Baby Looney Tunes

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Baby Looney Tunes Fan Reviews (77)

7.2
  • A poor man's Muppet Babies

Nuff said!
  • This show is godawful and it ruined the original Looney Tunes, which was, of course, awesome.

I hate Baby Looney Tunes. Even The Looney Tunes Show is better than this.
  • CN and Boomerang replaced Grojband w/ this SH!T?

Boomerang is making such a big deal out of this show, they replaced Hamtaro! I love watching Hamtaro, especially every morning when it is on befor school, and now Baby looney Tunes is on. I had to write a review about this, and when I did, I noticed that there are dozens of people allready writing reviews about it. Hamtaro is truly a classic, and just got its hour long time slot, only to be replaced by BLT. I hope they bring Hamtaro Back to its origional time slot. Until then this new show is boring. And mean! that black cat is so mean, Taz cries & everyone can her it. They don't even look like baby, and they don't have dipers on!

This show is nothing personally but pure shit in my opinion. I've seen it six times and I've never laughed or found it funny in any way. The shows premise is basically about a group of animals naked who lived w/ Granny. The idea is original, and it sounds like a great concept on paper, but on tv it gets terribly excuted and you'll change the channel when you see how terribly excuted this show gets on tv. The characters are overly detailed which makes their designs look disgusting and hideous. Both men and women would have their kids watch something more clean. It's nothing sexual, it's just FCC vilations. The jokes are mainly just sadistic writing, animal abuse and cheesy one liners. Maybe to little kids its funny, but older people like us find it to be immature and childish. I don't mind a bit of crude humor, but this show goes overboard with it. The intro has to be one of the most annoying theme songs I've ever heard in a series as well as the voice acting. I'm sorry, but this show gets an F for me.

Here are the results:

Concept C-, 4/10: The concept sounds great on paper, but on TV it gets horribly excited.

Graphics D. 3/10: They are way too gross!

Characters F-, 1/10: Each character sounds annoying and looks hideous and disgusting. They act nothing like their original counterparts!

Overall stay away from this De Niro awful pile of crap and go watch better shows than this one. Rating: 1.0/10
  • Worst Looney Tunes spin-off

How does this bullsh*t along with Loonatics Unleashed have higher ratings then The Looney Tunes Show? The original shorts and The Looney Tunes Show are way better then both of these spin-offs and The Looney Tunes Show deserves better ratings. I want to send those Looney Tune Show haters to h*ll.
  • A good show for those under 7.

3.5
    Believe it or not, I actually don't entirely hate this apparent abomination. Let me explain. I saw a few episodes when I was a little over the demographic, and found it pleasantly enjoyable. Maybe it was cause I was sick to death with the likes of shows like Dragon Tales and PB&J Otter (which I can't believe doesn't get the hate of this show), and this felt sort of like a breath of fresh air. Or maybe it was just that the animation, score and writing was more of my style.

Either way, it felt like a good show at the time and to me, THE spinoff of the Looney Tunes. I saw the Tiny Toon Adventures once and felt it was some creepy knockoff of the classic stuff, but this was the actual characters. I even, uh, enjoyed it more than the original cartoons, which, as a kid, I didn't really like, seeing as I hadn't learned to appreciate them for their timelessness, amazing animation, adult jokes and undeniable brilliance, instead seeing them only for their formula.

This show, on the other hand, was more entertaining to me. However, I was growing out of the demographic and didn't watch much of it, but I remember loving the episode "Creature From the Chocolate Chip" even though I saw it just once, although I was a little pissed with the ending. Anyways, it's galaxies behind the show of it's namesake, but it's less cheaply animated (though not by much) than the 2011 LT series or the 2003 Duck Dodgers series and Loonatics Unleashed, which it probably sits with (although I, myself, am not an anime fan, and haven't really watched LU).

So in the end, while this show ISN'T the classic Looney Tunes, I look at it as a cheap but sweet kids show that young children can learn from and enjoy at the same time, and which they might look back on nostalgically years later, and maybe even enjoy an episode or two for old time's sake.

