The Legend of Korra

The Voice in the Night

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 2012 on Nickelodeon

• Saga of the Scarf

And so the series heats up. It feels a lot like a well-oiled machine at this point, to continue with the industrial era analysis. The methods of fighting, both with and without bending, have become very streamlined. Fight sequences are precise and don't take up more time than they need to.

But with less fighting comes more politicking, and boy is there a lot of it. Tarrlok's an absolute snake - it's so obvious he's going to be working is way to the top through this season. He's going to be an issue if he isn't dealt with and soon. And it really pisses me off that through his character, the series fell into the trap of stereotyping the press and/or the media with slander. Not all reporters are open to bribes or are intent on muck-racking.

There are other things that are too much, as well. The Asami/Mako relationship is moving WAY too fast, but it's probably a plot device, so I'll take what I'm given. Also, this series is really very heavy on super thinly-veiled metaphors for real life issues: I can't help but see Korra's fear of Amon as a rape metaphor, or the whole equality movement as religion (though I can also see bending as religion in this situation, so it's not as clear to flat out say what it is). It's a little distracting.
  • Building up

13:51 best part in the seris so far!
  • The Voice in the Night

The Voice in the Night was a perfect and really spectacular episode of Avatar: The Legend of Korra because the story was well written, there was a lot of character and plot development, and Korra is forced to confront Amon after Torrlak held a party for her. It was awesome to watch her live the nightmare she had in the beginning, which shows she is starting to have Avatar visions perhaps. It was great to see how Torrlak took every chance and made every effort to overcome Tenzin's objections. The story is really heating up and I'm really excited with where things could go. There have been clues to how characters from the original series have influenced this world today, and I certainly look forward to watching the next episode to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Intense!

Wow, Korra tastes true fear for the first time. It was really something, watching a character who has never experienced fear in her life, struggling with the fact that she does have fear in her. An important life lesson on the road to mastering Airbending, since airbending relies heavily on evasion, and fear, or lack thereof, dictates whether one tries to evade or not.
  • Who is Amon???

Watch this episode and you'll find out who Amon is... Not giving any hints. You will see the weak side of Avatar Korra. And, you will be absolutely blown away! This is definitely the best episode yet in the whole series.
  • Adding more and more informations, just like an investigation.

Well, we got a slice of the cake for every fans here in this episode. First, a slice of relationship, some new characters, Asami and love interest for Mako. Of course, new piece of the puzzles concerning Aang's gang, Soka, Aang Toph and a mysterious face that could be related to AMON. We had also some information about Torrlak that really wanted Korra to be in the task force. A lot of the mystery is still covering AMON's plot and we don't know where it's going to lead.