Avatar: The Last Airbender

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Miroku_of_Nite1

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Reviews page 9 of 73

• My favorite show on Nick!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is personally one of my favorite shows in general, but it is my favorite from Nick. I don't normally have interest in anime, but Avatar is a really cool show anyway. There was a lot to it, which made it interesting the whole way through. They had an interesting beggining (where they had first found Aang in the iceberg), and a butt-kicking finale (Sozin's Comet)! Sadly, the series is over (of course, because the finale already aired), and there is still a bit more left to know. But even if it is over, it's still one of my favorites!
  • It is a great show.

Avatar: the Last Airbender is a great cartoon series. Although it mainly focases on kids as an audience, I still enjoy watching it. It has had four seasons I believe, and four movies endin those four seasons. The only problems I have with this show is that there are to many DVDs for the series! There are at the least 2 DVDs for each season. And there all sold seperatley!!! So if I want to watch the show without having to wait through a TV schedule, I have to buy at the least 12 DVDs to watch the whole thing! Over all, It is a great show, that give you cliffhangers every end of the season, asking yourself, "Whats going to happen next?"
  • Possibly the best show ever.

• Awesome

What can I say about this show, I LOVE IT! I've been with this show since the beginning and it's awesome. You the person who's reading ths should watch this show, it has a good plot, character development, a little romance, and it helps you use your imagination a little bit. I suggest you watch it and see for your-self, this show is amazing, Who ever does reas this season 3 is over, but is there a season 4? If you find out ,please tell me. Alot of people agree with me. So as my review comes to an end, let me just say Avatar the Last Airbender ROCKS! By the way my nickname is BlueWaterHigh
  • Avatar Aang, and air nomad has dissapeared from the world and has come back 100 years later to find he is the last air bender and the onnly person who ca stop the war the is taking place in the world between the Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes

This show is one of the best shows on tv, no I would say it IS the best shows on tv. This is just amazing, it's great for anyone of any age its complex and simple at the same time. I am just blown away by this. All the stoies inwoven just makes up for faboulosity if I may quote Kimora Lee Simons. It will not disapoint, thats a fact. yopu may not be all that in to it, but you can enjoy a little. I actually cried during the seris finally because it was just that good. Gosh this show just leaves my speechless.
  • I love this show so much!

Avatar: The Last Airbender is a show about a 12-year-old boy who has been frozen inside an iceberg for 100 years. A waterbender named Katara and a warrior named Sokka found him when they were fishing. There are four elements, Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. There is a war between the Fire Nation and the rest of the world. The Avatar's name is Aang. It is his job to defeat the leader of the Fire Nation, which is Fire Lord Ozai. Aang and his friends will meet many villains along the way, including Prince Zuko, Admiral Zhao, and Princess Azula. They will also meet some allies, like Suki and the Kyoshi Warriors, King Bumi, and a lot more. Their main villain for the first season was Prince Zuko. Admiral Zhao was also a villain of the first season. They both wanted to capture the Avatar so they can win the war. Zuko has an uncle named Iroh that is seen in several episodes throughout the season. Zhao dies at the end of Season 1. In Season 2, Azula is now a main villain. Zuko and Azula are brother and sister. They hate each other so much. Aang and Katara are now master waterbenders and Aang needs an earthbending teacher. He meets Toph. She is a blind earthbender who can even bend metal, but Aang never learned metalbending. At the end of Season 2, Zuko betrayes his Uncle Iroh and he is now a prisoner, Aang gets shot down by Azula's lightning and gets "killed". In Season 3, Aang is alive and everyone in the world thinks he's dead. He mastered earthbending and needs to learn firebending. Zuko betrayes Azula and joins Aang and his friends. At the last episode, Sozin's Comet, a powerful source of firebending that gives firebenders great power, comes. It is Aang vs Ozai and Zuko vs Azula. Aang and Zuko win. The war is over. Aang has always loved Katara and they are now together. I give this show an amazing 9.9.
  • A truly great show that is one of my favorite's!

In a lost age, the world is divided into four nations: the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads. Within each nation, there is a remarkable order of men and women called the "benders" who can learn to harness their inborn talent and manipulate their native element. Bending is a powerful form combining martial art and elemental magic. In each generation, only one bender is solely capable of controlling all four elements. That bender is the Avatar. The Avatar is the spirit of the world manifests in human form. When the Avatar dies, it reincarnates into the next nation in the cycle. This show is really great and has very interesting plot twist and back storie's... The charcter's are also very enjyable and the artwork and animation style is very smooth. So overall the show is very good and I reccomend it to anyone that's looking for a good western style cartoon.
  • Best "American anime" of all time.

