The Legend of Korra Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

  • Avatar of AvatarSensation

    AvatarSensation

    [21]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/13/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,702
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I have an idea how he can energy band perm. Buts it's out there


    I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

    In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

    What when? How did I miss this!


    Check on the interactive "Welcome to Republic City" experience on Nick.com. They released 3 new locations yesterday and that was one of the new pieces of information. (Along with the fact that Zuko is still alive.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarcolapinMar

    MarcolapinMar

    [22]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/25/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 168
    AvatarSensation wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I have an idea how he can energy band perm. Buts it's out there


    I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

    In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

    What when? How did I miss this!


    Check on the interactive "Welcome to Republic City" experience on Nick.com. They released 3 new locations yesterday and that was one of the new pieces of information. (Along with the fact that Zuko is still alive.)


    Why I can't get the yuans, I can't give them to the damn kid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarcolapinMar

    MarcolapinMar

    [23]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/25/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 168
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

    Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

    Aang had his other hand on Ozais neck though, Amon didn't.


    You mean his chest. Yes, I know but, maybe he doesnt have to put his hand technically. It might be a missed detail by the creators or something they don't believe to be important. But, I know this isnt exactly the same.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AvatarSensation

    AvatarSensation

    [24]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/13/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,702
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

    Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

    Aang had his other hand on Ozais neck though, Amon didn't.


    You mean his chest. Yes, I know but, maybe he doesnt have to put his hand technically. It might be a missed detail by the creators or something they don't believe to be important. But, I know this isnt exactly the same.


    There's a theory that it was staged and that Amon didn't actually take away their bending permanently, but really just messed with their chi. After all, they said there was some sort of "turf war" in the episode and it looked as if there was a chance that the Equalists could be working for or against the Triads. If the latter is true, then maybe Amon did it to "take away their turf," so to speak.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarcolapinMar

    MarcolapinMar

    [25]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/25/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 168
    AvatarSensation wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

    Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

    Aang had his other hand on Ozais neck though, Amon didn't.


    You mean his chest. Yes, I know but, maybe he doesnt have to put his hand technically. It might be a missed detail by the creators or something they don't believe to be important. But, I know this isnt exactly the same.


    There's a theory that it was staged and that Amon didn't actually take away their bending permanently, but really just messed with their chi. After all, they said there was some sort of "turf war" in the episode and it looked as if there was a chance that the Equalists could be working for or against the Triads. If the latter is true, then maybe Amon did it to "take away their turf," so to speak.


    That '' turf war '' is just a pretext, I believe, AMON is using the triads as a tool, getting the bigger amount of supports possible. That's why I think it's going to take that war to a bigger level.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of readapost

    readapost

    [26]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 05/13/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,104
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I have an idea how he can energy band perm. Buts it's out there


    I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

    In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

    What when? How did I miss this!
    There's a map info walkthough thing on Nick.http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-welcome-to-republic-city.html?navid=showNav
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jegolas1973

    jegolas1973

    [27]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/09
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,354

    I'm thinking Amon could be Jet. Amon says when he was eight, his parents were killed by firebenders. Jet himself was eight when his parents were killed by firebenders. It is believed that Jet was killed by Long Feng at Lake Laogai. His death was never confirmed. Therefore, it could be Jet behind the Amon mask.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nerdnot

    Nerdnot

    [28]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 03/05/11
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 606
    jegolas1973 wrote:

    I'm thinking Amon could be Jet. Amon says when he was eight, his parents were killed by firebenders. Jet himself was eight when his parents were killed by firebenders. It is believed that Jet was killed by Long Feng at Lake Laogai. His death was never confirmed. Therefore, it could be Jet behind the Amon mask.

    Jet liked Aang though, and besides it was basically confirmed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of readapost

    readapost

    [29]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 05/13/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,104
    jegolas1973 wrote:

    I'm thinking Amon could be Jet. Amon says when he was eight, his parents were killed by firebenders. Jet himself was eight when his parents were killed by firebenders. It is believed that Jet was killed by Long Feng at Lake Laogai. His death was never confirmed. Therefore, it could be Jet behind the Amon mask.

    Well the Earthbender kid Skoochy does look like Jet. Maybe he did?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jegolas1973

    jegolas1973

    [30]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 06/14/09
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,354

    Then again Jet never learned to energybend while AMON has this ability. We'll have to wait to see who AMON is really.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarcolapinMar

    MarcolapinMar

    [31]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/25/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 168
    jegolas1973 wrote:

    Then again Jet never learned to energybend while AMON has this ability. We'll have to wait to see who AMON is really.



    -cough-
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarcolapinMar

    MarcolapinMar

    [32]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/25/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 168
    The think is to guess who he is really before.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MarcolapinMar

    MarcolapinMar

    [33]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 02/25/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 168
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jegolas1973 wrote:

    I'm thinking Amon could be Jet. Amon says when he was eight, his parents were killed by firebenders. Jet himself was eight when his parents were killed by firebenders. It is believed that Jet was killed by Long Feng at Lake Laogai. His death was never confirmed. Therefore, it could be Jet behind the Amon mask.

    Jet liked Aang though, and besides it was basically confirmed


    Jet is dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [34]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440
    Gonna type out a lot of things, but, i'm sure that Amon is a firebender.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nerdnot

    Nerdnot

    [35]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 03/05/11
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 606
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Gonna type out a lot of things, but, i'm sure that Amon is a firebender.
    I think that maybe true.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of readapost

    readapost

    [36]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 05/13/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,104
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    AvatarSensation wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I have an idea how he can energy band perm. Buts it's out there


    I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

    In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

    What when? How did I miss this!


    Check on the interactive "Welcome to Republic City" experience on Nick.com. They released 3 new locations yesterday and that was one of the new pieces of information. (Along with the fact that Zuko is still alive.)
    Click and drag. The money has Aang on them.

    Why I can't get the yuans, I can't give them to the damn kid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BillTheCat005

    BillTheCat005

    [37]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 03/28/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 145
    I'm thinking he may end up being either a later child of Zuko's mother or possibly that little kid from "Zuko Alone"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nerdnot

    Nerdnot

    [38]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 03/05/11
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 606
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    I'm thinking he may end up being either a later child of Zuko's mother or possibly that little kid from "Zuko Alone"
    Amon can't be that old. He is a bunch younger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kwando7

    Kwando7

    [39]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,537

    I'm gonna call Amon out about having his face burnt seems a great way to get your message across showing the damage it causes rather then hide it away. Not completely sure about the rest of his past being a lie yet. If anything I'm starting to think it will either be Bumi (Aang and Katara's second kid) or an unknown.


    Fun Fact: Amon is the pressure point at the back of the neck, which he uses to take bending away.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of edmasterchaos

    edmasterchaos

    [40]Apr 21, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/06
    • level: 41
    • rank: Sleestack
    • posts: 24,440

    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    I'm thinking he may end up being either a later child of Zuko's mother or possibly that little kid from "Zuko Alone"
    ...HMMMMMMM


    Very minor character from the past series, which means a lot of exposition regardless. Reference that old viewers will get, but new ones won't find it vital to see that kid in order to understand it all. Say kid is 7 and he's in his 80s now. Might be too much... hmmm...


    I think Amon's a firebender, but being that little kid from Zuko Alone would be quite amazingly interesting.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.