Avatar: The Last Airbender

Sozin's Comet (4): Avatar Aang

Aired Friday 6:30 PM Jul 19, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• A perfect ending to a near perfect show!

the three part finale is such a wonderful way to finish one of the greatest shows (of any kind) ever made!

• A good ending!

It was a good ending to the series
  • Awesome

I don't really like anime but I lilove this one
  • Master of the Universe

"Never Surrender, Never Say Die"

Stan Bush

This is not just my favorate episode/arc in the series but it's one of my favorate finales. Most TV finales tend to disapoint me but this is one of those rare ones that didn't because it delivers all of the goods.

I really like the fight betweeen Katara and Azula. I'll admit I didn't feel sympathy for what happened with Azula in the end, you play the game of evil you pay the concequences. Azula needed to go down because things with her were getting out of hand.

Same goes with the main bad guy, I never liked him he was just a bad guy you plain hated. That fight with both Aang and him to me is one of my favorate fights, it almost reminds me of the fights you would see on "Dragon Ball Z" but personally I think the one here is better because there seems to be more technicque, tactics, and stratagy involved where the ones on "Dragon Ball Z" I always felt relied on just power.

And of course I did like the decision Aang made, even though Aang could of killed him right then and there. In a way I feel he's cursed the main bad guy for all eternity.

What happens to all the characters at the end just gave me a good feeling inside and I don't get that often. Not just is Prince Zuko king but his girlfriend Aya is out, hey what's a king without a queen. Saki of course has Suki. But the best thing of all was seeing both Aang and Katara become more than friends in the end when both pashionately kiss. Were there is a begining there must be an end.

Farwell Avatar.
  • Sozin's Comet (4): Avatar Aang

Sozin's Comet (4): Avatar Aang was a perfect series finale episode of Avatar The Last Airbender. I really enjoyed watching this episode as we see the outcome of everyone's battles. Katara reigns in Azula and finally binds her hands and captures her while Aang goes into the Avatar State and gives Phoenix King Ozai a run for his bending! There were lots of awesome action scenes and I thought what Aang did to Ozai was perfect justice. I thought it was cool how everyone came together in the end as Zuko was crowned the new Fire Lord, Tai Lee joins the Kyoshi Warriors, and Katara shows Aang her true feelings. This episode wrapped up all the minor stories as well as major ones in a great and viewer appreciated manner. I only wish there were more episodes to watch!!!!!!!
  • all the battles conclude, and the war is finally over.

azula uses her lightning to attack katara but zuko took the attack and nearly killed him. now katara goes in to battle azula. azula goes freakin insane too. toph, sokka, and suki think up of a plan and successfully take down all the airships. but suki gets separated from the two and toph was about to fall until sokka saved her. its a long story sokka lost his sword and boomerang. aang defeats firelord ozai but doesnt kill him. instead, he takes away his bending. katara defeats azula and when she is chained up she completely loses it. now the war is over and everyone is at peace. also, zuko is the firelord!
  • The best finale for a show ever!

This legendary show at long last wraps itself up with the greatest conclusion that will leave you in tears (hyperbole) not because the show is over but because the ending was so perfect. And I think the show deserved a happy ending with no catches because "Avatar" isn't one of those dumb overrated action shows that you'd find on channels such as Cartoon Network. Avatar is a show meant to appeal to all audiences. I also like the message this episode was trying to give: violence (killing people) is never the best solution. You'd expect Avatar to do the usual and finish off the Fire Lord, but this isn't that kind of show that takes violence to the extreme. I haven't seen every episode of Avatar but I've been a casual viewer so I understood the gyst of what's going on. But this is what made me fall in love with the show. Everyone is at peace. Aang and Zuko, who used to be complete enemies, are now best friends. All in all, I think this show sends a good message to its younger audience and has a plotline so brilliant, you'd wonder how the human's brain is capable of writing so much. I have no choice but to rate it 10.0
  • "After 3 years, the finale is finally (and sadly) here." 100 years of strife brought on by the Fire Nation has finally been put to rest, as a new era of "love & peace" begins reigning over the lands.

