The Legend of Korra Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Okay, elephant in the room: next book.

  • Avatar of 1avatar38

    1avatar38

    [1]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 05/06/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5

    So by now we all know that amon and korra are going to have a MAJOR battle in the next few episodes. If what people say is true and amon is likeHitler, prepare for a mass destruction weapon. If he is ablood-bender, korra might need to start training for that. Most of all, SPIRIT WORLD JOURNEY. Korra has reached her full potential in physical training but hascompletelyunderestimated her spiritual side. She never went into the avatar state... YET. Shouldn't she do so soon? Also, will Amon remain in the next book (season) due to him running away after weakening korra or something of that nature, or will there be a new antagonist that is much stronger? And did anybody forget that Korra could learnenergy-bendingtoo? Where's the last lion turtle when we need him. *Chants strangely while korra walks off of republic city and into the water*NA MU A ME TU FU SHI NE...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [2]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,463
    If she does learn it, it won't be from the turtle. Full potential in physical training? She needs to air bend to do that
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zetsuei_8823

    Zetsuei_8823

    [3]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 10/29/06
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,202
    All I really care about is when Mako and Korra are going to hit it off. :L
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [4]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,463
    *gags* ...I'm allergic to the romance in this series, he should have just stayed with Asami. Now theres a bigger triangle in the group, more emotions and all those other skittles that come with that territory. Wheres the justice? He buried himself when he pushed the adults out the way and scooped her up like Superman or something...

    But you're right, they are gonna get with eachother after that lame teen-awkward phase. -This btw is what I don't want to see but I know I will see in this series, which gives you the backstory to why I posted that upthere.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BannikX

    BannikX

    [5]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 88
    Technically, Korra can already energybend. Her past life retains the knowledge of how to do it. I imagine if she needed to, and she entered the Avatar State, he could do it. Also, I imagine she's going to go Avatar State in the last battle with Amon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [6]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,084
    I have been wondering what the second season would be called myself. It made season to use the element book in the original series because it was elment he was going to learn or the nation of that element would be the main focus or goal for the season. Korra has already mastered 3 elements, so what is the name of the next book, Water? Would that mean Korra would return home because something happened there? I guess she could ask Katara to teach her blood bending so she can make a defense against it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zetsuei_8823

    Zetsuei_8823

    [7]Jun 13, 2012
    • member since: 10/29/06
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,202
    qtwanderer wrote:
    *gags* ...I'm allergic to the romance in this series, he should have just stayed with Asami. Now theres a bigger triangle in the group, more emotions and all those other skittles that come with that territory. Wheres the justice? He buried himself when he pushed the adults out the way and scooped her up like Superman or something...

    But you're right, they are gonna get with eachother after that lame teen-awkward phase. -This btw is what I don't want to see but I know I will see in this series, which gives you the backstory to why I posted that upthere.


    I dunno, I'm usually really against romance, but I'm really looking forward to see what Mako will do, and what Asami will do now that she feels Mako likes Korra.

    I really wish the series weren't so short.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [8]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,571

    Heard thatthe next bookissuppose to be spirit, personally I'd rather something like Metal. I wonder how they will turn out

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MadameTamma

    MadameTamma

    [9]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/25/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 30
    how about when Pema's gonna have that baby? She already looked pretty far along in episode one and months have gone by since then right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 1avatar38

    1avatar38

    [10]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 05/06/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5

    Book 2: Energy as in energybending.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nerdnot

    Nerdnot

    [11]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/05/11
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 606
    MadameTamma wrote:
    how about when Pema's gonna have that baby? She already looked pretty far along in episode one and months have gone by since then right?
    I think that will be in the last episode. I hate to say this but I don't Korra is going to keep her bending and the child will become the Avatar
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MadameTamma

    MadameTamma

    [12]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/25/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 30
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MadameTamma wrote:
    how about when Pema's gonna have that baby? She already looked pretty far along in episode one and months have gone by since then right?
    I think that will be in the last episode. I hate to say this but I don't Korra is going to keep her bending and the child will become the Avatar


    the next avatar must be born to an earth bending family or earth bending region. the cycle is Kioshi -earth bender, roku- fire bender, aang- air bender, Korra -water bender. So the next avatar would have to be born learning earth bending first.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nerdnot

    Nerdnot

    [13]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/05/11
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 606
    MadameTamma wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MadameTamma wrote:
    how about when Pema's gonna have that baby? She already looked pretty far along in episode one and months have gone by since then right?
    I think that will be in the last episode. I hate to say this but I don't Korra is going to keep her bending and the child will become the Avatar


    the next avatar must be born to an earth bending family or earth bending region. the cycle is Kioshi -earth bender, roku- fire bender, aang- air bender, Korra -water bender. So the next avatar would have to be born learning earth bending first.
    True, Ether way born in the last episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [14]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,463
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MadameTamma wrote:
    how about when Pema's gonna have that baby? She already looked pretty far along in episode one and months have gone by since then right?
    I think that will be in the last episode. I hate to say this but I don't Korra is going to keep her bending and the child will become the Avatar
    What kid? O.O Did I miss something? And are you implying Korra will die?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MadameTamma

    MadameTamma

    [15]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/25/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 30
    We have no idea what's going to happen to korra, and Tenzin's wife is pregnant
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [16]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,463
    Oh, I think the kid will be regular or be a airbender but not the Avatar. Korra has to die for that to happen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LordGrievous

    LordGrievous

    [19]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/24/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,492

    qtwanderer wrote:
    Oh, I think the kid will be regular or be a airbender but not the Avatar. Korra has to die for that to happen.


    She'd have to die a few times in order for the kid to become the avatar.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [20]Jun 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,084
    That would have to be like three freak accidents in a row. Korra would have to be killed, the earth kid would be get it would have die in the same week than when the Avatar is reborn into the Fire Nation he or she would have be killed or die suddenly again for air to come up again. That would be the fastest succession line of any Avatars in the past.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.