One last thing I want to add is there are a few things I honestly dislike about it. The first would be the irregular but unavoidable appearences of new character Melissa Duck and Petunia Pig, Porky's girlfriend who was pretty much forgotten by the mid 40's (which is extremely bizarre considering Porky himself is nowhere to be found). The girls are so much more annoying than the boys, so yeah, here, there is a benefit to having Lola be Smurfette.

The second would be the songs that occur mid-episode. In between the two stories there's a song like on "Dragon Tales", but whereas those were at least original, these are rewrites of those crappy nursery rhymes a lot of us wish we could forget. The only saving grace is that they give us cameos of various characters who rarely or never are seen on the show (Marvin, Wile Pepe le Pew)

And the third would a second season actually exists. The second season, which returned without any notice in early 2005, over two years after the original season aired and continuing after what most people assumed was the last episode, is more like a series of bad Rugrats episode. They hardly are ever at that mansion from the first season---and that's what made it special. The fact that they never left their comfort zone. Oh, and don't even get me started on the new character in the season.

The one saving grace is that there are no songs anymore. Still, I'd advise you that if you ever decide to watch the series, stick to the first season---particularly the episodes without Petunia Pig and Melissa Duck---and avoid the songs.

Well, this review ended up being longer than I expected. I guess it's because I rediscovered the show this year and have a lot to say about it.
  • Wow,I can't believe I used to like this.

3.5
    Even though this show is not as bad as mickey mouse clubhouse ( that show is 100x worse than this show) , it's still pretty bad. I mean, I used to love this show as a kid, but now....... it's just too bland for me. The characters are all annoying ( even bugs ) ,the art style is nothing special and the jokes are just bland and childish. The only reason I'm giving this show a 3.5 score is because it sorta gives me a nostalgic feeling. But other than that, I dislike this show for ruining the good name of the original looney tunes.
  • Cute as babies

The baby looney tunes looked cute as babies!
  • Loved this.

I swear, I loved this cartoon. I used to have my baby Bubs Bunny spoon, I used to eat with all the time as a baby and toddler. I used to love to watch this show. Awesome show.
  • Looney Tunes

Okay this show was easily 8.5 like i remember when i was like 5 years old and I'd wake up and turn the television straight to Cartoon Network and this would be on it had some of the greatest episodes every it would make me feel warm and cozy around the holidays with it's specials and the good thing about this show is when you watch the newer Looney Tunes shows with like bugs and daffy you say they grew up with each other like they really put all the looney tunes characters into one show as babies Hilarious Love it.
  • Not my Looney Tunes!

I'm used to the real crazy versions of the Looney Tunes. The REAL Looney Tunes. Unlike A Pup Named Scooby Doo, The Flinstones Kids, or The Tom and Jerry Kids Show, this is a show with the main characters as babies with 15% of appeal to anyone over six.

This show put me to sleep the first time I saw it. This show is Looney Tunes in the name only! It's pretty much Cailou mixed with the post 2001 episodes of Rugrats. It has no humor whatsoever.

If you want to introduce someone to Looney Tunes, introduce them to the real ones and Tiny Toon Adventures!
  • I'd rather watch Loonatics Unleashed than this junk

If there's one thing that ruins a good show,it's turning them even younger. We've had Muppet Babies,A Pup Named Scooby Doo,Flintstone Kids and Tom and Jerry Kids. Now,let's hear about the worst of them all:Baby Looney Tunes. Now,this is the Looney Tunes,and you would expect slapstick,,explosions and crazy cartoon antics.But no,instead,it's aimed at little kids,and we get a crappy excuse for the Looney tunes. The show is about Bugs,Daffy,Lola,Taz,Tweety and Slyvester as babies. Now,the first problem is continuation. Most of the original Looney Tunes like Gossamer,Witch Hazel,Elmer and Yosemite are not even in here. Second of all,the characters act nothing like their normal selves. Bugs is not clever or witty,and is just a big pussy. Daffy is annoying,and is the worst character of the entire show. He is just a selfish brat who whines about everything. Lola is not as independent as she was before. Taz is a huge cry baby who acts like the Cookie Monster. And Tweety and Sylvester are now friends. And plus,these characters always fight all the time,and cry over everything. The plots are just stupid and are always things we've seen before,like trying to give Taz a bath. And there are always parts that just make me say "WTH?". For example,Tweety had to go to the bathroom,and Floyd had to take him. I know she's a baby,but she's a freakin bird,and she could fly! And what's worse is that during the middle of the episode,there's a freakin musical number. And these always have to be filler for the show itself. Overall,this show is such a disgrace to the Looney Tunes. It acts nothing like it,and just feels like you are watching animators rape the cartoons you loved since childhood. If you want a good spin-off,watch Tiny Toon Adventures and Duck Dodgers
  • Not a bad Looney Tunes cartoon