After two years, I'm still captivated by the ending. Truthfully, I wish more we had more time with the GAang. (I know a miniseries for the nest Avatar is in the works; but that's how much of an Avatard I am. It's addictive.) I ca-can't even describe how MUCH I'll miss the characters> (Aang: your determination to stay true to your beliefs is admirable. Zuko, watching you redeem yourself and make amends with your Uncle really hit me here [pats chest]. Katara: all the female characters I've read in Shonen manga could learn a lot from you [Aang, you lucky devil]. Toph: you DEFINE cool. Sokka: I will absolutely MISS your Sokk-asm!) I could go on, but I think everyone gets the idea. Here, here to 2011 and a brand new series - hope it works out to be MORE than 12 episodes.
  • The Perfect Avatar Movie.

The choreography, and the direction of each and every action sequence was perfect to say the least. With the opening beach party battle between Aang and Zuko you could feel the tension in the air and got a little taste for things to come. Toph's Iron Man battle suit was perfect, and that whole sequence was brilliantly written. Between Toph, Sokka, and Suki I didn't know who was more exciting to watch; I was literally cheering during the whole fight. When the inter-cuts with the Ba Sing Se took over, Zuko/Azula, and Aang's battle with the newly named Phoenix Lord Ozai I hardly could take it! Every beat timed perfectly, each time we cut between a battle we were thrust right into the middle of something incredible. Hands down two of the greatest battles I've ever seen -- animated or not -- were Zuko's battle with his sister, and Aang's with Ozai. They were both equally mind shattering. There is a certain beauty in violence in Zuko's battle, accompanied with a brilliant score. Watching the siblings duke it out was one of the most moving and visually stunning sights I have ever seen. If you taped or TiVo'd it, go back and really pay attention to the score during this battle, you can literally close your eyes and see what is happening just by listening. That is magic in-and-of-itself. The slow motion flows with the music as the action sounds are muted down as the two put on a display of Firebending unlike any I have ever seen. Azula's insanity mixed with her crazy blue fire, against Zuko's newfound confidence, it was a symphony of fire to rock the ages.

Watching Aang and Ozai fight was the very definition of Yin and Yang, Davey and Goliath, the young Airbender versus the all-powerful Phoenix Lord. Besides the obvious, a testament to Aang's character was that he really did give him a chance to do it without fighting, and in the end even redirected Ozai's lightning strike. Aang is pure of heart, and I am most definitely contradicting myself, but in a world filled with scumbags and untrustworthy people, at the end of the day it is great to see someone on screen as pure and genuinely kind as Aang. I don't know if it comes from a naive youth mentality, or if he is inherently a nice person, but the final character decision for Aang was the right one by the writers. Now on to the obvious -- OMFG, Elemental Avatar Aang was un-goddamn-real! From him going into the A-State to the ensuing battle and onto the taking of Ozai's bending ability I was on the edge of my couch throughout the wild ride. That's writing, that's action, and that's Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aang's journey was an incredible one from a young unfocused boy to a powerful young man; Aang has been through it all. With the help of some friends, and some great storytelling, Avatar is sure to go down in history as one of the greats. Let's just hope M. Night doesn't screw up the franchise with his upcoming live action feature, Airbender (yes, it has a name change thanks to James Cameron's CG film Avatar).
  • The end was poorly realized and naive. And: This is a poor summary of my full review. It's fairly scathing.

I enjoyed this show through most of the episodes. It had its quirky moments and its more serious moments and they balanced out nicely. But while the ending was a great idea, it was poorly setup as a few other reviewers have mentioned. Spoilers ahead.

