Avatar: The Last Airbender

The Boiling Rock (2)

Aired Friday 6:30 PM Jul 16, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• It was good more or less.

This episode is worth watching and not that bad. The only complaint I can really think of his Zuko's statement "I'm never happy". The reason I gave this episode a low score was because it was an constant reminder of ther previous horrible episodes. But Zuko and Sokka's relationship was more belivable than Zuko and Aang's. The Warden character was the rehash of the other one in "Imprisoned". He seemed like an arrogant prick trying to be villanous. "Why are you looking at my shoes". The scene where Mai and Ty Lee betrayed Azula was also pretty good. One of the best I saw this season.
  • The Boiling Rock (2)

The Boiling Rock (2) was a perfect and entertaining episode of Avatar The Last Airbender. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there is a lot of character and plot development, action and intrigue, suspense and surprising turn of events. I thought this episode wrapped up the Boiling Rock story pretty well. It was cool how Azula interrupted the Warden and he yelled before realizing it was her. She commands fear, but as seen later there is a greater force. Sokka is now able to free his father, Sukki and a few others as well as Zuko. The last scenes on The Boiling Rock with Azula and Mai was cool and Tai Lee made an interesting choice. The last part where Sokka and others meet up with Aang was perfect!!!!!!!
  • Better than the first part!

Just like the first episode, this offers elements of various genres and executes well in each category to create an overall fulfilling watch! Prison Break, one of the best shows on television, captured viewers with its unique theme of breaking out of prison, and this episode does an absolutely great job of capturing but a taste of what that show offers! It gets better though with the actual escape. The fights with Azula, Zuko, etc. were also up to Avatar standard quality, which is saying a lot in a good way! What will also be interesting to look out for is the relationship between Zuko and May.
  • One of the best in the series.

Keep in mind I'm reviewing both parts as one. I like this episode because it does so many things right. The action is the only thing that could've been better (the Zuko/Sokka and Azula fight, specifically), but everything else was just so awesome and kept me interested from beginning to end.

There were just too many good moments, like Zuko and Sokka meeting Mai and Suki. The dialogue between them was nice, and it happens again when Sokka meets his father. Another thing I'd like to mention was the second escape plan, especially when Azula was brought into it. In the end, Sokka redeems himself in his own eyes, and you get two betrayals to top it all off.

There were tense moments as well. It becomes tense as soon as Sokka and Zuko dress up as guards, and continues from there with their own encounters in the prison. You get some character development for Sokka, who shows his intelligence in escaping the prison. You can see how much Zuko changed, too, offering encouragement to Sokka and helping him rescue the others.

Overall, this episode had some nice character development, great moments coupled with some humor, nice action and was tense. This is personally one of my favorite episodes in the Avatar series.
  • My personal favorite episode of the third season.

This episode blows my mind every single time I watch it. Not only do we have the return of Suki, Hakoda, Mai, Ty Lee, and Azula (lots of great characters), but also one of the best twists at the end. Suki's fighting is really showcased well when she goes after the warden and when she holds off Ty Lee (the only person to never be defeated before). Mai's story is also incredible and when she riles up Azula about loving Zuko more than fearing her, then Ty Lee also betrays Azula in the same instant it is the perfect moment to ever come out of an animated show, shown on Nick.
  • Part 2 is way better than 1.

"Boiling Rock Part 2" was part 2 of 2 in a special hour long episode of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" which aired during a week long premiere week of episodes leading up to the series finale "Sozin's Comet" called "Countdown to the Comet" and it was pretty good. I liked it better than part 1 of the special, but I really don't know why I feel that way. It must just be the mood I was in or something. I first watched it on the Avatar DVD when it came out, but then watched it again when it was on TV. Great episode 10/10
  • great action and a shocking surprise

Now with one escape plan gone, Sokka gets to come up with a new one. But at least he has help from Hakoda his father. Sokka decides to hold the prison's warden hostage while they escape on the Gondola system. But they get a visit from no other than Princess Azula. While they are escaping a fight breaks out on top of the Gondola. But with the guards cutting the lines, Azula has no choice but to flee. At the end of this episode we get some shocking surprises and an epic loss for Princess Azula, but all in the name of friendship and love.
  • Part 2 gets even better!

