Avatar: The Last Airbender

Sozin's Comet (3): Into the Inferno

Aired Friday 6:30 PM Jul 19, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• The ultimate confrontations. This is what this show is about.

The battle has begun. Ozai has begun his assualt on the earth kingdom. However before he can advance Aang is standing in his path. So he confronts Aang and begins the showdown that has been anticipated since season 1. We quickly find out that Ozai is no joke. Meanwhile Zuko and Katara confront Azula and Zuko declares he is to become firelord. This leads to an Agni Kai between brother and sister. The music used for the Zuko/Azula fight was very well done. It gave a sense of desperation and gives you a sense of the fight being senseless violence. meanwhile Sokka is using his airship to destroy the others and stop the "rain of fire". Aang is meanwhile being thrashed and hope is beginning to dissipate. The fighting scenes where well done and were truly epic. With the final battles now underway we as viewers can only wait and watch for the outcomes.
  • Aang faces the Firelord. Zuko and Katara face Azula. Sokka, Suki, and Toph do the rest.

Amazing, spectacular, stupendous, exciting, absolute brilliance! There aren't enough words to compliment this episode. One of the best of the finale, one of the best of the series! It continues the ball rolling that the two episodes before it started, and keeps it going non-stop! The battles are tremendous and epic, the lines classic and superb, everything screams perfection. My favorite thing in this episode besides the on going fights between Aang and the Firelord and Zuko and Azula, is the slow decine of Azula, who takes the throne too seriously, that if it were alcohol, she would be drop dead drunk. We see her composure, her figure, everything slowly start to snap, but we hate her, so should we feel sorry for her? The other thing I love is Zuko. His head held high. His honor, out like a shield. I truly consider him now a hero. And last but not least, Sokka. Probably the funniest he'll ever be. What a fantastic episode, possibly the best of series, period. But don't worry, the last episode is just as good.
  • Aang has shown up to fight.

Okay so Azula is totally a spoiled brat and I hate her the most. What was a really big sacrifice in this episode was that when Azula was doing her lighting and she was aiming at Katara and Zuko stood in her way and protected her with his own body and that was a big sacrifice. Also Sokka and the gang are having some trouble with the firebending ships but Sokka saves them all with the help of Toph. Aang has shown up to find and he is really strong and has improved all his bending skills which totally rocks. 10 out of 10.
  • the best episode ever

sozins comet part 3 is the best episode for avatar the last airbender . the writer have this entire episode all action and fighting sequences which i totally like and best of all it seems that aang might actually get defeated by the firelord but my fav part is when zuko takes on azula.aang looks quite weak but surprisingly he manage to survive all the fireblast thrown at him by the firelord. and what else better is the lines chosen when aang is fighting with the firelord.katara waterbending skills were weak mainly because of the comet approaching.sokka and toph totally dont care of
  • this is my favourite episode out of the four episode finally and probably one of my favourites out of the whole series. it thought it was well written and put together perfectly. perfect climax to end the battle of battles!

one of the things that made it so good was how we got to see how each character was putting his/hers own input into the final battle which helped it gain a powerful climax. normaly when a battle occurs we only mainly see the action only between one or two members of the group and the enemy fully. however in this episode everyone had an important part to play no one was sort of just dallying around sort of helping out aang in the background or something, the creators had thought well about what each character was specifically going to do to fight and show us how important that roll was. it was so of good that sokka tophs and sukis role in this episode was one of my favourite parts and normally its sokka and sukki that are normally left out of major battle scenes as they are none benders so it was amazing to see them fight. also the music played a key role to make this episode all round perfectness! yay
  • My classification speaks for itself...

...and I continue by explaining waht it means and what did I mean by letting it speak for itself. :D
    In almost every serie there is something that keeps you wanting to see what will be further, but THIS one is one big ice jam, because every second is crucial (bad for those who want to go to the toilet during the serie) and the excitement is up to its highest point in this serie.
    Another thing what enchances this serie is the amaunt of action, fights, bending and its effects (now try to think that Zuko and Azulas fight was just a match flame!!). Allright, no more words...stay flamin'!!
  • This was a fantastic episode!

The thing that blew me away the most was the scene were the Ozai started burning everything and seeing Aang standing on the rock pillar waiting for him, so calm and cool. The only thing between him and destroying the world was this little boy. Great stuff!
    It was great seeing the old masters kick some butt. It didn't really bother me that Iroh had a new voice, I was just glad to see him. Azula falling apart was so unexpected and brilliantly written. It made her seem less like a two dimensional bad guy. Everyone was right where they should be. It all just came together so well. And the drawing was beautiful as well. The music was also great. I don't know which episode I liked the best, this one or the last one.
  • Part 3 of the Epic Series Finale

In Part 3 of Sozin's Comet Final Battle, Aang is waiting for the Fire Lord to come. Zuko and Katara are off to stop Azula from becoming the new Fire Lord. Sokka, Suki, and Toph are trying to stop the war ships before the burn the whole earth kingdom to the ground.