Why are so many people beginning to hate the Baby Looney Tunes? It's such a great show. Just because it shows the Looney Tunes as babies doesn't mean it's bad.
  • Just because it's aimed at kids does not mean that it should have mocked our beloved Looney Toons

The Looney Toons will always be in my opinion the show that got me interested in cartoons. When I saw it, it always had me laughing and never failed to bring a happy feeling to me. So when I heard of another show of Looney Toons, I was psyched, but only to be really disappointed. Baby Looney Toons is about all the Looney Toons if they were babies, and it's just as bad as it sounds. The artwork and animation is really the only good thing in this show and is decent. All of our favorite Looney Toons act nothing like the ones we grew up watching. Sylvester and Tweety are friends, Bugs is not witty or clever, Lola is not as athletic as we once saw her in Space Jam. The only characters who stayed the same were Taz and Daffey. There is also a huge question to ask when you see the babies. Who is Mellisa and Petunia? When I first saw these characters, I was confused, I never saw them at all in any of the old cartoons and it leaves a big hole as to what happened to them when the grew up. There is also no Porky or Pepe Le Pew at all in this show either. Why? What possible reason could the creators have for not including 2 of the most memorable Looney Toons ever? The plots themselves are just boring. The babies usually discover something new and learn about it at the end. There is absolutely no humor at all in this show, there was not a chuckle or a snicker moment to be found anywhere in this show. Now I know this show is meant for little kids, but it doesn't excuse the fact of how it mocks the Looney Toons. The plots are terrible, there is no humor, and the characters act nothing like the ones that got me into Looney Toons. Stick with the original Looney Toons, not this shameless mess and mockery of a beloved franchise.
  • Just because it has the Looney Tunes in it,doesn't mean that it will be good.

The Looney Tunes will forever be the best cartoon ever made. And some spin-offs were great like Tiny Toon Adventures and Duck Dodgers. However,take out all of the comedy and make it a EDUCATIONAL show,and you get Baby Looney Tunes. Baby Looney Tunes is about Bugs,Daffy and more of the characters of the show going on adventures as babies. So,this is basically the Rugrats,but with the Looney Tunes,and boy does this fail. Seriously,instead of blowing each other up and getting injured,they act nice to each other. Why does it have to be an educational show? Why couldn't they just make it a real cartoon? Now,none of the characters act like their normal selves any more,and they are all cry babies. Bugs isn't clever any more,or brave. Daffy is a complete jerk who throws tantrum all the time,and even swears in one episode. Lola isn't eye candy for bunnies any more,Sylvester and Tweety are now friends and there's no "I tought I taw a puddy tat" any more. Taz is now a cry baby who doesn't go crazy again. Floyd is the babysitter and is annoying. Granny doesn't have a squeaky voice any more,and why is she old if they are babies? There are also appearances by Marvin and Foghorn Leghorn. But seriously,where's Porky and Elmer? They are replaced with Porky's daughter Petunia. Seriously,why was she in the show if that's Porky's daughter? She shouldn't even be alive right now. Man,these writers are brain dead. And why not call the babies brats? Because that's what they are. 90% of the show is just them whining and crying all time,like Caillou. Seriously,these are the Looney Tunes? These so-called "adventures" are golfing,finding a lost toy and going to see a child's band. Where are the explosions? Oh right,this is a educational show. The education just sinks below average. It just teaches kids to be brats and throw fights. Thank god this only lasted 4 years,because it sucked. Avoid this and watch the original Looney Tunes.
  • It really does suck.

