The Legend of Korra Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Season 1 Book 2: Official Predictions and Pre-season Discussion

  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [1]Jul 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110

    We had two topics so I'm merging into one. A lot of new info has come in regarding Book 2. There is info plus concept art. Putting in spoilers. EDIT: Apparently there was too much info so I've just linked to it lol


    Link for concept art: http://owldee.tumblr.com/



    Link for info: http://dongbufeng.tumblr.com/post/27140645570/all-the-new-info-from-the-korra-comic-con-panel

    Edited on 07/13/2012 10:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [2]Jul 13, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,082
    Bumi and Kya are going to be main characters, F#ck yeah!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [3]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110
    Happy to see them as main characters. I'm so excited to see the Air Temples. I hope we see all four. Hopefully we get to see the Fire Nation Capital, Omashu, and BA Sing Se as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [4]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,568

    Well the "bad guy" reminds me of someone so expect a random outburst when I think of who it is. Korra uses the avatar state to win at a kids game? thats abit of a sorta overkill... Happy to hear we will see Kya andBumi. Wonder what else we will see any idea about the next airing?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SPDShadowRanger

    SPDShadowRanger

    [5]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/13/05
    • level: 72
    • rank: Happy Little Tree
    • posts: 9,110
    Not for a while. It's not suppose to start until next year. They haven't even animated a single episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Amibrosia

    _Amibrosia

    [6]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 144

    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Happy to see them as main characters. I'm so excited to see the Air Temples. I hope we see all four. Hopefully we get to see the Fire Nation Capital, Omashu, and BA Sing Se as well.
    Ba Sing Se must be the biggest city and most advanced รด.o I can't imagine what it looks like, it was already huge in the first season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Amibrosia

    _Amibrosia

    [7]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 144
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Not for a while. It's not suppose to start until next year. They haven't even animated a single episode.


    Next year ? I don't know why, Nick already know that the avatar cartoons made their money.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [8]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    _Amibrosia wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Not for a while. It's not suppose to start until next year. They haven't even animated a single episode.
    Next year ? I don't know why, Nick already know that the avatar cartoons made their money.
    They make money because they're gorgeously made, and gorgeously made stuff takes a long-ass time to make. Remember that Korra was announced about two years before it started to air. Just be patient and know that Nick is throwing all the money and production values they can towards the series because they love it as much as we do (because of money)


    Anyway. I love that Korra uses the Avatar State to win a little race. She's such an ass. And Bolin's character arc sounds like it'll be great.


    Also, guys, here's a little something i think you will all love.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of _Amibrosia

    _Amibrosia

    [9]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 12/12/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 144
    edmasterchaos wrote:

    _Amibrosia wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Not for a while. It's not suppose to start until next year. They haven't even animated a single episode.
    Next year ? I don't know why, Nick already know that the avatar cartoons made their money.
    They make money because they're gorgeously made, and gorgeously made stuff takes a long-ass time to make. Remember that Korra was announced about two years before it started to air. Just be patient and know that Nick is throwing all the money and production values they can towards the series because they love it as much as we do (because of money)


    Anyway. I love that Korra uses the Avatar State to win a little race. She's such an ass. And Bolin's character arc sounds like it'll be great.


    Also, guys, here's a little something i think you will all love.



    I'm saying it's clear that the avatar business is lucrative, it shouldnt taken one season to prove it. Nick should have given the green light long before.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [10]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    _Amibrosia wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:


    _Amibrosia wrote:
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:
    Not for a while. It's not suppose to start until next year. They haven't even animated a single episode.
    Next year ? I don't know why, Nick already know that the avatar cartoons made their money.
    They make money because they're gorgeously made, and gorgeously made stuff takes a long-ass time to make. Remember that Korra was announced about two years before it started to air. Just be patient and know that Nick is throwing all the money and production values they can towards the series because they love it as much as we do (because of money)


    Anyway. I love that Korra uses the Avatar State to win a little race. She's such an ass. And Bolin's character arc sounds like it'll be great.


    Also, guys, here's a little something i think you will all love.


    I'm saying it's clear that the avatar business is lucrative, it shouldnt taken one season to prove it. Nick should have given the green light long before.
    whut


    That's the wrongest statement i have seen, and this is why: They bought 14 episodes to complete season 1... before the series began airing. Long before.