Sokka, Suki, and Toph get control of one of the ships and then they try to take down the others ships. Zuko and Katara find Azula, but Azula is going crazy bad and looks like a wreck. Then they start to fight, and they fight for a long time. The fire lord comes and see Aang gets jumps off the ship and starts coming for aang. aang gets ready for the epic fight. Meanwhile Zuko continues to fight Azula, when Azula is about to strike lightning at him, she strikes it at Katara. but Zuko goes in front of it and get shot by it.

Then Katara finds water and traps azula in a bubble and chains her down so she can't get up. Aang is losing in the fight and doesn't look like he can win. Sokka and the others are taking down some of the ships, but it's taking to long.

Overall, this is another great episode and is shocking how everything went down. Also, i loved how azula went all crazy and stuff, that was priceless.
  • Aang gets ready for the final showdown with the Firelord.

Talk about an intense episode! Of all episodes, I would have to say this is one of the most suspenseful (XD) It was probably the great music. This episode had extraordinary music! During this episode, Azula is getting ready to be crowned Firelord. During her preparations, she starts losing her mind. She becomes very paranoid, and banishes anyone for any reason. She banised a servant for leaving the pits in cherries, the earthbending fighters for being 5 minutes late, and an elderly woman for saying something 'cruel.' Sokka, Toph, and Suki meet the Firenation fleet in the air and pioneer one of the ships. Toph defeats the captains by metal bending the door and using it as a suit. They use their ship to crash the other ones and destroy them before they reach the Earth Kingdom. At the head of the fleet is Ozi. Aang uses bending to destroy his ship; forcing Ozi to jump off and join Aang on the mountains. Meanwhile, the White Lotus are taking back Ba Sing Seh. They have no difficulty, so I won't waste time talking about them (XD) Zuko and Katara arrive at the Firenation in time to see Azula about to be crowned Firelord. Zuko and her fight for the crown. All was going well until Azula tried to electrocute Katara. Zuko saw it coming, so he jumped out in front of Katara and saved her. Back to Sokka and the gang. They have trouble destroying the fleet. Suki got separated from Sokka and Toph when their ship was destroyed. Aang fights the Firelord on the rocks. He was doing great! The fighting was amazing! I've never seen anything like it before! But then Ozi shot lighting at Aang and things went downhill. Aang struggled with the lighting at first, but then he got it under control. He had a chance to kill Ozi, but he deflected the lighting towards the sky instead. The episode leaves us on a cliffhanger with Aang trapped in a ball of rock and Ozi shooting flame at him.
  • *Picks up jaw* Wow, is all I can say

This is...wow. We are only halfway through the ending and it has been a candy fest full of great aesthetic and production values, awesome choreographed fights, some emotional moments, and of course although there was little said in the entire episode, it still managed to offer some humour and character development. What really stood out was Azula's transformation from a composed soldier to a confused ruler. This idea seemed a little bit rushed but the execution for it was still very good. The fights though, wow, some of the best so far bar none. The power levels is reaching Dragonball Z levels, but the creativity takes itself up a notch as well, and what we get is a true battle of the titans. Not only the one between Ozai and Aang, but also Azula and Zuko, as well as the Fire Nation versus the White Lotus group.
  • Sozin's Comet (3): Into the Inferno

Sozin's Comet (3): Into the Inferno was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Avatar The Last Airbender. I really enjoyed watching this episode because it was full of action as the Gang embark upon their missions. Ozai is at the head of his air ship fleet ready to burn the world, as Sokka, Toph, and Suki try to destroy the ships, and Katara and Zuko try to preven Azula from becoming crowned the new Fire Lord. I thought it was cool how Aang was on a Lion Turtle and it gave him wisdom and then he set out and encountered the Phoenix King Ozai. I enjoyed their battle scenes and I look forward to the final episode of Avatar The Last Airbender!!!!!!!
  • Part 3 of 4. The best of the 4 episodes in the finale.

"Sozin's Comet Part 3: Into the Inferno" was an episode of one of the greatest shows ever on television, "Avatar: The Last Airbender" that just happened to be one of the last, and part of the 2 hour 4 episodes that aired on the last day of the week of premiere episodes leading up to the movie and finale, "Sozin's Comet" and I'll say it was the best episode of the four. I was going to say part 4 was the best, but it was just everything rapping up, nothing really special. This episode had all kinds of awesome action. BEST EVER! 10/10
  • -definitely one of the best episodes of all-

nothing could beat the most outstanding episode of all. the plot is awsome, the theme is revealing, and the characters finally release their fury on the fire nation! nickelodeon should really allow another season.Into the infreno has been one of the most thrill-full and action packed episode of all time.My favorite part is when zuko finally confronts azula and when aang finally gets ready for the fight of his life. The writers have really outdone themselves on this episode. Since zuko is my favorite character i can say the writers have really done well with figuring out what his real destiny was: taking over the throne (the hard way).
  • Exciting.Revealing.Shocking.It's Part 3 of Sozin's Comet.