1.2
    Man,this puts the original Looney Tunes to shame i did used to like this show but now i've discovered that it's too babyish and it sucks to watch and Lola Bunny looks a little too much like Tails from the Sonic Merchandise(current one)or Tails might of ripped off her but only she is a girl and has no shoes and Taz is a big baby in this one man don't watch this watch the other good old Looney Tunes this is definitely a baby show and should be cancelled forever!
  • Ahm (Tiny Tunes). When I first heard of Tiny Tunes, I was a bitskeptical. No this is no spoiler to anything. I later liked the idea of my favorite Looney Tune Characters having their own children.Now when I heard about Baby Looney Tunes, I felt that was

a dumb idea.
    First and foremost, how would we know, what Charles M Jones would have even written about? It's better to *not* venture into things we have no way of knowing.

But A Show on the Original Characters Children, that was a good idea. And actually, I would love to see more done. Their vacation Movie could have been better, but the show as a whole, was really good.

Why Am I Not Talking About Baby Looney Tunes?
    Because I Avoided watching, feeling it was just degrading to Chuck Jones.

If anyone has a problem with my strong opinion against it, fine!

• This is a good show for little kids!

Baby Looney Tunes features all your favorite Looney Toon characters, but they are all a lot younger in this show! They are all toddlers between the ages of 1-6 years old. They have baby themed adventures and they have fun around the house. (Kind of like Rugrats actually.) But each show does have their differences. Well hey me thinks this show is good for little kids to watch and see their favorite chracters do some cool stuff together. Their parents (especially mothers) probably think this is a good learning type of show for them to watch too. As for me, I'm kind of too old to be watching children's shows like this, but hey the last time I saw this show it isn't that bad at all! Good music are at the end of each episode with their own looney tunes spoofs. Its kind of nice seeing the characters in a younger form. That's too bad I don't see this on Cartoon Network anymore, but when this show was on the air there was a lot of FAR worse shows than this. And to me this show wasn't bad, it was pretty good! But sometimes like now, its good to just watch the cool Looney Toons in their regular adult forms! I love Looney Toons!
  • Hmm...This must be good(30 minutes later)Looney Tunes,what have they done to you?

3.5
    Now,Looney Tune spin-offs like Tiny Toon Adventures or Duck Dodgers are usally good.However,some idiot decided to turn them in babies.And it failed.Baby Looney Tunes is about the looney Tunes cast members as kids.It should've had explosions or a Road-Runner cartoon.But they didn't because this is an EDUCATIONAL show.For god's sake,they are supposed to entertain us,not to educate us.The education just sucks so hard.The characters have turned to little Caillou's,meaning that they are all cry-babys.Bugs is not Clever,Daffy is a jerk,Lola is not awesome and hot anymore,Taz is a crybaby and Sylvester doesn't try to eat Tweety anymore.Also,why does Granny have to take care of them?And why is she still old?She should've been younger.And where's Porky,Elmer and Yosemite?They should've been in here,but at least they survived from being kid friendly.Also,Floyd is as dumb as well.And back to the character thing,An example would be when Bugs tried to go backstage,but he got scared by the crew.When was he scared for once?But forget that.In conclusion,Baby Looney Tunes is a terrible cartoon that shouldn't have been made
  • used to like it

when i was younger i liked it, but i do not think i would now obviously, as i am older i have different tastes. also, i only liked the first season, the second with that new male adult character i seriously could have done without. i personally liked this show a lot because i liked seeing them all as babies, but that would probably not be the same if i were ever to watch it again. from what i remember, a B- or so seems right, but if i watched again it might drop a little, so i don't know if i want to see it again
  • When i saw this show coming up on Cartoon Network

2.5
    I was thinking, oh cool, I'd love to see what the looney tunes characters were like as babies, thinking it would be alot like the original versions, but then i saw it and i was like what is this crap? They turned Daffy into a spoiled brat, the Taz-Manian Devil is such a cry-baby, Lola is a bossy brat, Sylvester is such an attention hog, tweety is boring, and worst of all, Bugs is watered down and weak. In that one episode when Daffy was making fun of Bugs, Bugs gets all hurt over it. The Bugs i remember would've turned around and given Daffy the smackdown instead of acting like a weak little sissy
  • A pathetic rip off of the original.

