The Legend of Korra Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Official Season 2 Discussion Board: Predictions and Wishes

  • Avatar of AmrSaadEldien

    AmrSaadEldien

    [41]Jun 24, 2012
    • member since: 03/14/12
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 1

    to be honest people for once i want to see the adventures of a fully realized Avatar , no more learning , no more training, nothing ,just an Avatar doing his job as he has to , simple and beautiful, and yeah i want to know who did Toph marry

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [42]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    All this Dark Avatar talk makes me wonder if there were a few Avatars that lost their way and abused their power. I could see an Avatar take his or her job so seriously that they become a tyrant that makes the world be at peace. They played with the idea of Tarrolock manipulating Korra, but it could make a good story to see someone tempt Korra into using her power in maintaining peace through might makes right deal. We need more villains with cunning.


    Chances are if they did a previous one would be like "WTH Man?" and slap some sense into them has there been any stated number of Avatars in the world?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [43]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    But what can the previous Avatar really do to the current one besides talk to them?


    I do not think there has ever been a set number of Avatars. I do not think we will get one. We know the Avatar has been reincarnating since the era of bending elements and has had over a thousand life times. It would get confusing if the writers try to back track and categorize every Avatar.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [44]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    Well Aang was able to energy bend Korra maybe there are other things that can be done

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yutg25

    yutg25

    [45]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 01/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 205

    I doubt there is a dark avatar in the line it would have broken the cycle. A dark Avatar can work an Avatar of Chaos of sorts. Something like Dark spirits locked away by the first Avatar.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [46]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071
    But at the same time Aang resisted the other Avatars wills when they were ready to kill Ozai for his crimes when he was in the State and channeled all of their powers and minds into him because he did not want to kill Ozai. I like the idea of Avatar falling prey to the darker aspects of humanity like greed, lust, power, and arrogance. With all that power it would be hard not to be tempted. It would be a journey would watch Korra go through.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [47]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    yutg25 wrote:


    I doubt there is a dark avatar in the line it would have broken the cycle. A dark Avatar can work an Avatar of Chaos of sorts. Something like Dark spirits locked away by the first Avatar.



    Only if the Dark Avatar was killed in the Avatar state. since they would probably have been too arrogant to control the avatar state they may have dropped out of it during a battle and then got killed. The next one would have had to do something pretty good to get people to forget about the evil one tho

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of legersem

    legersem

    [48]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 08/17/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 899

    Glad my recollection of the Dark Avatar is fueling some good discussion!


    The idea that the Dark Avatar is an entity outside of the regular Avatar cycle makes more sense to me than having an Avatar who went dark. Maybe the spirit had been locked away in the Spirit World and somehow gets free. The shadow-/lightbending is another idea from Gantros' thread that I really liked. It gives Korra something new to learn to combat the DA.


    What it all boils down to, I guess, is that since Korra is a complete Avatar now, something like the Dark Avatar, who is equal and opposite to her in every way, is the only logical threat. Even if Amon had returned, bloodbending would no longer be a problem for Korra, as we saw Aang rather effortlessly dispatch of Yakonne earlier in the season. Hopefully, Bryke is (are?) on the same page.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [49]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    How can we be so sure Korra is a fully realized Avatar? I am sure that was how the ending was intended to be when it was just a mini-series, but do you think next season will have Korra fully trained as the Avatar with mastery over all four elements including air and totally control of the Avatar State? She just opened up to her spiritual side. She shouldn't have control of the Avatar State at this point.


    I could go with a Dark Avatar storyline if done well. I would like to go into more of what the Avatar spirit is and its history. Has the Avatar always been born into humans or was there a time where it was a spirit that protected the world like a god or something?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [50]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    I wouldn't mind knowing about the previous avatars you can't tell me that if there were thousands of them none of them ever figured out a new form of bending until Aang learnt the originalenergy bending.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [51]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    I'm just gonna say that a "Dark Avatar" sounds incredibly silly and I really hope it never happens.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yutg25

    yutg25

    [52]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 01/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 205

    Kwando7 wrote:


    yutg25 wrote:


    I doubt there is a dark avatar in the line it would have broken the cycle. A dark Avatar can work an Avatar of Chaos of sorts. Something like Dark spirits locked away by the first Avatar.



    Only if the Dark Avatar was killed in the Avatar state. since they would probably have been too arrogant to control the avatar state they may have dropped out of it during a battle and then got killed. The next one would have had to do something pretty good to get people to forget about the evil one tho



    That wasn't my idea at all I was thinking if one of the avatars in his line went bad everyone that follows will be tainted with dark side even if that wasn't the case if for example Kyoshi went dark Roku, Ang Kora all of them will be tainted by this it needs to be someone else an Avatar of chaos that was around before the time of the Avatars

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [53]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    yutg25 wrote:


    Kwando7 wrote:


    yutg25 wrote:


    I doubt there is a dark avatar in the line it would have broken the cycle. A dark Avatar can work an Avatar of Chaos of sorts. Something like Dark spirits locked away by the first Avatar.



