Awake Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Official Awake Cancellation Thread

  • Avatar of sikboy1029

    sikboy1029

    [1]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 04/16/04
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 51

    I'm disappointed, to say the least.

    Edited on 05/12/2012 5:57am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrjimmyjames

    mrjimmyjames

    [2]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 05/13/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 419

    Yeah, it suprises me NBC can't at least try giving a critically acclaimed show one more season; maybe air a few episodes after The Voice, or at least put it in another slot that allows it to actually be noticed by more people.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FCBarca

    FCBarca

    [3]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/03/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,312

    sikboy1029 wrote:


    I'm disappointed, to say the least.



    Gutted, utterly...Not a surprise, regrettably...The whole LCD approach by the big networks continues to dummy down the nation...Wonder if there's any chance of the series being picked up by Showtime or HBO


    Too good a script, too good a cast and far too impressive in terms of the performances for it to just end like this


    Damn shame

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Bytor65

    Bytor65

    [4]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 12/11/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 122

    This was my favorite new show. I don't really blame the network, ratings were terrible.


    I am just sad that an intriguing well written drama like this can't find an audience.


    Anyone know how many episodes were planned for this season, and how many we will get?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cross_mr

    cross_mr

    [5]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 07/26/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 226
    unbelievable.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrjimmyjames

    mrjimmyjames

    [6]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 05/13/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 419

    FCBarca wrote:


    sikboy1029 wrote:


    I'm disappointed, to say the least.



    Gutted, utterly...Not a surprise, regrettably...The whole LCD approach by the big networks continues to dummy down the nation...Wonder if there's any chance of the series being picked up by Showtime or HBO


    Too good a script, too good a cast and far too impressive in terms of the performances for it to just end like this


    Damn shame



    I would love to see a network like AMC or FX pick it up. I don't see why NBC can't at least give the show another season, it's not like anything else on the network has better ratings anyway. After all no one has ever really watched 30 Rock and they allowed it to survive for 7 seasons... 7 seasons! At least they would have critical acclaim fromaonce in a lifetimefascinating premise or ashow to build on as opposed to what will probably happen next year- another much hyped and quickly cancelled show- just like their "original" new shows they put on Thursday at 9PM show this year, a remake of Prime Suspect or a series based on The Firm (which no one remembers now) at least 15 years too late.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dh4645

    dh4645

    [7]May 16, 2012
    • member since: 09/01/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 532
    Bytor65 wrote:

    This was my favorite new show. I don't really blame the network, ratings were terrible.


    I am just sad that an intriguing well written drama like this can't find an audience.


    Anyone know how many episodes were planned for this season, and how many we will get?



    i see there is only 2 more (tomorrow and next thursday) on here. not sure if there is any more

    i quit tv....well i quit watching new tv shows.

    AWAKE was the only new show worth watching and it got canned. from now on, i'm not watching anything new until it has a season or 2 under its belt and then i'll just rent/stream them on netflix or amazon prime video. i'm tired of wasting my time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mattgus

    mattgus

    [8]May 17, 2012
    • member since: 10/30/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 735
    i was happy to see a series that was not doing the same old thing again...everything on tv has become so derivative that it is hardly a need to be fully awake to get what is going on. this was differant.... i would not like to see it going to a cliffhanger with him in prision or a fugitive. that is over done too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dif_frent

    dif_frent

    [9]May 21, 2012
    • member since: 05/30/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 146
    Well... We have to face the ugly truth: all of us watching Awake and similar shows are a statistical minority. We are a bunch of individuals who won't buy washing powders and bubble gums offered in ads on tv. Creating shows for us cannot be justified by the laws of economy. Bummer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NiallB31

    NiallB31

    [10]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 12/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 454

    The show had just started in the UK when the cancellation was announced. I have to say I am really disappointed with this news. I really enjoyed the pilot and the series is getting better each episode.


    I heard that the producers of Pan Am (another great series cancelled befre its time) is in talks with a cable network to pick the series up for a second series, so Hopefully simething like that will happen with Awake. I really want to know where the series will go.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dh4645

    dh4645

    [11]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 09/01/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 532
    dif_frent wrote:
    Well... We have to face the ugly truth: all of us watching Awake and similar shows are a statistical minority. We are a bunch of individuals who won't buy washing powders and bubble gums offered in ads on tv. Creating shows for us cannot be justified by the laws of economy. Bummer.


    yeah i know, totally blows.

    this yr i am losing awake, csi miami, eureka & sanctuary...awake was the one i'm most upset about...csi miami the least.

    at least i have 3 hrs back in my life each week, with commercials cut out, (if all 4 were on in the same week.) since i'm not planning on watching anything new.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SoWErA-SE

    SoWErA-SE

    [12]May 23, 2012
    • member since: 10/18/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 26
    dh4645 wrote:
    dif_frent wrote:
    Well... We have to face the ugly truth: all of us watching Awake and similar shows are a statistical minority. We are a bunch of individuals who won't buy washing powders and bubble gums offered in ads on tv. Creating shows for us cannot be justified by the laws of economy. Bummer.


    yeah i know, totally blows.

    this yr i am losing awake, csi miami, eureka & sanctuary...awake was the one i'm most upset about...csi miami the least.

    at least i have 3 hrs back in my life each week, with commercials cut out, (if all 4 were on in the same week.) since i'm not planning on watching anything new.


    This truly sucks I really love Awake and to lose Eureka as well as Sanctuary as well that is just cruel ;*(

    At least Eureka sort of revived the character that they killed a few episodes ago which was making me all like fine cancel it now I still want it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BeckyFowler

    BeckyFowler

    [13]May 27, 2012
    • member since: 03/07/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 1

    Someone needs to notice that this is the ONLY show that was canceled that Will Be Missed in the poll.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NiallB31

    NiallB31

    [14]May 30, 2012
    • member since: 12/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 454

    This show is amazing. The show kept getting better each episode. The last 5-6 episodes were the best episode I have ever seen of any TV series.


    I am sad it got cancelled, season 2 would have been amazing. The show was brillinatly written. It was a different approach to the precedural cramas we see on TV today. NBC made a mistake in axing it. I know the ratings were low, but they could have gotten a cable network to pick it up, I really want to see where everything will go. I was pleased witht he finale, it wrapped up the crash storyline nicely and didnt leave any cliffhangers only what caused him to live two different worlds. That would have definitly been explored in season 2.


    Edited on 05/31/2012 2:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ERfan1083

    ERfan1083

    [15]May 31, 2012
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 7,747
    Not the first time NBC has cancelled a promising new show. Sadly probably won't be the last either. I hate how programming has been so dumbed down to procedural dramas and reality TV garbage. Seems only cable networks give shows that make you think and that are outside the box a chance these days. I'd like to see maybe a network like TNT pick this show up. That's what happened when NBC nixed Southland and that show is still airing on TNT. Here's hoping...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Just_Jos

    Just_Jos

    [16]Jun 2, 2012
    • member since: 02/23/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,567

    Gonna miss this show, at least it ended well. Hope a DVD release happens soon.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of goldtop2007

    goldtop2007

    [17]Jun 5, 2012
    • member since: 08/31/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 210

    The last episode was a great end to a great show - very Lynchian I think. At least we got a fulfilling end

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mrjimmyjames

    mrjimmyjames

    [18]Jun 25, 2012
    • member since: 05/13/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 419

    goldtop2007 wrote:


    The last episode was a great end to a great show - very Lynchian I think. At least we got a fulfilling end



    "very lynchian"- I think that's what I liked best about the finale was an attempt to do that. In an interview about the finale, the creator even stated that it was very much influenced by Twin Peaks' black lodge.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.