The Legend of Korra

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

The Legend of Korra Fan Reviews (151)

• Started off good but got sour

3.5
    Following the same path as Avatar: The Last Airbender, the legacy of the Avatar lives on with Korra the next Avatar. Korra is not like the previous Avatar, but she does master the elements and restores balance while dealing with a new set of challenges. It only makes me wonder what the next avatar will need to face and defeat. Sort of dark and edgy at times, but overall interesting and worth watching. It was a heck of a lot better than most of the stuff that Nick airs today.

However I feel the creators, writers, and directors tried to make Korra more like Kyoshi rather than just Korra. I personally felt they should've made a mini series off of Avatar Kyoshi if they wanted more of her. Then they started making some half baked ideas, pushing agendas, and made Korra more of a brawny jock who uses her muscles when she should've used her mind. Started off worthy and promising but fell short when someone lost sight and had this show's characters act out of character and push agendas. This show wasn't the place for it.