The Legend of Korra

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 23, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• A great always!

I LOVED the finale to Legend of Korra. I knew it was going to be great! I mean even if the series wasn't up to the best it could be (but I think that was because my expectation of it was so great), Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko never let us down when it comes to a finale. The only thing that I just didn't like about it was the end. I mean it was waaay too wrapped up. I mean in every finale DiMartino and Konietzko have made, there was always an element that left us anticipating the next season. In the first season, it was Ozai giving Azula her mission against Zuko and Iroh. In the second season, of course it was Aang's death. In Legend of Korra, there was nothing. Korra finally connected to her spiritual side, got her bending back, declared her love for Mako, restored Lin's bending, and ended up living happily ever after. There's nothing to look forward to in the next season except maybe the next villain. And speaking of villains. I must say the best part of the entire finale was Tarrlok and Amon's relationship and deaths. When we finally learn of Amon's identity, we learn to sympathize with him too. His past makes him an anti-villain like Zuko was. And it was so heartbreaking when Amon shed that last tear and Tarrlok chose to blow up their ship. I think that relationship and scene were the things that made the season finale as great as it was.