This show gotta be one of the best "American anime" of all time and of course the best show in Nickelodean. The show has an interesting plot. It has Action/Comedy/Romance/Adventure, and possibly more. Starting in book 1 the show for me looked like a kid show but i still liked it. Stuff like Kiddy jokes, and stuff you will see in a kids show. Book 2 was the best season. The show began to mature more. No more kiddy jokes and more better ones. And more character devlopment. like toph appearing. Long fang, jet returning. anyway a good book

Book 3 was an ok season but matured better. i dont know why this wasent rated TV-PG instead of a TV-Y7 rating. I did not like that but anyway the series final was good. it left some unanswered questions but i dont mind because it wasent alot. Overall one of the best american anime ever. the show will be missed.
  • Not like any other show.

Avatar: the Last Airbender is my ultimate favorite show. It's almost a shame that it's on Nickelodeon. Some people say that it deserves a channel all its own! Since it is on Nick and it's animated, many people think that only 8 to 12-year-olds watch it. However, the show has fans of all ages. Avatar isn't like other shows on Nick, like Spongebob, that have nothing in them what so ever. It has an excellent story line, characters, character development, action sequences, and plot twists. There are hardly any filler episodes, so the series is never boring. It's pretty important to watch the episodes in order because every one of the episodes has some reference to the others. It would be difficult for someone to say something bad about the series after they've watch all the episodes.
  • ok. lets start of with something this show is good but i think intended for a big rang of ages..

this show is very good it is based on chines stiles of fighting ..most people probrily woulldent notice that but it has good art work and every think i think it is a good anime altho there may be 1 that is slighlty better..i dont know haw much they can streach this show out but they will find a away, like anng passing away or zuko stabing him in the back mabe anngs love dieing =[ but i think it cant go on that much becuse he knows all the elements he dident master them yet but... or mabe he will get like reincarnated to alother and the brother and sister going to look for him.
  • Love this series!

It's been a long time since I've seen a series this good. I recently bought the first 2 seasons and the moment I watched them, I was hooked since episode one. I love the characters this this show, all of the are compelling, and interesting to watch. The seasons feel very much like a novel in motion, which made me slap my head halfway through when I finally realized why the seasons are called "Books". Now that I am finished with season 2, now comes the long wait for season 3 to come out on dvd. I can't wait to finish this fantastic series.
  • AVATAR ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!!

Avatar is another one of my fave TV shows as well...
    I just don't see why they ended it already!
    There's still a lot more to the show!
    Like for instance, what happened to Zuko's mother?
    How will Zuko and Aang restore the villages destroyed by the Fire Nation?
    And shouldn't there be an air chapter?
    We've seen the other elements but, I think they should get a little more in depth about the Air Nation and it's history.

Otherwise, I just wish they would bring the show back because it's really awesome and cool!!!!!
    ( And between me and you, ZUKO IS HOT!!!)

Once again, AVATAR ROCKS!
    Hooray for Avatar!
  • avatar the last airbender is the story of a 12 yearold child,aang,that was awaken from a 100 year sleep.over his hundred year sleep a war developed.avatar aang,must travel the world to master water,earth,and fire and deafeat the firelord.

avatar the last airbender is a very good show!!!!when watching the episodes from beginning to end.i am positive that you will become even more deeper into the show than you were before.i have friends of all ages all over the world that watch this show. people from moms to teens to college students and kids.avatar helps you explore a whole new kind of world and learn new things about destiny,love and life.The avatar world is based off of many different forms of asian culture and there are things that are fiction based.take a journey with aang ,katara, sokka, toph,momo(a lemur),and appa(a sky bison) on a quest for anng to master all four elements and defeat the firelord.
  • "Nick's best show yet."

This show from Nick is absolutely fantastic. The storyline is original and there were some funny parts. ^^ The only awkward moments is when it got lovely dovely. I mean... Aang is sort of desperate for love. Also, in the later episode (almost at the end), Katara got annoying. Besides the annoying characters , the show is great!! The show itself isn't that addicting, but it's one of Nick's best creation yet. The creators thought out things well. Somewhere in the future, I hope they make a new series, or continue Avatar. IF they do continue with Avatar, I hope it won't be disappointing. Anyways, if you are reading this and haven't watch the show yet. Watch it now!
  • Absolutely entertaining and original!