Throughout the 3 seasons, all of the characters learn and develop strong bonds with each other. Then we get to the final few episodes and everything is building toward a climax. The result? The Fire Lord is defeated by a coincidence of fate and a technique Aang learned mere hours (hard to judge) prior to the battle. Honestly, it's poor quality but I didn't hate it. None of this is why I gave this episode a so-so score. The biggest issue with this episode (and the end of the whole series) is how incredibly naive everyone is. Aang is forced to make a difficult choice: to kill or not to kill. Why should he care about one more person? Team Avatar have killed plenty of people in the past episodes. No, the show doesn't show it, but if you take many of the scenes even a few minutes past what the viewer sees, you know. Sometimes it's blatantly obvious, but still not directly shown to the viewer. So here in the last few episodes, Aang decides to stop killing all the sudden and spare one of the most evil characters in their world? Sure you can blow it off as just a kids show. But that is exactly the problem. Kids watch this. I think that's enough on this topic. And here are the worst 2 points, both specific to this episode. First: Katara could have defeated both the Fire Lord and Azula by herself with 2 different techniques. She very easily defeats Azula using the first technique, freezing Azula in place and simply tying her up. If it worked on Azula, there is no reason it wouldn't have worked on the Fire Lord. If that for some inconceivable reason failed her she could have simply blood-bended the Fire Lord, Aang could have stripped him of his powers without fighting (ironically a non-violent solution compared to the actual ending), and then flown back to Fire Nation homeland and blood-bended Azula, quickly and efficiently ending everything. Too easy? Well they wrote it into the show. Second: An entire 3 seasons of training and Aang wins because of a pointy rock? I laughed so hard as I saw that. It's a good thing the Guru at the Air Temple lied to him and it actually was possible to finish opening his chakra gates months after leaving. That's some good luck. You may not agree, but you should understand the irritation. My last thoughts on the ending of the Series:

The choices made by the writers were humorous. Many episodes had amazingly well depicted battles and fight scenes. Violence is not the answer was a final plot point. Killing another person is wrong yet plenty died on all sides caused by all parties involved, it just wasn't shown. And finally, I am glad that after the Fire Lord was defeated, All War Across The World Ceased (not all caps because "That's like shouting"). If the people of the Fire Nation weren't thoughtless robots the show may never have ended...

The series until the last half-dozen episodes: 10/10. The Last half-dozen episodes: 5/10.
    Of all the endings they could have chosen, I didn't hate this one. I still can't say I enjoyed it. It just happened.
  • Guess I was expecting more?

After the previous episode set the bar high, it failed to take a step higher and actually took several steps down. The fights weren't as exciting, but it would have been difficult to top the previous episode. That really wasn't the problem; it just seemed like it had to bs a lot of things in order to find a conclusion. Sokka taking out an entire Fire Nation fleet just doesn't seem that believable, and I was expecting more of a battle between Avatar Aang and Firelord Ozai, but nope. As soon as Aang turned into his Avatar state, the tables turned into his favour. Azula and Zuko's fight also ended pretty sourly. Still a good episode because it concludes one of the best cartoons ever, the ending could have been better.
  • Avatar:The Last Airbender

Phenomenal movie.The Suki/Toph/Sokka part was well done.Sokka losing Boomerang And Space Sword was truly heartbreaking,expecially him losing boomerang,because boomerang was there from day 1. :( .I really felt for Toph and Sokka when they thought they were gonna die,that was so emotional.
    Suki saving them was great also.On a side note,i loved metal monster Toph! The return of June the bounty hunter was a nice nod to seaosn 1.Aang going missing and everyone looking for him and momo was funny,expecially when Sokka thought Appa ate Momo!Zuko and Katara battleing Azula was fun to watch,i was glad Zuko is not afraid of her *** anymore.The beending portrayed was excellent and i was shocked when Azula used her lightning and tried to shoot it at Katara,but Zuko took the blow for her.Katara's waterbending was stronger than ever,even if she didnt use bloodbending.Azula going mad and cying was truly hearbreaking and sad,it was so depressing.I think the rehab they sent her to is the best thing for her.The Old Masters battleing in boss sing se was awesome!I loved it.Just by the expression on his face after he burned down the fire nation flag shows he looks at the fire nation with such disdain.Aang and Fire lord/Pheniox lords fight was excellent.Aang going into the Avatar State was brilliant and the bending was perfect throughout the whole fight.Aang using the Lion Turtle's Technique was amazing and dark,very freaky too.Well,in the end Aang took the fire lords bending power and balance is restored,avatar style!The BoomerAang Gang is at a state of peace and happiness as Zuko is firelord and Aang is the Avaatar.Katara and Aang share a sexy kiss and become a couple and the show ends.Goodbye.......

Avatar:The Last Airbender.
  • omg i love this episode its the best one im sorry but im new here can someone plz be my friend and show me i mean explain to me how this site works i love avatar even though im almost 14

omg i love this episode its the best one im sorry but im new here can someone plz be my friend and show me i mean explain to me how this site works i love avatar even though im almost 14.
    I watched this episode more then 6 times it was amazing and my sister told me to get over this cartoon and i just told her you wouldnt understand and shes like wat eva she is so annoying well i joyed this sight cause i knew there were people who love the show and i wanted talk and see waht they think or like the most about the show
  • Avatar:The Last Airbender

• Aang finally ends the firelord's reign, Zuko becomes firelord, all is right in the world.