In the 15th episode of avatar the last airbender, Zuko is found and now he is in imprisoned. Sokka finds his dad and they get a plan, Sokka tells Zuko and Suki. but they people they let escape are going to tell on them, but in the end they don't.

So now it's time for the plan, with help they start a prison riot. Now it's time for the plan. they have to get to the top tower. Suki gets there and take the warden and the rest come. They get on to the trolley and begin to leave. but then Azula and Ty Lee come and there starts a fight.

When they are fighting, they see the cables are being broken and they have not much time. but then Mai kicks the people trying to break the cables just to save Zuko. When they get there, Azula wants a fight, but right when she is about to attack, Ty Lee hits her and takes out her chi.

In the end, the others get back to the Western Air Temple and get all reunited. Azula get Mai and Ty Lee locked up. Overall, this is a really great episode that for sure has one great plot line for the series.
  • OMG. This episode was awesome.*SPOILERS

The Boiling Rock, Part 2, Chapter 15 of Book 3 : Fire, was so awesome. Part 1 was filled with suspense. Part was all adventurous and dramatic. After Sokka's plan failing, Hakoda has arrived. With their minds put together, they develop a plan to escape, to capture the Fire Nation Warden and escape using the gondola. While on the gondola, it is interupted by Azula and Ty Lee. Zuko, Sokka, and Suki try their best to holod them off. But the Warden shouts out to "cut the line!" Azula and Ty lee escape to an adjacent gondola, saying "Goodbye, Zuko." Though, the cutting is halted by Mai. Afterwards, Azula confronts Mai. The find ends before it even begins, with Ty Lee paralyzing Azula. The gang escapes using Azula'z war balloon. Overall, this Part 2 of Boiling rock was so awesome. Lots of drama and action. And facing your fears... Go Mai and Ty Lee!
  • Includes review for Part I and II.

Part I; Off to the Boiling Rock
    This didn't have much of Aang. Not much of Katara. Not much of Toph. And not much of Momo or Appa. This was mostly just, Sokka and Zuko. It was so cool, to see an episode with Sokka and Zuko finally teaming up. And it's weird, still. Like Sokka really did hate Zuko in "The Western Air Temple", but two episodes later, they go on a quest to find Sokka's father! Amazing.

Part II; Escape from the Boiling Rock
    It was poor to see their plan fail. It would have been such a great plan, but I guess it would get too sweaty. Deciding whether or not to stay, was a good choice for Sokka. Still also poor to see, the guy making a lie to get Sokka out of trouble... when Zuko's ex-girlfriend tries to change the lie. But Mai was funny.

Guards: What are you doing?
    Mai: Saving the guy, who dumped me.
  • better than part 1

The Boiling Rock (2)
    In this episode after the plan fails Sokka finds his father. Zuko meets May while Zuko sister is in the jail. Sokka and his father plan to escape by the cable car the transport people into the jail. They start a riot in the yard Zuko locks may into a cell. And sokka zuko suko sokkas father and some guy escape. But Zuko's sister and her friend are on the trial and come and attack the cable car. Zuko and his sister and Suko vs the friend. The guards start chopping down the cable but may stops them and says she loves Zuko more then she fears the sister. In the friends are taken away and the people escape. I liked this part better more action and more excitment.
  • Aang ain't got nothing on those girls.

Loved the girl power in this episode. Now is it Suki or Spiderman because that girl was scaling walls, then you have Mai who is just the prettiest thing I've ever seen and gots skill to boot. Then Azula though and mean, words I'm very familiar with, "I'm a people person" that's my quote of the day. Poor Ty Lee, but why would you attack a princess in front of one hundred guards not so bright is she but what she lacks in brains she makes up in skill, I would have loved to see Katara and Toph get involved but I'll take what I get.
  • Just as good as part 1.