1.1
    Can we say copyright infringement or not a good show? I am so disgusted that they aired this show to make up for Looney Tunes being gone. Well it is not helping out at all. This is pitiful and pathetic. I wish they would cancel this show for good and let it stay cancelled.
  • Tiny Toons vs. Baby Toons

There's a difference between mocking classic shows, and homaging them. This show straddles the line between homaging and beating on the original, and lands on killing the original's reputation, as well as Tiny Toons' rep. Tiny Toons' theme song is even catchier than theirs...

"We're Tiny, we're Toony, we're all a little Looney! It's Tiny Toon Adventures! Come and join the fun! ...and now our song is done."

Compare it to this:

"Hey there everybody, it's a looniful day
    To have a little fun the Baby Looney Tunes way
    It's lots to do at Granny's house
    Games to play and balls to bounce
    And jump and slide and holler Hurray!

Sylvester, Bugs, and Daffy
    Taz and Lola too
    Tweety's such a sweety
    Now all we need is you

Hey there everybody, it's a looniful day
    To play the Baby Looney Tunes way!"

It's catchy too, but it's too saccharinely catchy, unlike Tiny Toons' theme song. I advise fans of either the original or Tiny Toons to stay away from this mess.
  • This show is very bland and forgetable,and clearly made for profit.

This show is a product of seriouss lack of creativity and a fast way to make more money.The original looney toons are one of the greatest and memorable cartoons in history.The characters were interesting,funny and unique with amazing voice actors.Episodes were well written and cleverly plotted,with beautifull artwork and music.Humor was very witty and apilling to all ages.They had a long run and won many awards.Those were the golden years of cartoons.Lets go back to our time.I dont think there is anything more left to say.Everything nowdays is made for profit.And thats were Baby Looney toons come in.This show is a poor spinoff of the original looney toons.Ofcourse,almost every succesfull cartoon has a spinoff,or even a few.But,i must say that Tiny toons ver awsome and the most underaprreciated cartoons of all time,together with Animaniacs.What makes them so superier to Baby looney toons?They are LOONEY.Baby looney toons are not.They are BORING to the death.Episodes involve around looney toons characters,who are now babies.They live with granny who takes care of them.In every episode they play,then they learn something new, and every episode contains a moderate version of classic nursery rimes.The plot is decent and kid friendly,i have no problem with that.But i have a big problem with characters.Besides babies,they are now compleatly changed in their personality with apsolutley no relation to the original characters.Everyone has a very bland personality,exept Sylvester,who appears to be hypohondrick in this show.But the strangest thing about this show is new characters who were never in the original Looney toons.Who the hell are Melissa and Petunia?Why didnt they add Porky,my favorite Looney toon,besides Daffy.Very weird.The episodes are pretty dull.Yes,its ambed as a kids show,but that doesnt mean that the kids will like it.The humor is awfull and woudldnt even make a toddler giggle.My friends little brother,who is 3,doesnt like this show,but he likes the original.Who can blame him.The wholl show seems to be created by a person who never saw Looney toons episode in his life.Like they just showed him/her apitcure of Looney toons characters,and he/she pitcured them as babies and decided to make show like that.This show has some good moral values,but whats the use if it cant catch toddlers attention.
  • Not so good.

"Baby Looney Tunes", well the show is basically all what the name is that's all. It's all- well some of the characters from the regular cartoon as babies, that's right babies. You're probably thinking "awww how cute, well not quite. I haven't paid close attention to any of the episodes so I don't know any goods or bads of this show. I did go through something and I say this show isn't really worth looking at even for kids. I find this show boring, annoying, and even scary, you probably can't imagine how right? Is this an excuse for then to stop showing the original looney tunes show that everyone loves and wants to see because I would rather watch "Rugrats" then this. It does have a few charming parts in it but because of the rest I say "Baby Looney Tunes" would fit perfectly on the horror channel.

