a good show needs to be: Funny, original, "diffrent", good story line, good animation, action scenes, tear jerker episodes, and you can only realize all these things when it ends...
    Im really gonna miss this show.
    GO AVATAR !! !! =D
  • one of the reasons to watch tv

one of the reasons to watch tv,and it is a good cartoon and movie about martial arts and other things, and should keep on airing. Why does this thing have to be one hundred words long? I can not think of any thing else too write! I am going to keep on repeating that thats thats thats thats thats thats
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender is an American animated anime about a 12 year old boy that must save the world from the evil Fire Nation.

In season one, Aang Katara and Sokka must journey to the North Pole, but on the way they battle the struggling Prince Zuko who will stop at nothing to capture Aang, the avatar. Season Two is where Aang, Katara and Sokka must find an Earthbending teacher for Aang, and on the way they battle Princess Azula who also struggles vs. Prince Zuko to capture the Avatar. The turning point of the Series unleashes the true "Fury of Aang". For any Avatar fan that has only seen Season 1, Season 2 will surely keep you at the edge of your seats. Season 3 can be considered the "Filler" season, but from episodes 10 to 21 of Season 3, it is less "Fillerish". The kids must prepare for the invasion of the Fire Nation in "The Day of Black Sun." But will they win? Not only do they have Azula to worry about, but there is a new villan called Combustion Man. This is surely the BEST SHOW EVER!!!
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13