Now, just to begin, let me point out that the entire episode is logically stupid. Of course, as a kids show, aang couldn't really kill the firelord. And the whole lion-turtle thing was just plain cheesy. It was pretty stupid, actually. I think if he just killed the firelord it would've been better but probably not possible. Also, they left the whereabouts of Zuko's mother as a cliffhanger, which sucked.

But then again, as almost every episode of avatar, logic doesn't really matter. Every scene is seamless, the music in the background was epic, the dialogue was captivating, the action was just plain exciting. When reruns of this come on TV, i'm still captivated till this day. This finale is astounding, and I will miss the characters very much.
  • Aang restores peace to the world, and gets the girl.

This episode was easily one of the single greatest avatar episodes of all time. The final battle between Aang and Ozai was phenomenal, and the energy bending managed to be a dues ex machina WHICH WORKED!!!! It suited aang's character and the themes of the show. the katara azula sequence was genuinely scary, and it was also tragic watching azula's fall. Ozai's fate was appropriate, and I love that aang and katara wound up together. the only flaw was that the speech zuko gave at the end was kind of cheesy. Other then that, it was a perfect ending to a great series.
  • The highly anticipated episode to the Avatar series is nothing short of cookie cutter and cliche.

I am a HUGE avatar fan, but I'm also a writer. And this episode was so cliche. In the last five minuetes everyones ones hopes and dreams come true. Zuko is firelord, everyone is getting along, the firelord is detroyed, everyones alive, nice & sickly happy. I know it's a kids show, but normally the episodes have alot more substance to them. Not to mention the giant lion turtle frog thing was a stretch and convinent plot device so they could wrap everything up with no effort. I was highly dissapointed. And none of the romantic relationships had any detph to them!Aang is creepily infatuated with katara still (not to mention that makes Katara a huge cougar) Zuko and Mei only remain a pair because they are both "gloomy" and other than that make a horrible pairing. I was expecting so much, but i felt like they took the easy way out.
  • An epic conclusion.

The fight between Aang and the Fire Lord reaches its end. Aang manages to get back into the avatar state after Fire Lord Ozai blasts him into a cliff. Amazingly, using power given to him by a island lion-turtle, Aang takes away Ozai's ability to firebend so he could never use his firebending ever again.

Meanwhile Sokka, Toph and Suki manage to escape from the falling airships and thwart the fire nation's attack on the Earth nation. Sokka loses his sword in the process.

Katara defeats Azula after freezing her in ice and chaining her to the ground as Zuko recovers from Azula's lightining strike.

The Order of the White Lotus, led by Jeong-Jeong, Iroh, King Bumi, and Pakku, takes back Ba Sing Se from the Fire Nation.

In the end, Zuko becomes the new fire lord and balance is restored to the world.

However, a few questions remain unanswered: What ever happened to Ursa (Zuko's mother)? What happened to Smellerbee and Longshot? and What is the fate of Azula? Hopefully in the future they will air an epilogue and answer some (or all) of these questions.
  • Greatest episode ever

I know it is cliche but this was the best episode ever.

I loved it all, the fighing especially between Aang and Ozai, as well as Zuko and Azula fights were just great. I loved the ending, the world is at peace, Ozai is in jail, and everyone is happy including Aang who finally got Katara, I knew he would. I only wish they let us know what happened to Azula, my guess is , it is better unseen for children. Thank you for a great series Michael and Bryan. Hope you do more Avatar stories. We have to see if Zuko finds his mother.
  • Aang Battle with The Firelord.

The Episode was just terrible. This made me lose my love of Avatar. I used to love Avatar, but this Episode was Predictable, and just showed some fighting scenes to make people focus on the animation alone rather than the story. I deeply hated season 3 and the finale, This wasn't good at all. Yeah, Of course Katara and Aang become a couple, a very strange on at that. Aang doesn't kill The Fire Lord. Though at least the Fire Lord didn't turn good and was left to rot in Jail. That was the only good part of the episode, and the only part that wasn't predictable. And what ever happened to Zuko's mother and why did Azula just go crazy, that was random and unneeded. This Episode wasn't the worst Avatar Episode but it's on the list. I rather watch Spongebob instead of this. Nickelodeon really messed this show up, told them tone down the violence and everything else the considered unpleasant. I might be the only one who thinks so. But nobody can make me change my mind. Adios,Vamp.
  • Aang's final battle with the firelord.