Part 3 of Sozin's Comet, Into the Inferno, was very shocking, dramatic, and adventurous. It's exactly why i have been watching this series since the beginning. The gang seperates after meeting with the White Lotus; Katara and Zuko go to confront Azula; Sokka, Toph, and Suki go to cleverly stop the fleet; while Aang gets ready,after meeting the Lion turtle, to confront the firelord and end the Fire Nation's war of power. This episode was very intense because as friends, they had to seperate, and leave each other, to help put theirselves in the war, and end it. Very Intense. Dramatic. Fighting scenes were also very artistic.
  • everyone goes to do what they must to save the earth kingdom from being destroyed by the fire nation.

as said the the summary, katara and zuko go to the fire nation capital to stop azula from becoming firelord. toph, sokka, and suki have to stop the airships from proceeding their mission. aang needs to go and kill the firelord. the order of the white lotus have to take back ba sing se in the name of the earth kingdom. toph, sokka, and suki take over one airship and need a plan to stop the rest of the airships from attacking the earth kingdom. zuko and azula have the ultimate agni kai. and the firelord goes against the avatar. . .
  • Amazing.

This – episode – was – awesome. – I - can't – wait – for – the - next- one. The – episode – was – very – very – very – well – thought – out. I – love – how – they – do - things. The – humor – is – also – one – of – the – best – parts – of – this – episode – and – the – whole - series. I – definitely – am – gonna – watch – the – next - one. This – was – a - thriller. So - overall, - amazing.
  • INTENSE!

The musical scores and the fighting have pretty much made me love this episode. But not as much as the first two parts.

Azula has begun her descent into madness. She's dropping the banhammer left and right. She is trusting of no one. Zuko and Katara set off to fight her. But she only challenges Zuko. Because of his stupidity and baiting her (guess he hasn't changed too much) she launches lightning. At Katara.

Zuko dives in the way.

While the comet arrives. Aang is waiting for Ozai where Giant LionTurtle Island left him. Ozai arrives. And apparently everyone is ripped in the Fire Nation. Ozai is seeming to get the upper hand. With his super comet powers. Aang at first offers to resolve things without fighting. Doesn't work. Who thought it would? Apparently Aang.

Sokka, Suki, and Toph take out the air ships. A lot of things going on, rather hard to follow in the first sitting. But very actiony, very intense.
  • It was a decent ending though I have to say the end of book 1 & 2 where better... .. .

~First this is a review of the ending as a whole meaning will be addressing things from all four episodes not just the very last one. Second this first review and is just on the fighting, to see the other second part go to the next episode.

~One last thing the score 9.5 is for the episode 20 itself and doesn't necessarily say that I think the the way the series ended overall should get such a score.

When it come to what was good, I have to say that the fight with the Avatar (Aang) and the Fire Lord (Ozai) was really good, and I also liked the short flashback fight of Bumi retaking his city (Omashu) back on th Day of Black Sun. Though were good fights that just had to be in there.

I also like the idea of the Order of the White Lotus showing up and freeing Ba Sing Se and the attack on the Fire Nation airship fleet and there were some good and interesting (in a good way) fights and moves, like Toph making a suit of armor out of the inters of the ship and then attacking.

BUT it seemed that when all the hype that the comet had about the fire benders being so powerful and pretty much being unstoppable it seemed like they still were pretty easily defeated by Toph in the battle, yes she's a "great" bender but still...

Also I didn't like that fact that three kids where able to take out the whole flee, I mean come on I know they have taken on quote impossible odds and won before but again are the fire bends extra powerful so should it been more like the Day of Black Sun where it was a large scale/group attack.

Sure one could argue that everyone else was busy with Ba Sing Se but that really doesn't make sense since it was people of the White Lotus that fight there and there is no evidence that Hakoda or any of the others are part of the group or where even at the city to help during the fight.

In addition it seemed that Zuko and Katara were able to enter the capital to easily, sure Azula got ride of much of here guards and there could have been fighting off screen but still it just looks like they just entered the scene/capital with no resistance, there should have been at least some.

But to be fare to the show it would have been hard to add an extra fight or series of fight to an already full episode/s and I have to say the actual fight with Azula considering she was kind-of off her rocker (if you understand the saying) was quite good and I enjoyed it a lot!

Overall when it came to the fighting during the actual day of the comet, it seemed like the one-on-one fighting with Azula and Ozai where great, but the others seem to not give the fire benders not enough credit and just seemed like they weren't as powerful as one would have expected them to be.