I have been a fan of this show since like one year and a couple of months ago. I have to admit I was addicted to it a lot! Everything of it was utterly amazing to me. The finale made me cry. It was like a roller-coaster of emotions. Very memorable and hilariously funny both the show and finale. There would be certain things I would change in both the finale and show that to me would make it perfect but otherwise its great. It influence my life in many good ways. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
  • The finale episode, "Avatar Ang" Part 4.

This episode was both exciting and briliant it left you on your toes and unable to really perdict what was going to happen. Props Aaron for your writing job with this show. although with its greatness, you left out a little bit that almost every writer does. "Toff" essentially is the back bone to the hole team just as she is an earth bender she prides herself on being strong, balanced, well brought up. It was these key habits thats held the group and the story so together. Yet at the end of the show she is the only character that is not given the chance to be happy while everyone gets what they want at the end of the show she is left still to go home and see her disappointed parents who may still not except her for being so powerful yet not be able to see
  • Epic

Absolutely amazing! My 17 year old brother in-law got me hooked on this show about a year ago and I was instantly hooked. The martial arts are real wushu forms and the characters were very complex for a Nickelodeon show. Good versus evil at its finest. This show transcends ages and sterotypes for what an animated show can be. What the simpsons and southpark did for comedy, Avatar has done for the action adventure genre.

Some will say the show was too short or ended before its time, but I say bravo to the creators for knowing that Avatar acomplished its goals and leaving a few unaswered questions will have us fans speculating for years to come.

I only hope the live action movie will stay true to the show and live up to the hype. Good luck Mr Shyamalan
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender > Greatest animated show of all time!

This show is too fantastic it's going to be hard for me to explain!WOW,WOW,WOW!!!Where has it been hiding for all this time?This show has so many emotions connected to it.It could make you cry, feel guilty, be happy, laugh, jump in the air and also make you wet your pants(just joking)not that last one!I rate this show a perfect ten.It has no flaws. Bless those people who created it!Sometimes I wish I was in the show!This show has such twists to it!I love it!Now at season three it is at its peak!It is so good!I hope this show never ends and goes on forever!Go Avatar the Last Airbender!!!!!!!!!
  • Great cartoon. Hope to see it come back again.

I began watching the show recently with my son and I have to say the storyline is fantastic. Both me and my little boy try to watch it everytime it comes on. The cartoon is very imaginative and all of the characters are very likable. On the series finale we were very pleased how it ended but was somewhat disappointed that the series had ended. Though we have some hope there may be a chance that a season four would come out. Again, this cartoon is great, very fun to watch and I hope comes back, or a new series with similar to same characters and story line.
  • I absolutely loved the whole avatar series and was hooked the first time I watched it. If no one continues the series I think I might cry. Absolutely Addicted!!!

I absolutely loved the whole avatar series and was hooked the first time I watched it. If no one continues the series I think I might cry. Absolutely Addicted!!! I think this is a great show for all ages and there should be more shows out there like it. Please regard my praise seriously because I love the show! Aang and all his friends are an inspiration and I almost wish I had bending powers too. The actors, ideas, and illustration for this show was great. Thanks for you interest in my words of gratitude. With much thanks, Elizabeth Bills
  • ORIGINAL!!!!!!!

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen! The plot is great, unique and original. The animation is awsome, the creators and the rest of the crew really did a very good job. It's a story about a 12 (or 112) year old boy whose destiny is defeat the Fire Lord and master all four elements.This show is eveything a good show needs to be: Funny, original, "diffrent", good story line, good animation, action scenes, tear jerker episodes, and you can only realize all these things when it ends...
    Im really gonna miss this show.
    GO AVATAR !! !! =D
  • one of the reasons to watch tv

one of the reasons to watch tv,and it is a good cartoon and movie about martial arts and other things, and should keep on airing. Why does this thing have to be one hundred words long? I can not think of any thing else too write! I am going to keep on repeating that thats thats thats thats thats thats
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender is an American animated anime about a 12 year old boy that must save the world from the evil Fire Nation.

