The Mistake

JLUmember1

[1]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 26
    According to Bruce Timm, producer of the DCAU, he says the mistake marvel made was not having the big three in other wise the series would have been a success.

I agree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Knightosis

[2]Dec 27, 2005
    • level: 3
    The big mistake wasn't just that.

It was having some of the lamest story-telling, designs,
    the Power Ranger theme, the cast itself...

I could go on, but Bruce is being VERY lenient.

JLUmember1

[3]Dec 27, 2005
    He said it durring the production of Justice League and that's why he had the big 7 there.

I'm sure there where more.

But it was a big mistake not having the core team.

Gislef

[4]Jan 3, 2006
    • level: 100
    I imagine there were legal reasons why they couldn't use the characters. Iron Man was tied up in various movie/licensing arrangements, with the purported Tom Cruise movie, for instance.

Timm has the same problem on Justice League - it just doesn't impact the main characters there.

JLUmember1

[5]Jan 8, 2006
    In a note carried over from TVtome it said Ironman was schedualed to be in a season two.

DrkMgcn399

[6]Jun 20, 2006

Supposedly the X-Men were to make an appearance in the second season. But if the show did get picked up for a second season, it would probably last for another 13 episodes like the Iron Man and Fantastic Four cartoons a few years prior since the first season left such a bad taste in everyones mouth. To be honest the only episodes I actually watched were when Iron Man and Captain America guest starred.

lmsnelly7

[7]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 5
    I hated all that armor they used what was the point ? It was like Marvel Power Rangers

GaRYtheWHiTe

[8]Feb 5, 2007
    I never even knew this show existed.

sporkman5353

[9]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 18

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    I never even knew this show existed.

It did, alright. They let the batman stick around for another season, why not this?

Antiyonder

[10]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 39
    Timm was right, because a cartoon focusing on the Avengers and JLA isn't something that comes along all the time. So you need to get it right the first time. Even then, if the right was better and Fox didn't cave in to Pokemon's fame, I think a second season would have been made.

Evil_saint

[11]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 22
    I've startedto watch the old episodes now and Icant stand the armor.And Hawkeye's voice I cant stand. I just don't think it fits, i'd probablybe better for a villain just not him. Other than that I don't have a big problem with the show.
    Edited on 01/31/2008 8:05pm

batgirl03

[12]Feb 19, 2009

I've always been a "DC girl"... Batman & Superman especially, but I did enjoy the 90's Spiderman & XMen Evolution. Unfortunately in both cases, I never had the chance to read the comics. It just wasn't sometihng that was available to me in my childhood. TV and movies were more accessable. (Although I do admit that my first toy I can remember is a Hulk action figure that I still have from about age 3...)

I also admit that I did jump on the bandwagon with the release of Iron Man to theatres. It was an awesome movie, and I've never been able to resist any superhero movie. Once I found out there was a sequel in the works (plus an Avengers movie after that which would feature Iron Man/Tony Stark), I was like a woman possessed. I wanted to know more. Not to say I was really interested in the rest of the Avengers, but there was an interest.

When I saw "The Avengers" listed on the satelite menu, I had to see it. My immediate thought was "Oh, cool! Iron Man is part of that group." And since I had missed the replay of the Iron Man series that was on over the summer, I figured this would be a good way to learn more about the character. Imagine my disappointment.

Yeah, the biggest mistake with this series was leaving out the main characters. And it was all just a little too cheesy for what I saw. The animation itself wasn't too bad - I mean, I've seen worse. But the storyline could have been a lot better, even if they weren't to add the characters which the public truly wanted to see.

It's a little sad that I saw that from just one episode.