Back when I saw it, I was beyond disappointed.
    The heart was gone. Everything was neglected, characters motifs were hasty and the feeling went back to something like pokemon's team rocket just hastily thrown in the air to just force a good ending to say in an odd way lol.
    I didn't get convinced of maiko because Mai was still hardly there. Azula went insane, maybe a really brilliant idea at some points, but it was hasty and came pretty much because of lack of time out of nowhere.
    A holy world, that should be gigantic, once again gets travelled too much in one episode. Why I say that? In the previous seasons, the gaang took slowly to travel.....that was GOOD! Why? Because they don't go by jet. It's adventurous. To make the gaang travel that much last season was complete failure. Their world now seems small and boring. Stories that were so great and interesting got raped. The Bloodbending, and now even the White Lotus being a mere group of four seniles. Iroh got pretty much character killed in some ways because of lack of appearance. Bumi....ugh...I wish atleast that looney died. I never liked him.
    The lionturtle must've been the worse.....it pops up out of nowhere like a complete failure of a deus ex machina and tells aang something I COULDN'T Understand. It was MUMBLERAWRMUMBLE. That's what it was. I do understand it had something completely random like 'the force is within you'. Then aang taking away ozai's powers was also out of nowhere. These things should've taken time. It's unacceptable to just introduce something like this in the last few minutes. The creators thought that might've added excitement, but they must've been thinking on drugs or just COMPLETELY not bothered. It's not exciting, it takes credibility away. The heart was gone, while watching, I saw the bold guy and his blackhaired companion doing evil laughs together with spongebob saying something like 'Like we caaare! We only want money!'. The heart...WAS GONE!

And then maybe even worse than the lionturtle.....not ssolving the Ursa story....what was that? That whole thing is filled with PLOTHOLES. And Maiko....I'm still not convinced.
  • Tears in my eyes when it all finished...

This was the best ending for the best series ever!!! I loved it so much... it was so amazing! The battle between Aang and the Fire Lord... amazing, Zuko along with Katara against Azula, it couldn't have been any better! Far better than I imagined! The actual ending... with Katara and Aang's kiss... beautiful, and how everyone lived happily ever after! Yay! Lol! Aang took away the Fire Lords fire bending, so he can never hurt anyone ever again. Azula, I think gets put in jail with her father. And I also loved how Zuko came to his father and asked where his mother was! Lol, a really awesome episode I'll never forget!
  • I was looking for a classification that fits this episode, but I had to settle. Why isn't there an "Too Awesome for Words" option?Anyway, Sozin's Comet wasn't good. Not at all. It was EPIC. Heartbreakingly epic.

Sozin's Comet in all was a work of art. No, art is a crude term. Genius? Nope. Extravagant? Not it either. It's impossible to describe this magnitude of inspiration! I know I'm not overreacting when I say I'm glad I took a chance and decided to watch Avatar.

For the rest of that night, I was spasming with friends. I have never been that pumped.

This series finale was balanced in every aspect. It was just beautiful. Every second was important to the plot, it kept me so close to the edge of my seat that I fell off every once in a while. Who can come close to the greatness of Avatar? Who can even have the audacity?

The fighting scenes (especially with the track music) almost reduced me to a pile of smoldering ash. The way they put together Aang vs Ozai and Azula vs Zuko and Katara was amazing. Alternating between these two life changing events made the endless hiatuses fully worth it. And let's not forget Sokka, Suki, and Toph's numerous moments of glory. When Toph became 'Iron Man,' I was speechless for several minutes. Also, Suki proved that she wasn't there just to keep Sokka company. And Sokka's sacrifice of his weapons was heart-wrenching. I couldn't have wished for anything better.

When Zuko and Iroh reunited, I was close to tears. I don't know how they did it, but somehow they made this scene one of the most heartfelt scenes in the series. When Uncle Iroh hugged Zuko, we knew Zuko's redemption was complete. My heart soared.