In season one, Aang Katara and Sokka must journey to the North Pole, but on the way they battle the struggling Prince Zuko who will stop at nothing to capture Aang, the avatar. Season Two is where Aang, Katara and Sokka must find an Earthbending teacher for Aang, and on the way they battle Princess Azula who also struggles vs. Prince Zuko to capture the Avatar. The turning point of the Series unleashes the true "Fury of Aang". For any Avatar fan that has only seen Season 1, Season 2 will surely keep you at the edge of your seats. Season 3 can be considered the "Filler" season, but from episodes 10 to 21 of Season 3, it is less "Fillerish". The kids must prepare for the invasion of the Fire Nation in "The Day of Black Sun." But will they win? Not only do they have Azula to worry about, but there is a new villan called Combustion Man. This is surely the BEST SHOW EVER!!!
  • Avatar: The Last Air Bender

This is the best animated show I have ever seen. There's lots of action, great fx, and a really awesome plot. The world is imbalanced and the Avatar has to save the world... but no one expects a 112 year old person who looks 12. This is outstanding... there are so many great characters put together and each has their own personality and talents. That's why it was/is and will be the best animated show ever. The best thing about this show is there aren't any fillers in the show. Its an American anime... I guess that's what you would call it. This show deserves a 10/10.
  • Avatar: the last airbender is totally awesome!! here's a summary.

it is about a 12 year old boy named aang, who finds out that he is the avatar.the avatar's duty is to master all four elements(water, air, earth, and fire) and protect the world. aang was an unsure and nervous to take on such a big resposibility, so he ran away and got himself trapped in an iceberg. 100 years past until 2 southern water tribe members katara and sokka find him. aang them learns of a war that was created by the fire nation. now he must learn all the 4 elements and save the world. with the help of katara and sokka. favorite show by far.
  • Best animated show since Tom and Jerry!

Oh My God! Just about the cutest show ever!!! The plot is unlike any thing else on tv and the charactors are adorkable! I started watching it in '05 when it first came on and I still love it!!!! Who wouldn't love a show with people fighting each other with elements! So amazing! I have always had a crush on Prince Zuko. I just think that he's adorable! And he does have a sweet side! I also like Suki and Sokka as a couple! It may be a total cliche, but I think its cute! So long Avatar Aang, you'll be deeply missed by all your fans!
  • Avatar the Last Airbender has an outstanding Story with Great imagination and Close up looks on the story.

Avatar seems like a SuperB show for Anime lvers to Wtach and Enjoy Until the Lasy episod of Avatar the las Airbender. Katara and Sokka Were the first ones to discover the Avatar which is Aang and his flying bison in a floating Iceberg. Katara and Sokka Recue Aang by wakening him with Sokka's (unknown) weapon. At First Aang was Uncoucious but regainig couciosness And Penguin Sleds With katara to a sunken fire nation ship in the middle of the south pole which is full of traps that can capture any one who goes in there. To be Continued!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha Ha
  • hello this is my summary on the greatest animation so ive have seen. the avatar was an original sounlike naruto you didn't have to make complicated hand signs are 50 clones of yourself or really ridicoulus shows like inuyasha i mean c'mon soul stealer.

I know the 4th book! look i was frustyrated when i found out that the avatar series would end but looki know the fourth book and i know where you can get it to just send me a mmessag asking for it okand ill give it to you but to tell you the truth i think sokka should have hade way more action time or atleast hi own little battle just for him i like sokka and zuko mor than anyone on thhe so but i was pleased with zuko's fight though.my secong favorite two characters are bumi and momo i like the way bumi stays calm and just goes on with life with no worries he has a most singular fighting style and momo is so cool he makes me want to buy me a lemur myself don't forget to contact me ok
  • Awesomesauce show!

This is a great show. I love how the show incorporates heart pounding action, while also incorporating other good show elements, such as romance, drama, adventure, thrills, mystery, and many other elements that make an awesomesauce show! With all of the utter crap on Nick, one show shines through the darkness to reveal something worth watching. Such shows as Spongebob Squarepants, The Mighty B, Back at the Barnyard, etc, have ruined the greatness that Nick was. Avatar is there to bring Nick back into good shows. But, Avatar has ended, and thus does not show anymore. I loved this show. I will never forget...Avatar...the best story ever told! :D
  • Absolutely fabulous show. Great plot, character development, animation and writing. Highly recommended for younger audiences, but has a lot of humor and insight that even adults can enjoy. If you enjoy cartoons or anime, you'll probably like Avatar.

I had heard very good things about Avatar, but I don't think I believed them until I started watching the series. From episode one, it had me hooked. I'm sure you can read a synopsis elsewhere, so I'll just jot down some quick thoughts.

The characters are each very unique and display both positive and negative personality traits which are developed in a way to make them easy to relate to. Their positive sides shine, showing those things that all of us should aspire to. The negative sides highlight what makes us all human and show us that though we all have some weaknesses, it is the acknowledgment of them and the will to overcome that make us strong. Themes of friendship, love, honor, and the search for who we are as a person are found throughout the series. Each episode tackles different issues and adds to the overall plot.

I highly recommend this show to all viewers and hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13