Avatar: The Last Airbender

The Crossroads of Destiny

Aired Friday 6:30 PM Dec 01, 2006 on Nickelodeon

• Dark Destiny

This was a great season two finale which I felt was really dark because it's one of those rare time where the good guys actually lose.

Threre really isn't a whole lot to say. I'll admit seeing Zuko make the wrong choice was heartbreaking, you'd think at this point he would make the right choice, listen to his uncle (whom I personally felt was his real father and family not Ozai and Azula whom both treated him like dirt) and join the Avatar and his friends. From that one interaction scene with Katara it really felt like it was possible, when you think about it that was also part of why Zuko was unhappy he's never really had any friends.

But it doesn't turn out that way Zuko's misconceived desire overrides his beter judgement and he instead helps Azula and betrays his uncle. It was I'll admit heartsinking, this didn't make me dislike Zuko but feel disappointed in him, it really shows Zuko hasn't learned enough, and from the look he has at the end he will pay the penalty for his wrong choice.

I really like the fight at the end seeing both Aang and Katara fight together, both really do make a great team and further proves why they should hook up, times like this should say something to Katara. But anyway, it really looked like both could of won the battle when we see Katara is about to overpower Azula and beat her but unfortunately Zuko stepped in and tipped the balance. Then Aang was about to unleash his Avatar power which was his last resort solution to a dire situation though he does it to save the one he loves Katara; it seemed like Aang and Katara might have a chance at winning but unfortunately fate/destiny weren't smiling on them as Azula uses lighting on Aang to stop his process.

Aang is now injured badly and Azula now controls Ba Sing Se, it was a surreal moment because it's one of those things you never think would happen but it did. Azula and the Fire Nation have won this battle, but the war is far from over.
NICKTOON