I was thoroughly pleased when Aang didn't kill Ozai. It would have been out of character and unoriginal. Plus, for Ozai, having no power was a fate worse than death. It isn't about being immature. Aang held on to his values without belittling the needs of the world. If he had just caved and killed him, what message would be sent out to the kids? After one hundred years of violence, for a war to end violently is not getting anyone anywhere. For peace to come, peace needs to end the war. Iroh was spot-on, all that would have stemmed from him taking out Ozai would be more violence. So I'm glad there was an original way of dealing with the enemy. Also, there is a whole untapped world now. A world with lion turtles and spiritbending. This opens so many doors.

If I wasn't crying or spasming, I was laughing. The creators placed comedy in way that it wasn't too much or too little. Melon Lord, brushbending, airbending slice, firebending Suki, it was all hilarious. Avatar had not lost its charm at all.

Many people were displeased with the cliffhanger about Ursa. I wasn't. What fun is it without a little mystery? Plus, it leaves the perfect opportunity for amazing fanfictions. The perfect series had the perfect ending. While I'm glad Avatar had ended before going stale, I'll miss the thrill of seeing an episode for the first time. It's been a wonderful journey, but all good things must end sooner or later. And Avatar: The Last Airbender will live on in our hearts. Forever. Thank you Mike and Bryan. Thank you.
  • that...was....AMAZING!

This episode was the best of them all. My jaw was hanging open through the entire episode, and I'm sad to see it end. I had high expectations, and it exceeded them by 2,000,000. I wish we didn't have to stick with 10/10, because I give it a 2,000,000/10. This is when the spoilers start.

I'm glad Aang didn't kill Ozai, because he wouldn't have been Aang if he did. The humor was very refreshing, because it was mostly a very seriouse episode, and my heart rate was going dangerousely high. "APPA ATE MOMO!" was one of the best. I also loved the part where Sokka made a sand sculpture of Suki, and Aang and Toph tried not to laugh.
    "Suki, we'll understand if you break up with Sokka for this." made me LOLOLOLOLOL! And then, there's the romance. *sigh* You can never have to much romance. Oh the heck woth it. KATAANG WON! MWAHAHAHA!!! Sorry. But, Aang and Katara just belong together. This is how everything turned out.

Aang: Is a ful fledged Avatar, and he got the girl.

Katara: Is reunited with her father again, is friends with Zuko, and is now Aangs girlfriend/fiance (depending on how you look at it).

Sokka: Is with Suki, and he lost his bumerang and his sword to save Toph.

Zuko: Is Fire Lord, is with Mai, and is working to restore peace and balance to the world.

Toph: Is...I'm not quite sure what happens to her, but I know it's good!

Iroh: Owns his Tea shop again, and is the leader of the White Lotus.

Mai: Is out of jail, and with Zuko.

Ty Lee: Has joined the Kyoshi Warriors!

Azula: Has gone off the deap end.

Ozai: Is in prison where he belongs. He has no Firebending, no respect, and no title. Just like he deserves.

I'm going to miss Avatar, but this was the best way for it to end. Aang and Katara are together, Ozai is defeated. All is right with the world. So, goodbye

Avatar: The Last Airbender.
  • Most of it was good, but the ending sucked badly. ((spoilers))

Most of it was good, until the 'aftermath,' I suppose one would call it. I mean, 'cmon, we all hate seeing Zuko and Katara not together, right? All the clues were there that they would be together in the end; like when Zuko saved her from getting killed by Azula, and she saved him from death, or when they were imprisioned together and they were having the sentimental moment. Once Zuko joined the group, and when he helped Katara find the man that killed her mother, and she started trusting him again, they were always together and supported one another. But in the end, you CAN'T tell me Aang and Katara and Mai and Zuko DESERVE to be together, because they don't. Sure Mai loved him since they were kids, but, as far as we know, he did NOT love her back. He only started liking her after he returned after the 'death' of Aang and THAT is not love.

All in all, it was an okay episode until the very end where the episode went down a STEEP hill. And what's with the cliff hanger at the end with Zuko asking about his mother? I guess we'll never know, huh? I think that's not a very good way to end the series, and I don't think it should be the end. I think Katara and Zuko deserve each other, and Zuko deserves to know what REALLY happened to his mother (as we do, as well of course!) I'm not glad the series is over, and, personally, if I knew it was going to end like that, I never would have watched it in the first place.
  • Outstanding Series!!