    Only if the Dark Avatar was killed in the Avatar state. since they would probably have been too arrogant to control the avatar state they may have dropped out of it during a battle and then got killed. The next one would have had to do something pretty good to get people to forget about the evil one tho



    That wasn't my idea at all I was thinking if one of the avatars in his line went bad everyone that follows will be tainted with dark side even if that wasn't the case if for example Kyoshi went dark Roku, Ang Kora all of them will be tainted by this it needs to be someone else an Avatar of chaos that was around before the time of the Avatars



    Why would this be the case? the previous avatar may be a guide to the next but the next avatar may ignore the dark influences and go about their lives peacefully

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [54]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    What kind of relationship do you guys think we can expect from Aang and Korra in this series? She has become more patient, but I cannot see Aang's solemn advice always being appreciated by Korra, similar to how she at first with Tenzin.


    I am happy that Bolin will get character development. His character was really shallow, but he has potential. I understand why his character wasn't developed in the first 12 episodes, since it was meant to be a mini-series, but now we should really see some good character development.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [55]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    What kind of relationship do you guys think we can expect from Aang and Korra in this series? She has become more patient, but I cannot see Aang's solemn advice always being appreciated by Korra, similar to how she at first with Tenzin.


    I am happy that Bolin will get character development. His character was really shallow, but he has potential. I understand why his character wasn't developed in the first 12 episodes, since it was meant to be a mini-series, but now we should really see some good character development.



    Yeah he got over his crush on Korra pretty quickly. Well Aang will probably be more relaxed then his son

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of VirusMonster

    VirusMonster

    [56]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 12/17/04
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 706
    Kwando7 wrote:

    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    What kind of relationship do you guys think we can expect from Aang and Korra in this series? She has become more patient, but I cannot see Aang's solemn advice always being appreciated by Korra, similar to how she at first with Tenzin.


    I am happy that Bolin will get character development. His character was really shallow, but he has potential. I understand why his character wasn't developed in the first 12 episodes, since it was meant to be a mini-series, but now we should really see some good character development.



    Yeah he got over his crush on Korra pretty quickly. Well Aang will probably be more relaxed then his son



    I liked Bolin, he was really funny! Wish he had more screen time, but I look forward to Season 2 character development of him! Think him and Asami will be together instead?

    Also I just thought of these Light Bending abilities for the Dark Avatar I forgot to mention to add another level of danger to the Light bending where the Dark Avatar can use Light Bending to teleport by using the light to transfer or convert the body into light and travel alongside it and energize the body to move super fast and become physically stronger like solar energy and such, and can be used to create illusion as light can affect wavelength and use it to trick the people that sees the light and maybe an unique form of hypnosis.

    And Light bending has unique healing abilities too, like Water Bending. So Light Bending is overshadow by Dark Bending with ability usage.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [57]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    VirusMonster wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:


    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    What kind of relationship do you guys think we can expect from Aang and Korra in this series? She has become more patient, but I cannot see Aang's solemn advice always being appreciated by Korra, similar to how she at first with Tenzin.


    I am happy that Bolin will get character development. His character was really shallow, but he has potential. I understand why his character wasn't developed in the first 12 episodes, since it was meant to be a mini-series, but now we should really see some good character development.



    Yeah he got over his crush on Korra pretty quickly. Well Aang will probably be more relaxed then his son


    I liked Bolin, he was really funny! Wish he had more screen time, but I look forward to Season 2 character development of him! Think him and Asami will be together instead? Also I just thought of these Light Bending abilities for the Dark Avatar I forgot to mention to add another level of danger to the Light bending where the Dark Avatar can use Light Bending to teleport by using the light to transfer or convert the body into light and travel alongside it and energize the body to move super fast and become physically stronger like solar energy and such, and can be used to create illusion as light can affect wavelength and use it to trick the people that sees the light and maybe an unique form of hypnosis. And Light bending has unique healing abilities too, like Water Bending. So Light Bending is overshadow by Dark Bending with ability usage.


    Ha!


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [58]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,071

    Maybe instead of power vs power we can have Korra a fully realized Avatar having to fight like a genius strategist. No human can go head to head with a fully realized Avatar. The Avatar just has too much raw power. I can see why a concept like the Dark Avatar is appealing, because in theory it would have power to match the Avatar. Instead of having dumbasses like Sozin and Yakone who boldly challenge the Avatar head to head we have a villain who always has a plan and uses Korra's power against her or explioting other weaknesses of hers. We have another villain who is light on his feet.


    It would appease more people who do not like the idea of a negative Avatar or some new bender who comes out of nowhere and is somehow as powerful as the Avatar.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [59]Jun 26, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    Maybe instead of power vs power we can have Korra a fully realized Avatar having to fight like a genius strategist. No human can go head to head with a fully realized Avatar. The Avatar just has too much raw power. I can see why a concept like the Dark Avatar is appealing, because in theory it would have power to match the Avatar. Instead of having dumbasses like Sozin and Yakone who boldly challenge the Avatar head to head we have a villain who always has a plan and uses Korra's power against her or explioting other weaknesses of hers. We have another villain who is light on his feet.


    It would appease more people who do not like the idea of a negative Avatar or some new bender who comes out of nowhere and is somehow as powerful as the Avatar.



    Thats why I liked Amon. too be fair neither of your examples challenged the Avatar. Sozin was attacking the Earthkingdom and Yakone was fleeing the city

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jegolas1973

    jegolas1973

    [60]Jun 28, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/09
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,354

    Amon may be out as the main adversary for Korra but Hiroshi may be still in the game. Therefore, I see Hiroshi as Korra's main adversary in Season 2.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.