    So what you said shouldn't have happened... never happened.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [11]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,082

    It's not that long of a wait, compared to the 2 years before this series actually got made. It is not that bad to me. I watch the Venturte Bros. on Adult Swim and have to wait 2 years before a new season starts usually.


    Edit: What's with Korra's Avatar State? It looks like she is using it continueously like Aang's uncontrolled use of the Avatar State. She knows if she is killed in the State that is it for the Avatar right? Oh yeah it looks like Korra is getting too arrogant and careless. This presents us with good story developments.

    Edited on 07/14/2012 7:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [12]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,568

    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    It's not that long of a wait, compared to the 2 years before this series actually got made. It is not that bad to me. I watch the Venturte Bros. on Adult Swim and have to wait 2 years before a new season starts usually.


    Edit: What's with Korra's Avatar State? It looks like she is using it continueously like Aang's uncontrolled use of the Avatar State. She knows if she is killed in the State that is it for the Avatar right? Oh yeah it looks like Korra is getting too arrogant and careless. This presents us with good story developments.



    I've always hated the wait inbetween seasons normally because they line up with a number of shows so for a couple of months there's no new episodes to look forward to

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [13]Jul 14, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    RaizenYusuke wrote:


    It's not that long of a wait, compared to the 2 years before this series actually got made. It is not that bad to me. I watch the Venturte Bros. on Adult Swim and have to wait 2 years before a new season starts usually.


    Edit: What's with Korra's Avatar State? It looks like she is using it continueously like Aang's uncontrolled use of the Avatar State. She knows if she is killed in the State that is it for the Avatar right? Oh yeah it looks like Korra is getting too arrogant and careless. This presents us with good story developments.


    Pretty much. Like in the pilot when Aang got himself in lethal danger just to get a power boost, it seems Korra will just use it as her WIN button. And I am *very* okay and interested in that.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [14]Jul 15, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,082
    Ditto, because I am sure Tenzin's whole speech about he Avatar State being some scared blah, blah, blah stuff is going to lead into something. I would like to see something big.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [15]Jul 15, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,568

    i dont know about Tenzin complaining about the avatar state being sacred but I'd suspect it being more about using a weapon as a toy to win races but i guess we could both be right

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pokemonmonmon

    pokemonmonmon

    [16]Jul 18, 2012
    • member since: 07/18/11
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 188

    nooooooooo korra can use the avatar state at will? why and now she doesnt even bother to master the elements she just jumps to the avatar state to solve her problems. if i were tenzin i would be pissed too. its bad enough that they basically mary sued korra for the sole purpose of having a happy ending to season 1. now she abuses the avatar state at will for stupid stuff like this? ugh



    well that being said i knew the next villain would be a spirit being. there is no mortal alive that can best amon

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neoyamato_pi

    neoyamato_pi

    [17]Jul 18, 2012
    • member since: 08/26/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 8,905

    I don't mind the spamming of the Avatar State as much, since technically she is considered a full-fledged Avatar, and can lead to some good development with her character.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nerdnot

    Nerdnot

    [18]Jul 18, 2012
    • member since: 03/05/11
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 606
    neoyamato_pi wrote:

    I don't mind the spamming of the Avatar State as much, since technically she is considered a full-fledged Avatar, and can lead to some good development with her character.

    Personally I rather see Bolins character develpment rather than Korras
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [19]Jul 18, 2012
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 8,082
    If Korra is still on Air Temple island that means she is still training to master air, right? Or is she staying around to be closer to Mako? Can the State be used to master the elements? I mean if Korra has control of the State can't she technically download all the other Avatars knowledge of air bending to become a master air bender? Or does she still have to train to master air. I like the idea that Aang had to go back to master earth and fire after his fight with Ozai/Korra still needs to master air despite having the State.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neoyamato_pi

    neoyamato_pi

    [20]Jul 18, 2012
    • member since: 08/26/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 8,905

    Nerdnot wrote:
    neoyamato_pi wrote:


    I don't mind the spamming of the Avatar State as much, since technically she is considered a full-fledged Avatar, and can lead to some good development with her character.


    Personally I rather see Bolins character development rather than Korras


    True, I'd rather see development from her friends as well, I was just pointing out a possible point for her character.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.