Wow, this episode was very well made! It was an outstanding end to an otherwise amazing series. It shows that everyone (not just Aang) could fulfill their destinies. Zuko, by defeating his sister and claiming his right to be Fire Lord; Katara by showing her true role as a master waterbender by finally bringing down Azula; Sokka, by not only using his wits but his strength as a warrior to defeat an entire fleet of airships; but losing his two most prized posessions (his sword and his boomerang) in the process; Toph, by adapting to the metal shell of the airship, and still being able to help bring them down; and Suki, she not only has already proven herself a warrior, but was willing to sacrifice herself so Sokka and Toph could finish the mission.

What I also liked (and it may sound weird) about this episode, was that it was never revealed what happened to Zuko's mother. It opens up the story to much speculation, as to if he finds her.
  • An unsatisfying ending to a great show.

Okay, let the flames begin!

I'm sorry that I have to say this all you huge Avatards out there, but this ending really fell flat. No, I'm not just hating on the episode because Kataang happened and I am a proud Zutarian. I excepted the fact that Kataang would happen quite a while ago, despite how gross it is.

No, but the ending fell flat. I waited to see the final battle for two years. After they offed Zhao in the brilliantly epic "Siege of the North", the second I saw Azula, I knew that they had to kill her off, and I waited for two years. But the waiting didn't pay off. I don't care what everyone says about how Ozai and Azula's fates were worse than death, I was not satisfied.

Now for the positive things: the Zuko/Iroh reunion was beautiful, as was the music during the Zuko and Azula battle. Also, there were some very humorous lines.

You can say that I don't know good storytelling, but that just isn't the truth. When this boils down, all it is is an Avatar fan who was left disappointed.
  • Avatar:The Last Airbender

Avatar:The Last Airbender ended perfectly.everything was great......from the fights,to the emotion,and heart.The battle between Katara/Zuko vs Azula was splendid and i liked how zuko risked his life for
    Katara and that she thanked him at the end.When Katara fought Azula,i was amazed with the animation
    and the heart that was put into it and that Katara showed true skill in her fight with Azaula.When Azula had her little meltdown,i was really scared,no lie!I thought the Sokka/Toph/Suki vs the firebenders and the airships...was.....well really emotional and heartfilled.I thought the Toph vs Soldiers thing was really trully amazing and excellent and had me on the edge of my seat!I really really liked Toph The Metal Monster!!!!The shipslice scene was amazingly done and i really liked how Sokkagave up everything that made him a man over the course of the series(his boomerang,his club,and even his space sword)all to save him and toph.The scene with sokka and toph crieng was beuatifull and how suki saved them:(!.The white lotus club fight scene was amazingly done too!Now to the Aang/pheniox lord battle and the ending.I thought it was amazingly done and was the best fight scene in the movie.Aangs Surpreme Avatar State was nicely done,just exellent.The Spirit Bending was great also and creepy and scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The ending was wonderfull and exciting.The Aang And Katara Kiss was a wonderfull way to end the series and this Two Hour Long Movie was the perfect way too end the series.
    This is/was/will always be my favorite show!!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar:The Last Airbender
  • This final epissode blew me away.

Avatar: The Last Airbender has never let it's fans down yet, and this, the final episode of the siries, is no exception. As a matter of fact, this could be the best episode that they ever had. The final battle between Aang and the Fire Lord kept me at the edge of my seat, and the battle Price Zuko and Katara had with his psychotic sister Azura had me bitting my nails. This show may be hard act to follow, but it inspires me to urge Nickeloden to produce more action cartoons. I give both the series and the series finale a perfect 10.
  • Excellent

When I saw the final episode i couldn't beleive it, it was amazing, it was the best final for the best serie that i ever see.
    A serie that contain humor, action, love etc. was a perfect combination of various types of enmotions and feelings.
    I just want to congratulate to the avatar's directos, writesr etc. because even I'm not so young I tried to not loose any chapter along the complete serie.
    To finish this review, I have to say that "avatar" is one of those series that will trasend the tv history to be remember like a clasic cartoon serie.
< 1 2 3 4 5