Cartoon Network and Boomerang this has been on TV long enough. Please stop showing this disgrace and bring back the much more descent Looney Tunes back because your not being cute airing this. If you want a lot more kids attention leave it at least to the other spin-offs of the series.

"Tiny Toon Adventures" all the way.
  • they were better as grown ups....

3.5
    this show is boring. i liked the looney tunes when they were grown up. but in this show they're babies?!? i think that this show should've never existed. the plots are lame. CN, take this lame-o show off the air ASAP! if you've seen the original looney tunes, then you might wanna steer clear of this show. it's a good thing it only comes on once a day(in the morning). their voices sound strange,too. i dont like this show.this ends my review on baby looney tunes. xcvbnmsd fghjk sdfg dfghj edrftgyh ujisxwa sdfghj qwerty zxcfvgbhn asdfghj zxcfvbnm sdfghj ertyui sdfghj klfgh
  • It's like Looney Tunes,but for 5-year-olds.

1.5
    This is just a crappy rip-off of the Looney Tunes! Ok,let's do a comparison here:

date of Looney Tunes release and production: 1930's to 1960's.

date of release of THIS: 2002. Hm. Figures.

I'm not telling fans of this show to stop watching it,but to anyone who may be thinking of watching this for the first time: Go ahead. I won't stop you,but,my advice: Don't. Why CN? Why,would you put this crap on your once-lovely network. This is just total garbage. And who the heck are Petunia and Melissa?! I seriously don't know why it's getting all these good reviews. No offense to the fans of this show.
    -wolvesrule221
  • A very cute 'Looney Tunes' series made for little kids.

Yes, it may not be exremly hilarious like 'Tiny Toon Adventures' nor is it like a usual 'Looney Tunes' series but I think this show is perfect for little kids to enjoy. Each episode has a moral to it just like most little kids' do and should and some of them are meant to help teach kids to behave. All of the charactors are cute lovable in their own ways so it makes it even funner for little kids to watch plus it has music videos of the Baby Looney Tunes with songs based off of popular little kids' songs like 'BINGO', 'London Bridge is Falling Down', etc. Even though I'm not a little kid, I still enjoy watching this tv series and I think it's very cute show. Even though it's a little kids' show, it does still have some parodies to other shows once in a while although it's usually a parody of another little kids' show but it's still kind of funny.
  • what the?????

i hate this show and i have always have and i always will! when i saw this i was like "what the hell is this"? i liked it better when the loony toons were adults but as babies? come on. the characters are annoying as babies and that old women who takes care of the loony toons sucks! this show is not even funny what kind of comedy is this show?

too me this show is an annoying waste of time and i recommend that you dont watch this show or else youll die of complete boredom.

atleast they only show this in CN in the morning when im in school. but if they showed this lets say in tonnami or at late at night in Cartoonetwork ill break my TV and throw it out a window.
  • this show is like rugrats...

this show is basically like the looney tunes version of rugrats. looney tunes as babies, discovering new things about life and getting new morals. this shows is pretty much for little kids which is why its shown early in the morning when most people are at skool so i dont know why grown people are complaining about how bad the show is. ill say what i said on my mr.men review ; let the little kids judge it!!!! let it be judged by the people its meant to be judged by sheesh!!! anyways i think this is an ok show as a kids show and it teaches morals that kids should go by to make this place a better world >:O
  • ¢¾¢¾!!The show is okay!!!¢¾¢¾

I think that show is okay because i am 12 years old and it is a lil child show but i watch it with my nephew. It appeared to be a interesting show. When i watch it my favorite characters are tweety bird,taz and lola. But i really like Taz and tweety the most. Also i like how grandma make cookies for everybody.That show is a preschool tv show. Everybody know that it is a lil child show but it is okay for a person of any age to watch this show. That is all from me see ya later....................bye everybody