A The Legend of Korra Community
Friday 8:00 PM on Nickelodeon

The Legend of Korra will return for its third season on Friday, June 27, and no, that isn't a typo. The premiere date of Book 3: Change is a week from today, according to IGN. And on that day, THREE new episodes will air back-to-back-to-back, after which the show will take a week off for the July 4th holiday and return on July 11. 

You may be asking yourself, "Wait. So soon? But Nickelodeon has barely promoted it! I was expecting some big stuff at Comic-Con! That trailer you embedded above was just released last week! I've barely had time to decompress from that Season 2 finale! What gives?"

I'm only spitballin' here, but I imagine the rush to get the episodes out has everything to do with the fact that on June 7, or thereabouts, MundoNick (Nickelodeon's Spanish-language branch) accidentally leaked dubbed versions of a number of episodes from Book 3 via its website. Those episodes were, of course, torrented, .GIF'd, and fansubbed in a matter of days, if not hours. If you're part of the LoK fandom through Tumblr and such, I imagine it's been a minefield of spoilers.

In any case, that's the skinny. You pumped? Excited? Me, I'm mostly... worried. I was not a fan of Book 2's scattershot and lackluster narrative, and while that trailer is promising lots more Lin—YAY!—I am still concerned about the show getting back to being good, as are a number of others. I guess we'll find out if we can let loose a sigh of relief or a sigh of frustration next week!

Oh, and one more thing: If you've gone ahead and watched ahead or immersed yourself in .GIFs and summaries, please don't discuss or allude to anything spoilery of it in the comments. Not everyone, including me, is as dialed in as the rest of you cool kids.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/22/2014

Season 2 : Episode 13

48 Comments
Follow this Show
Members