This ep i thought was amazing as well cause it was a continue of The Boiling Rock. This is (combine with part 1) my 2nd favorite ep of the series! The fact that Zuko, Sokka, Suki, and Hakoda along with Chit Sang escaped the inescapable prison was gnarly lol. There was the Father Son moment which was really cool. There was the drama of teenagers dating and breaking up(as in Zuko and Mai). There was the amazing escape seen that was totally worth it lol. I thought Hakoda and Sokka planing an escape plan was a brilliant idea cause they are both very smart people (of course they are no General Iroh lol)and they both have somewhat the same sense of humor. Zuko being confronted by Mai was funny. We got to hear what Zuko wrote in the letter he left Mai in (ether The Invasion or The Eclipse Zuko wrote i don't remember). It showed that Zuko still does love Mai and that Mai still loves Zuko. i thought that was cute cause in reality when teens breakup they normally still like one another. During the escape it was funny how Hakoda pushes that 1 dude an he is like all tough but is learning to control his anger it was very funny (i thought)then is asked if he could make a Riot, Chit Sang then just picks up a random guy and says "Hey Riot" i started laughing then the guy Hakoda pushed forgets his anger controlling and starts fighting. I thought it was funny when Suki got up to the warden cause it shows that she is really good at acrobatics lol. Then When Azula and Ty Lee fight Suki, Zuko, and Sokka, i thought it was cool. It showed that Suki s a skilled fighter even without her normal fighting equipment. It showed that Sokka is really good with his Sword, and it showed that Zuko's Firebending seems stronger then before (this is probably because he use to get his firebending form anger and now knows the real source of firebending). You can tell that he got stronger cause he was able to hold up a fight against Azula. After the fight i thought it was funny that Ty Lee turns on Azula and helps Mai lol i thought it was funny cause both Azula's closest friends betrade her. And when Sokka, Zuko, Suki, Hakoda, and Chit Sang got to the exit Hakoda says to the Warden your record is officially broken. But i didn't think that the warden ever said there was a record around Hakoda. at the end of this episode they go to The Western Air Temple and Katara is extremely happy to see her dad i thought that was sweet (lol). Suki seems to join the group for a little while i think) and i thought it was funny that Chit Sang says something like " Hey everybody i'm new" and he is completely ignored i thought that was funny. Then Toph says "Seriously, you guys didn't get any meat?" cause in the letter Zuko and Sokka left they said they were getting meat. But they got human meat but that doesn't count lol. This was and Awesome episode and i am exited to see the next episode The Southern Raiders!
  • Zuko and Sokka travel to the Fire Nation to find Sokka's Dad. They end up freeing Suki and a few other prisoners as well.

Awesome episode. Sokka is a nut. I love this show. I like the fact that I can watch it with my kids and the story actually says something. I like how Zuko being good is really starting to pay off. This is an awesome episode. I loved every bit of it.

I hope Mai and Ty Lee are able to break free. I hope Zuko and Mai end up together. It made me tear. I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes. The episodes I have seen this past week made me finally want to truly sit and watch the entire story.
  • The Alcatraz Island of Avatar The Last Airbender Part 2

• sokka and zuko found suki and sokka's dad, now they need a plan to get out of there

i saw this episode again yesterday on july 17 2008. it was part of the countdown to the comet.i saw this epiosde a couple of months ago i think april...? i like this 1 hour long episode better than any other 1 hour long episode even day of black sun! its weird how azula showed up out of nowhere. sokka and hakoda think up off a plan and the plan is going good so far but azula tries to stop them. suki and ty lee fight while sokka and zuko go against azula. the group ends up getting away on azula's ship.
  • This episode is about Sokka and former enemy Zuko teaming together to try to save Sokka's father. However, once the find him, there are no means of escape. What will they do? Also, Azula is none to happy with her friends at the end of this episode.

This is a great episode like all the others that follow it. It has comedy, action, romance and betrayl; what other things do you need in a twenty minute episode. I was on my toes the whole time, except for when the advertisements came. The creators of Avatar have really outdone themselves. The great thing about this episode is that it starts out really slowly, and then bang! tons of action and bending with leads to a unbelievable finale. I know they didn't reveal any about the adventures of Iroh after prison and what aang and friends were doing in the meantime, but there was no time for that nonsense.
  • Adventouras episode.

