An Awkward Community
Tuesday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music Television (Returning September 23rd, 2014)

YOU ARE SO NOT WELCOME NEWS

... In arguably the worst possible news for MTV's Awkward. (the only thing more terrible would be Ashley Rickards quitting the show), showrunner and creator Lauren Iungerich is departing after the currently on-hiatus third season wraps up. MTV is likely ordering a fourth season, dependent on who they find to replace Iungerich. But Iungerich's very funny and talented voice was all over the series, and the loss of her will be, like, totally obvs. The word on her departure is that it was a combination of work and personal reasons, which sounds to me like MTV blew it. But what do I know? Maybe Iungerich just didn't want to be rich and powerful and famous anymore. [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... MTV has canceled Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous after one season. Well! I didn't even know the comedy starring Bo Burnham had even started. Great promotion, MTV! [THR]

... CNN has announced the return of shout-fest Crossfire, this time with co-hosts Newt Gingrich, S.E. Cupp, Stephanie Cutter, and Van Jones all making their point with volume. Look Listen for it this fall. [THR]

... TLC is going to air a British documentary about a man with 10-stone (140-pound) testicles. No date has been set yet, but you might as well record every hour of TLC until then because YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS. Why yes, I do have a trailer. [Digital Spy]

... FX is developing a TV version of the book Mohicans, which served as the source material for the film The Last of the Mohicans. The idea would be to make it a miniseries that follows the development of America as seen through the eyes of the characters from the books. [THR]

CASTING NEWS

... Funny guy, Burning Love sexy fireman, and Childrens Hospital sexy Jewish doctor Ken Marino has booked a season-long arc on HBO's Eastbound & Down. This is about as perfect casting as perfect casting gets. In the comedy starring Danny McBride as a former pro baseball player, Marino will play "a middle-aged athlete who's still living the high life and partying it up." But wait, there's more! Tim Heideker, of Tim & Eric fame, will also join the series in a recurring role. He'll play a neighbor of McBride's Kenny Powers who is a painfully regular guy. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Elementary's Sherlock Holmes has an older brother, and we'll all get to meet him in Season 2. Rhys Ifans (The Amazing Spider-Man's the Lizard, Human Nature) will play Mycroft Holmes and I'm pretty convinced that he could actually be Jonny Lee Miller's real-life brother. Mycroft will appear in the premiere episode, where the two brothers will confront their recent falling-out after Sherlock heads to Jolly Old Londontown. [CBS via press release] 

... In today's The Leftovers news, the show has added The Secret Circle's Chris Zylka. In the Damon Lindelof drama about those left behind after the Rapture, Zylka will play a college dropout who settles under the wing of a guru. Okay, sure. This show is sounding weirder and weirder with each detail that's released. I'm so in. [Deadline Hollywood

... TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?, which is being revived by TLC after cancellation by NBC, has announced the celebs who will let Lisa Kudrow poke around their families' pasts and talk about them on TV (minus the "your great granddad was a Nazi sympathizer" part). Here they are: Christina Applegate, Kelly Clarkson, Cindy Crawford, Zooey Deschanel, Chelsea Handler, Chris O'Donnell, Jim Parsons, and Trisha Yearwood. Who Do You Think You Are? debuts July 23 on TLC. [TLC via press release] 

... 1980s dreamboat Andrew McCarthy will guest-star on CBS's summer drama Unforgettable. He'll play a rich dude who enlists Carrie's help to get his kidnapped young daughter back. [THR

SURE, WHY NOT? NEWS

... Now that our government has come to its senses and DOMA has been stricken down in the Supreme Court, Modern Family is already thinking about a marriage for Cam and Mitchell. Sure, why not? [EW]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/30/2014

Season 4 : Episode 13

57 Comments
Follow this Show
Members