The Legend of Korra

Friday 8:00 PM on Nickelodeon Premiered Apr 14, 2012 In Season

The Legend of Korra Fan Reviews (121)

• Best of the worst

I still don't understand how a series this short can be that good. There is nothing bad I can say right away (maybe due to the length of the series). Best anime series ever. One of the very few good. perfect? Add 2 more season and then we'll talk.

2014 update: It's not an anime, for starters, sorry about that. I love how the series has explored social and economic ideals so elegantly. However, season 4 sucks. It's boring, repetitive, makes no sense, and seems just like filler. It surely won't end with fans asking for more, I'll tell you that. However, season 1-3 are almost as good as the Last Airbender's series.

Season 1 (Extremism/Terrorism View): 7.5/10

Season 2 (Religious Fanaticism View): 4.9/10

Season 3 (Anarchism View): 8.9/10

Season 4 (Communism/Fascism View): 1.9/10
  • A worthy spin off

Following the same path as Avatar: The Last Airbender, the legacy of the Avatar lives on with Korra the next Avatar. Korra is not like the previous Avatar, but she does master the elements and restores balance while dealing with a new set of challenges. It only makes me wonder what the next avatar will need to face and defeat. Sort of dark and edgy at times, but overall interesting and worth watching. A heck of a lot better than most of the stuff that Nick airs today.
  • Reunion review (in brief)

Solid buddy cop hijinks from Bolin and Varrick. Bolin showing the qualities of a future leader and Varrick getting some of his mad scientist mojo back.

Korra, Mako, Asami storyline wasted opportunity to appreciate the repercussions of Zhaofu.

Longer review submitted but not sure when it will be approved as we currently have no editor for this show.
  • Try Harder

Seriously? Zaheer took the air beningr and within 5 minutes and he became more powerful than Tenzin who has 40 years of hard training...

And you expet us to buy it?

Well you have to be more creative...
  • Great show on the evil network known as nick

It's sad such masterpiece is on a evil network nick that mistreats this amazing gem of a show. Great characters great action great story great animation this show while not as good as the original is still a masterpiece that deserves better.
  • Episode Guide

2.5
    Is anyone going to fix the episode guide, it doesn't update through magic. There isn't even Book 3
  • This is the coolest show to ever watched

I love "The Legend of Korra", it is one of the best animated shows ever. She is the third hero to become the city's new savior after the departure of the old one (one of them is Aang), the first is the new, yet futuristic Batman and the second is Spidergirl (a cover-up for Spiderman). Anyways, the show is awesome and the characters are cool. My favorites are: Mako, Bolin and Meelo.
  • went from OK to good to awesome

This is my top seasons list of both ATLA and TLoK from worst (but not bad) to best:

6. Book 1 Air

5. Book 2 Spirits

4. Book 1 Water

3. Book 2 Earth

2. Book 3 Change

1. Book 3 Fire

I'm expecting Book 4 Balance to be between #1 and #2

• just as awesome as the first series

c'mon give avatar the legend of korra a chance peepul.
  • It was good but it should be better

5.5
    Since I saw The Last Air Bender, its been my fav show ever. but The legend of Korra wasn't so great due to some of its unwilling powers they got and used against their enemies. According to "hashimhobib" his comment is good, he describe what really i felt like him.. its script and direction not so great as the last air bender was.. In this show the power of avater is not so great, she loose every of her enemy.. now i felt it should stop making korra further and should focus on avater Ang.
  • Loved it

Season 3 was great! Although I was pretty bummed that Zaheer DIDNT die after poisoning Korra in all.
  • Beautifully Done

This, along with CGI TMNT are the only good things left for Nickelodeon. The artwork is very well done and has very beautiful animation. The story is very well done and the characters have their own personalities. This is one of the few cartoons left that is not afraid to be dark and yet still be entertaining for kids.

Sadly, every time there is a season finale, Nickelodeon stops airing this show in favor of crap like Breadwinners and Sanjay and Craig.

Update: Seriously Nick? Uploading it to the internet and taking it off your channel. Here's a theory on why Korra got declined ratings.

VERY POOR PROMOTION!

Seriously, I barely ever saw Korra get promoted anywhere on TV. In fact it was this site that made me know about it coming soon. With that lack of promotion, people will forget. In fact I've seen more promotion for Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners than TMNT or Korra. I've said before I lost all faith in Nickelodeon, but this has sunk it even further. All that Nick has now is TMNT and if that goes, Nick is flat out DONE.

