The Legend of Korra

A Leaf in the Wind

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 14, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• A good lesson

I like the reflection around martial arts and sport, and that there's not only one path to master air. Korra followed her instinct and her conflict with Tensin is resolved in a better understanding of each other. Probably the only episode that is worst watching in this season.
  • Probending

I'm loving this more and more. The world of probending and the incorporation of the mechanical age and the electronics that come along with it were another great reminder of the different era we're in. It's a great look at how we would be using bending today, I think.

Korra seems more firebender than waterbender with how fiesty she is. It seems rather rude for her to demand training and then ignore it all or call Tenzen a terrible teacher (in front of his kids, no less). I sound old saying this, but I worry about what it teaches kids today watching this, because it's not okay to do things like that, even if you apologize later. It's something you can't take back, something you can't remove from the minds of children.

This was a good episode overall - the pacing was definitely better.
  • Aang doppleganger

Fun episode. But I mainly like the lumpy crack head mini Aang.
  • A Leaf in the Wind

A Leaf in the Wind was a perfect follow up to the series premiere of Avatar The Legend of Korra. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was interesting to meet the Fire Ferrets, a pro bending team. I also really liked the aspects of Air Bending training that Korra went through. Some of the characters were a little overly cartoonish and goofy, but I suppose they were in the original series too so it works well. I think the production is on par with the original series thus far and I'm really glad to have another adventure within this world. I certainly look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!