Awake Forums

NBC (ended 2012)

Worth watching?

Saiyans91

[1]May 25, 2012
    • level: 8

Hey guys I was wondering since the show is not going to be picked up for Season 2 whether it is worth watching just season 1. Also does it end on a cliffhanger?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

corenn

[2]May 25, 2012
    • level: 1
    Yep. You can watch. worth every minute

Cyberfairy

[3]May 26, 2012
    • level: 6
    The series has a very good finale. Totally worth it.

JasmineHR

[4]May 26, 2012
    • level: 35
    I definitely think it's worth it. It's beautifully shot, really good writing, and amazing acting. Seriously, please give Jason Isaacs and Emmy right now!

Without being too spoilerish, the ending may considered a bit cliched and may be something that people would complain about on nearly any other show but in this case, it's much better than ending with a cliffhanger or a bunch of loose ends. It did make me teary-eyed.

StarkRG

[5]May 27, 2012
    • level: 6

It's a very American way to think that a good show must always have a second season. American tv series often get run into the ground until you wish they had simply ended it earlier. I'm not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed a second season, just that the way they ended this one made for a very satisfying ending. Like The Lost Room and Firefly I will always remember this show as being really good and engaging, had they continued it there's a good possibility it would have ended up like Lost.

NiallB31

[6]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 8

Yes, watch it. It is one hell of a show. The finale is amazing. Not many loose ends (I dont want to give anything away, so I wont say much) the season is wrapped up making you satisfied with the ending but making you want more. The acting is brilliant. Many reviewers say The Good Wife has the best cast on tv this season, it does, but Awake has a cast just as good as them and deserve some awards. The show is easy to follow, but you have to watch every episode. At times you might have to rewatch an episode to make sense of it.

I was thinking that I would see if the show gets a second season and if it does, I will watch. But when It got canceled I thought, nahh I wont watch it. But I read some reviews and they said the show was amazing, the storylines, acting was amazing so I watched the series and wasnt disappointed.

So, yeah check it out, you won't be disappointed.