The Legend of Korra

The Spirit of Competition

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 05, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• Sweet Nothings

This is the episode of facepalms. When a guy says no, he means no, Korra! And even if you manage to weasel out of him that he does have feelings for you, you don't go and make all your lives more complicated by doing stupid things! Control yourself, woman!

This episode really got under my skin because it's showing that it's okay to break someone's heart or cheat or force someone else to cheat and then just apologize to make it right. That's not how the world works and kids watching this are going to think it is. Feebas, I sound like an old fart again.

On a lighter note, I liked that they were keeping it real in this episode by having Bolin lose his noodles. You can't eat as much as he did and perform well in a sport. Also, hooray for problem-solving with Naga. Ultimate peacekeeper right there.

This was really a nothing episode - it didn't farther the plot with Amon and only really served for a little bit of characterization. It was nice fluff, but let's get on with the good stuff, shall we?
  • Kinda Preductable

But still great!
  • The Spirit of Competition

The Spirit of Competition was a perfect episode of Avatar: The Legend of Korra. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was interesting to watch the Fire Ferrets compete in the tournament and to see the way their relations with each other affected the group. The over all production of this episode was outstanding and I liked how the story unfolded. New characters were introduced which added to the over all depth of the story. The ending left me wanting more and I look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • so cool

lol cool
  • This is the first...

This is the first episode that kept my attention. I'm routing for Bolin.