There was alot of thinking in this episode how to come up with a plan to escape the prison the boiling rock. Too bad the others didn't come maybe it would be more easier. Mai and Ty Lee disobey princess Azula and she gets really mad and that is so unfair. They find a way to escape the island and get safely back and that is the good part about the episode. Sokka is still kept in the suit of armor and did keep it a secret and that was really cool about it and I really liked that alot. It was a great episode. 10 out of 10.
  • Sokka and Zuko travel to the Boiling Rock - a Fire Nation prison - with the hopes of rescuing Sokka's father.

This has got to be one of the best episodes of the entire series! I was wondering when Sokka would finally trust Zuko. I guess traveling to a prison and helping each other escape from it did the trick (XD) This episode had so many twists and turns in it. There was the first escape plan that went wrong, and then that guy is now their friend and has joined their gang. There was also the fact that the warden is Mai's uncle. I got shivers down my spine when Mai turned up and actually helped Zuko and the gang escape. The biggest shocker was when Ty Lee saved Mai by disarming Azula. Now that was one thing I never saw coming! I'm glad Sokka and Zuko were able to save Sokka's dad and Sokka's girlfriend. I always liked her - she was cool. Especially when she was jumping over the heads of the prisoners and guards to get to the warden. That was cool!
  • Never thought i see the day Ty Lee betray Azula. And Zuko and his EX still have some making up to do. I wonder if they're going to come back for her?

Real nice episode. To sum it all up the Episode was awesome. Sokka sees his father and battempts to brake him out with Zuko, Suki and another guy who he tried to let escape in the last episode. They then get caghut by princess Azula and Ty Lee. They fight for while, the jail tries to cut the wire. Azula and Ty Lee jumps off and make their way back down. Mai then beat the guards who are trying to cut the wire and kill Sokka and gang. Azula then tries to fight her and Ty Lee hits her and then they try to run. The guards come to Azulas aid and azula tells them to lock 'em up for iternity.

Meanwhile Sokka and gang gets away and make their way back to Aang and the gang. Katara is happy to see her father.

This Episode will leave you wanting more.
  • this episode will keep you wanting more

• another great installemnt and why i watch this show :D

So this episode is the second part of the boiling rock and in my opinon was a great episode to do after zuko is finally in the gaang and its also great to do during the end of the series since now is where the action really kicks in. sokka finally finds his dad, but now has to find a way off the island. so they come up with an escape plan.they will get on the gondola with the warden as a captive so they wont shoot them down or cut the lines, and then get off there. however, soon, azula and ty lee come. zuko has a special talk with mai that is EPIC!!!!a great way to finish off the specualting off what was in the letter and about what happened to her. there is a fight between ty lee and suki, and one between zuko and sokka versus azula. though that fight wasnt as hyped as i thought it would be. it felt weaker. but the suki and the ty lee one was awesome. want to know how it ends? watch IT!!!!!!
  • With Hakoda at the boiling rock, the time has come, to escape. But a few surprises emerge, including the arrival of ozai's angels.

This was probably one of my favorite episodes this season. Now that hakoda has arrived, it is time for our heroes to escape. But they encounter a few surprises. Mai, ty lee, and Azula herself, have come. After starting a prison riot, the gang take the warden (mai's uncle) captive on the gondalla so the guards will not cut the rope. Then the rematch between azula, sokka, and zuko, begins, including the rematch between suki, and ty lee. And with the help of mai, zuko and the others finally escape. Furious, Azula questions mai, but then, mai betrays azula, ready for battle. Then ty lee interupts and attacks azula. Ty lee, and mai, are now the "new" prisoners.
  • This has to be one of the most well thought out well plotted and most shocking episode of Avatar yet!

This has to be one of the most well thought out well plotted and most shocking episode of Avatar yet! The thing that kept me hanging on was Mai and Zuko's talk with each other. Mai showed great character development in this episode as well as Ty Lee. The betrayal of both of them towards Azula was totally unexpected especially for Ty Lee. I didn't expect it at all. Its an awesome story that will have you hanging on the every word, every move of the characters. Suki's return is also a pleasant thing. She showed some great Girl Power in this episode. All Avatar fans can not afford to miss this episode. The Boiling Rock is one of the most shocking, and greatest episodes yet. And if you want to see Sokka and Zuko getting along thats also another reason to watch ^_^.
  • Very good episode. Well worth the watch for any Avatar fan. Nick or some other network that is willing to do it should really do big things with this show and this 2 part episode shows you why.