• Just CAncel iit

I really loved avatar the last air bender it was funny, sad, suspenseful, also looked so real. i wish they had just kept making episodes from that instead of making the legend of korra. there are quite a few things that are wrong with legend of korra. number one the characters are dull and boring. what goes on in the show is just boring it is like a soap because of the relationships and break ups and shit. i think he (the director) should go back to making the show more like avatar the last air bender. if he cant do that just cancel it plzzzz. he is just embarrassing avatar. id rather watch nothing than the legend of korra
  • About the series

It got got great casting in 2012.
  • Why Nickeloden Just why

Really Nickeloden!!! You going to remove The Legend of Korra your channel and aired new episodes on the Internet. Like what the HECK!!! What about the people who likes this show? And like to see it at night? You killing me. You worst than Cartoon Network and aired stupid shows like Breadwinners . Who likes Show? Nickeloden I lost all faith in you keeping these atrocious bad cartoons and live shows. There three words I have to say YOU SUCK BIGTIME!!!!
  • love the show

I love the show please don't cancel it
  • Most Anti Growth Character

For someone who didn't have to hunt down her instructors, she is a pretty weak avatar. When I heard the new avatar was going to be female I had high hopes for a wise and strong avatar. Instead we get a doormat hung up on romance with the powers of an avatar.

I didn't expect her to be like Ang, but I did expect to see a character that had the capacity to learn and grow from her live experiences. At the rate she's going she's going to have one foot in the grave before she learns anything.

I've watched season after season in the hopes that the series would pick up, but the writing feels disjointed. It's almost as if they are using each season to try out ideas to see what will stick. This season has had the best antagonists so far I hope they find the confidence to stick with them, but time will tell.

All in all I don't find myself waiting for the next episode to come out. I'll watch it if it happens to be on, but I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it.
  • What's with the messed up episode guide?

Whoever's making the episode guide for this series doesn't seem to get how each "Book" is a season. The last 3 episodes (A Breath of Fresh Air, Rebirth and The Earth Queen) aren't episodes 15, 16 and 17 of season 2, but episodes 1, 2 and 3 of "Book 3 - Changes", which would make it season 3.

Love the show though. I don't know why everyone has such a problem with Korra? She's not Aang and she's not supposed to be. Every Avatar is different. They have their own personalities, you know. It's not like being the Avatar automatically comes with the wisdom to do everything right.

I'd still rather have liked this to be the 3rd series and the 2nd series should have followed Aang and everybody else from the gang as they tried to rebuild the world. After 100 years of war and the Earth Kingdom having been occupied by the Fire Nation, there must have been plenty for them to do in order to bring peace and order to the world. Would have liked to follow that story before Korra.
  • KORAS A DISGRACE

SHES THE STUPIDEST MOST INTOLARABLE AVATAR LIKE .. OMG SHE CANT DO A GOD DAMN THING RIGHT ! THEY BEST PART ABOUT THE SHOW IS BRINGING STUFF BACK FROM "ATLA" . HOWEVER I DO FEEL LIKE THIS GENERATION DESERVES TO KNOW OF THIS AVATAR WORLD WE FANGIRLS/BOYS LIVE IN SO I SUPPORT IT
  • Feels too similar to the Last Airbender show

Though I do like this show, I think its similarity to the Last Airbender and not the most original show on Nickelodeon.
  • BEST TV SHOW EVER!

BEST SHOW EVERRR!!!
  • i wish i could skip it

i was a big fan of the original but with Kora its kinda making me feel like i just want to skip the entire series and hope for a new avatar who use he or she skill better like for example she is using the avatar state to win a race and also she gives learning to chase also hate that there is so much love and crap like hay i love you but i love him oh no! not enough action they should have just made an second part to Angs story.
  • Top Shows

Season 1 (12-13)
  • A major step down from The Last Airbender, but it's still decent

This is an interesting series to be fair. The Last Airbender had major highs and lows, focusing mainly on world building. This series focuses mainly on characters. Sometimes, it works, but other times, it falls flat on its face. It clearly shows that the writers know how to properly develop a world around characters, but seem to forget how to properly establish its characters. Does that make it bad? No.

Personally, I think the animation is fantastic, and the world around the characters is beautiful, but the characters themselves range from boring to likable to outright superfluous. When it establishes drama, it doesn't grab me like it's supposed to. Season 1 is the series' strong suit so far, I just hope the quality doesn't drop any further.
  • korra is hotheaded, but still shes amazing avatar

This season was wonderful, the backrounds, music, drama! Omg I just love the legend of korra.

Kts alittle sad that makorra is over tough.

• Korra's kinda stupid, but everything else is wonderful.

Korra gets her ass handed too her every episode... It's hard to enjoy the main character when everytime your watching them, they're getting manipulated or dominated completely. Just when you think she's gonna be awesome, she fails miserably again.

Other then that I did enjoy the wonderfully drawn spirit world and the story of the first avatar... Just stop making Korra such an idiot and we've got ourselves a great show.
  • Everyone who wants Last Airbender will be disappointed. Everyone else will love TLoK.

This is a different show. I even like the way they come on with the updates similar to the black and white news reels of the 40's (I think it was the 40's). It does not have the epic fight scenes like Aang fighting his cousins but it does have the drama. Much more development of the spirit world in this one, Korra seems to go into the Avatar state more often. She is older as the Avatar than Aang was when he started and it shows. So, the friends are older, having jobs, owning businesses. Therfore the carefree spirit of youth and zaniness of childhood is gone (awww). The gang is not together every minute of the day and night, which makes for a more fun campy adventure.

