The Legend of Korra

The Revelation

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 21, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• An Intriguing Commentary

A few things to rave about first: I'm loving the probending announcer/opening recap narrator. His voice is just enjoyable and really sets that certain tone for the show. The new friendship of Naga and Pabu is adorable and the series still has those amazing goofy faces it's great for.

On to the more serious topics of the episode: The introduction of chi-blockers is a very serious threat to the series. It really adds to that industrial era feel in that machinery is taking over nature and the natural ways to do things. The blockers are also a powerful enemy - I'm not sure the "good" gang is equipped to deal with them at present, even if Korra is unusually strong (anyone else notice last episode when she picked up Tenzen and all his kids like it was nothing?)

I get this distinct feeling that Amon is someone we met in the original series, or whose parents we met. I'm very interested in him and his backstory. Props to the writers for making an intriguing villain. Now if they'd just make him more multifaceted to actually hold my attention. No one likes a one-dimensional character.
  • WTF!!

It went from not tentenseat all to more intense than anything in the Avatar seris!
  • Although I'm kind of too late, I can't help it but say that this episode was awesome!

I thought that this episode was great, the introduction of Bolin's pet, the flow of the outline, and almost everything else. The plot is about Mako and Bolin trying to get money after losing it to pay for other things. Bolin suggests his ferret to make tricks for the crowd, but Mako objects. Despite this, Bolin goes with it anyway, but fails, He is then told that he can do security work for Triple Thread Triad, with a huge profit.However, it turns out to be a fraud and he is captured, while Korra and Mako look for him. In the middle of it, they get into a meeting with Amon, an equalist, holding it. The characters were great and resembled their personalities like Bolin and Korra, while Mako showed great character development. The introduction of Amon was also pretty great as well, and he himself is good as a villain. The battles were also beautiful as well and interesting, although I was hoping for Mako and Bolin to do more. Overall, this episode was really great, albeit some problems, and is an excellent follow-up to an excellent series.

FINAL SCORE: 9/10 Amazing
  • The Revelation

The Revelation was a perfect and very awesome episode of Avatar The Legend of Korra. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development along with action, drama and intrigue. It was interesting to see more of the Equalists and Amon. There is definitely a good mystery here and I am excited to watch it unfold. The bending was great and I loved how Naga and Pabu came together as did Appa and Momo. Naga was defensive in this episode and it was awesome to watch, and funny when Pabu acted just like Naga on the offensive defense. I really like the series so far and certainly look forward to watching more!!!!!!!!!!