Babar

CBC

bluecatcinema

Babar Fan Reviews (5)

7.6
  • Charming recreation of the stories in the books.

This show came from a popular series of books for kids. I remember reading these in my school years, and they're just as much fun for young people today. The same can be said of the television show that brought the cartoon tales to life. Babar is the king of the elephants, and he rules the country of Celesteville with wit and joy. Every day, the king, and his wife Queen Celeste, tend to the problems of the land and enjoy time with their children. It's a wonderful setting, as the story offers viewers the vista of a happy family, who also have their fair share of adventures. It's a fun show, one to look for in reruns.
  • Childhood staple

Babar was one of the best cartoon series of its time - totally epic. While it had differing story lines and themes, it was all the same to me - I loved it. I'm glad they continue to run the old shows like this and Madeline. They're going to ruin Care Bears for me, though.
  • I had a good laugh out of watching Babar. In fact, not that the show was particularly humorous but there was something special, something unique that brought a smile to my face when I watched this.

I had a good laugh out of watching Babar. In fact, not that the show was particularly humorous but there was something special, something unique that brought a smile to my face when I watched this. Definitely one of the highlights of my television experience this month.I love love love this..
  • Could A Staff Member Please Delete This Review?

Could A Staff Member Please Delete This Review?
  • Babar is just a fantastic children's cartoon that is simply loveable.

It's been years since I've seen the loveable elephant go on his adventures but, there was a time when I'd go out of my way to catch and episode of Babar. The show is just so great. Really great stories and the characters are so easy to fall in love with. And it is fairly unique in the sense that all of the characters, more or less, are elephants. The show can be appreciated by many people and all ages. It's a great show for kids to watch and be entertained and learn some good values as well. Babar really is a great show.