I think it is smart to have the series age, probably because most of the audience seems to be young adults or older. Hopefully, the movie for this one will be handled by Buffy creator Joss Whedon, who does great with female heroes. This is not The Last Airbender, it is Korra and it is good.
  • An Unrivaled Tale Of a Strong Willed Girl...

I never really thought i would watch this series, i am thankful that i did...

I thought it was gonna be like "Twilight" ... Far from it...

Korra is a strong willed girl, the kind that make even guys envy her. The story is fun, and many points previously left a mystery by the previously avatar series have been told in this one, over all this is a show that is better than many high budget feature

A true Master

• The Fall of the Avatar

The original Avatar TV-Series was incredible, and achieved what very few cartoon-shows manage to do: appeal to children and adults. Behind all the cutesy and the fun was a grown-up story that touched upon typically grown-up topics like war and death without ever losing its light-heartedness. It was a show with brains and beauty that never underestimated its audience.

I guess, its big problem was that it was not a grossing hit at first, I guess. So in the final season things felt kind of rushed, like the show was intended to last longer. Maybe it was and that was the problem.

But considering how much it stood out and how big the fanbase had grown it was only a matter of time until the world of the element-benders got another chance.

And it did: someone decided to cash in and make a live-action movie, and of course it was made by people who were unable to understand what made Avatar work the way it did.

The result was the equivalent of squeezing a couple of pounds of meat into a suit, painting a smiley-face on the head-meat and calling the result a human being. It was dreadful. Let's not talk about it.

Anyway - after this debacle, I never would have imagined that there would be another show.

So when I first heard the news of a new Avatar-series I was thrilled but understandably - Mr. Shyamalans joke of an adaptation still in mind - skeptical.

And then there it was: Legend of Korra.

It was a bold move to advance time and thus cutting ties with it's predecessor like this, but after only a few episodes it became clear that "Legend of Korra" was the next logical step in an expanded universe and a worthy sequel which respected predecessor while standing on its own two legs.

The show seemed more grown-up now, with it's older main-cast and the sleazy urban flair of Republic City.

And as the story about the Equalists unfolded I became hooked again, eagerly awaiting each next episode up to the conclusion of its first arc in episode 12. I was pleased with the show, because while I felt that it had not reached the heights of its predecessor I saw a lot of potential.

And then the second half of the season started. And it might just as well be another season, because everything has changed - and nothing for the better.

As always when big business picks up on a trend, and tries to turn it into a "franchise" - the

result tends to be something soulless that might look like the original but is nowhere near as good.

Somewhere along that process the "whatever" loses everything that was great about it.

And I guess that's what's happened.

Maybe it's because most fans of the original Avatar series are still too glad about the shows return that they turn a blind eye to what is happening - maybe it's because of the mainstream audience (the same people on whose "authority" networks decide to cancel shows like Alphas, Boss or Deadwood)

- noone has noticed it yet: but the show that the Avatar-fans fell in love with ended June 2012.

After what I've seen over the past couple of weeks I can't help but think it might have been better if Avatar:TLA had stayed the only entry. Yes, it's that bad.

The second half of the new Avatar is a mess of mythological nonsense, character simplification and overall dumbing down.

Bringing old myths and spirits to life might have worked in a prequel... maybe ... if handled well.

In the culturally and scientifically advanced world of post-Aang Avatar it's completely out of place.

But it doesn't stop there.

While the old writing handled humour in the right doses and romance and drama with subtelty, I barely even recognize Korra and her friends anymore. At this point they are caricatures of their former selves.

I don't want to go into too much detail here, because it's just not worth it, but all the clichs that plague most of the shows aimed at teens and young adults have turned up, ruining any and every previous character development. Boleyn might be the most apparent victim: he is almost unbearable and belongs to the already too long list of comic relief characters noone can take serious anymore.

Also, there are villains now. Yes, the original Avatar had dislikable characters, too. But they never were flat out EVIL. And the bad things that were being done were never seemed to be done out of sheer plot necessity. Now every plot point feels contrived which is a huge detriment to the fictional world: It doesn't live, it doesn't breathe.

The cherry on top of this cake of disappointment are the moments when the show makes the original look bad (poor Iroh).

And maybe that's just me, but has the animation always looked as cheap as it does now?

So: Do I think Korra has turned into the worst show ever? No. It's still easily on par with all non-comedy-cartoons out there. But considering where it came from - it is almost painful to watch now.

I don't know if the show has a new creative team or of management stepped in - but I for one cannot stand to watch the show any longer.
  • One of the best shows ever

Whats not to like about LOK Korra connected with the very first Avatar We got to see his story on becoming the first Avatar. Korra seems to be Strong Willed Stubborn and at times reckless but hey I like that if its on TV in real life not so much but Korra knowing 3 of the elements at such a young age how old was she 3? 4 max and her first line in rthe very beginning of the series made me LOL the only downside is that Book 1 and 2 had a year and 3 month gap from airing Book 1 ended June 23rd 2012 if I recall and Book 2 started Sept 14th 2013 Dont get me wrong I like aiting at times but to a certain extent afterwards it gets annoying just waiting and waiting but hey I love the series waiting for the next episode A Spiritual Age to air in 2 days so I am very excited