The Legend of Korra

Out of the Past

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 09, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• Where is the play button

I cant figure out how to play it when im on my phone,where is the play button?!
  • Debunking Theories.

I was ecstatic to see the return of humor despite the desperate situation. Bei Fong fixing Bolin's zipper, Tenzen exclaiming that respective parties should either be in the hospital or in prison. Also, Sokka's retelling of battles with his trusty boomerang. It was a good reminder that this series can remain playful even if the stakes are up.

Couple questions: Anyone else wondering why Tarrlok had access to Equalist gear? Were we supposed to assume he stole it from police evidence? Also, why is Mako suddenly so overly concerned about Korra? It just feels like the writers are overplaying the drama of the inevitable breakup between him and Asami.

The recovery period of Korra was a little faster than I would have liked, but I suppose it served its purpose in progressing the plot. Still didn't explain how Tarrlok or his father were able to bloodbend without a full moon, prodigy or no. At least my initial guess that Amon and Tarrlok were the same person was wrong - though I still wouldn't be surprised if Amon was a bender. He's just got a couple qualities too many.
  • Although it wasn't as great as the last episode, it's still worth watching.

The show follows the events after the last episode when Tarrlok locks up Korra, and frames the Equalists for this doing. Then Lin puts pack on her Metalbending gear, and frees Asami, Bolin, and Mako in order to search for Korra. Although I thought it could've been handled better, it was still a fun episode. The action sequence as always looked amazing, and the flashbacks themselves were downright awesome. They were intense, insightful, and overall great. It also reveals a bit of Tarrlok's father's past as well. The inclusion of Amon once more was pretty fun too, and I also enjoyed how bloodbending was used in the episode. The story also flowed pretty well until the end. My only complaint was that it was kind of rushed at the end. But other than that, it was a really fun episode.

FINAL SCORE: 9/10 Amazing
  • Out of the Past

Out of the Past was a perfect episode of Avatar: The Legend of Korra. I really enjoyed watching as Tarrlock held Korra hostage, Lin freed Bolin, Mako and Asami, and Amon made his own capture. I liked how the story played out with Lin and the others breaking into the equalists secret lair, Korra meditating and connecting with Aang to see the past, and Tarrlock's blood bending ability is revealed. The character development was awesome, the scenery beautiful, and the flash backs were interesting and fun to watch. I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • that makes no sense

have any of you noticed that katara is still alive? and she was once a blood bender. why didnt aang use her in the past to stop tarrlok's father? she was in none of the flashbacks yet she still lives??? why hasnt she stepped up to do anything. tenzin is the son of aang and katara. tophs daughter is/was chief of police following in her mothers footsteps yet katara just sits there and does nothing. how can she come from mother of the group "team avatar" in the first series to a pathetic nothing in the second series.?
  • That was cool!

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY!!! First he can take away some one's bending and now bloodbening has no effect on him!!! Anyway.... its about time Korra was able to (some-what) make contact with the spirit realm to understand those visions, I new it had something to do with bloodbending. :-) It was also pretty cool to see Toph, Sokka, and Aang all grown up and nice little twist about Tarrlock being Yakone's son. Very good episode!! (FYI I think Amon might be a cyborg!)
  • Woah!

With that episode I'm almost scared to see next weeks.
  • just awesome