It is truly ashame Nick barley airs it and the new episodes don't show in America until they are almost a year old. You can find them around the internet if you don't want to wait for them. And while this show is well worth the wait at the same time its to good to wait for :) especially when it is just a few Google searches away.
  • Possibly the best episode ever………

I was amazed how great this episode was even though it left out some of the main characters. Full of drama, it kept me on the edge of my seat. Great plot! Zuko has always been my favorite. I'm lovein the new Zuko. And now I'm a fan of Mai. My favorite line was "I love Zuko more then I fear you" I just hope we see her again before too long. Now we get to see more of Suki and Dakota. The show is doing a good job of being unpredictable. I can't wait until the next set comes out on dvd, I'll be buying it. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.................
  • This is why I hate Nick.

Best Episode Ever. That's all I gotsta say. I mean, the action's great, the romance's great, and the plot? Awesome!!!!!

I mean, this has to seal the deal for George, I mean come on, it's said and done, also it was a great Zuko and Sokka bonding episode. Suki, Omg, i don't know what to say, except she better have learned to train like that with the Kyoshi Warriors. I mean, Suki owned those Guards. Oh man, best Avatar episode yet. I can't wate for the series finale though. I saw the Season 3 Finale trailer, it looked like it was gonna be Awesome!!!
  • saw it comming, but WOW!

I wrote a speculation thread a while back about azula's control over tai lee and mae (bad at spelling...) in the thread i said that tai lee and mae will turn against azula and might turn her around. I knew that they would turn but seeing it play out in the episode was far better than i could have ever imagined!! I still think that azula, now friendless will make the right choice in the end OR die alone in her shame and loss of control and pride. In conclusion, move over seige of the north, i have a new favorite episode!!!
  • Welcome to the Boiling Rock part 2. Fasten your seat belts.

Hakoda has arrived at the prison, along with some unpleasant company. Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee are back. Mai confronts Zuko and they have a little spat. Mai can't understand why he would abandon her and her country and Zuko tries to explain. Meanwhile, Sokka and Hakoda are preparing a prison riot. Zuko quickly breaks out and Suki show's how kick butt she is and captures the warden with ease. With their hostage, they make a getaway. But Azula has other plans and the fight begins.

Zuko and Sokka take on Azula and Ty Lee faces off against Suki. Boy, what a fight. I've got to say, Zuko has finally reached Azula's level (whether you want to admit it or not). He fights her with complete ease and Sokka nearly stabs her! But as the train is getting cut off the line, Azula flies off.

Mai saves all their lives as she stops the guards from cutting the line. Azula is furious at her betrayal. Mai defies her, telling her she loves Zuko more than she fears her. Azula intends to kill her, but Ty Lee suddenly disables Azula in order to save her friend. Betrayed by her only friends, Azula coldly orders the guards to imprison them both.
  • Sokka, Zuko, Hadoka, Chit Sang, and Suki find their way out of the most well-guarded prison in the fire nation. They encounter problems, almost exposing their identity to the Warden.

This episode, along with the last one, are the most exciting episodes since season 2, "Crossroads of Destiny." Filled with suspense, this episode really brings up the show back on its feet. Striving to hide the gang's identity, the suspence builds as the episode go on. In the end, having escaped the most well-guarded prison in the fire nation, and attained a fire nation warship, the gang is now ready to battle against the firelord. Since Season 3 is the last season of Avatar, we should see the building up of Aang's army in the next few episodes.
    What really occurred to me is what Ty Lee and Mai did at the end of the episode. Their betrayal of their best friend Azula, showed that they fully realized the state of the fire nation and its unfairness to the other nations. Having lost her most trusted friends, Azula would now be the only problem for the gang to get to firelord Ozai.
< 1 2