Babylon 5

And Now for a Word

Aired Monday 7:00 PM May 04, 1995 on

• Cleverly done

Unlike other shows, they worked this into the story so that it fit well. The station has been faced with scrutiny and merchandising in episodes just prior, and so this documentary-like episode fits well. In itself, it was a good way to get some exposition in such as G'Kar's past but keep it subtle.

Sheridan delivers a very warming speech at the end that almost rivals those of Picard. Nice.
  • And Now for a Word

And Now for a Word was a really great episode of Babylon 5 and follows the "Day in the Life Of" pattern of story telling. I enjoyed watching this episode because it had a lot of character and plot development as the Centauri - Narn Conflict heads towards further escalation. I thought this episode was done in a fun way changing up the usual viewer experience. There were many important moments in this episode which move certain story lines forward. The characters really mades this episode awesome. I enjoyed watching the end of this episode and look forward to watching more episodes of Babylon 5!!!!!
  • Is it all worth it?

When I first time saw this episode, I would say, I loved it. It then looked so original for me as I had not seen many series before. But trough years I have seen many series and it looks like some rule that everyone make that kind of "on air" episode and that feeling what I had that this is new and exciting is gone. And now looking it - it has it's tempo and motion because of the constant action going on between Centauri and Narn but... we know that already. Now this has just found their way to Babylon 5. What could be said eyeopening is the way the programm is built. That Psi Corps commercial, that great tempo... some little more emotions..
  • take a look at a different view of babylon 5

i find this episode a bit average. an episode with a differents babylon 5 through the eyes of the inter stellar news network a 45 minute slice of all actions reportage spiced with probing interviews innocent deaths and sinster plots within plots unravelling on air. see utter chaos mayhem and voilents erupts in the comfort of your own home complete with an hilarious ad that makes the sinster psi corps look like baby siters and now for a word comfirms what we always suspected babylon 5 is a great place but you wouldnt want to live there. you dont have to be crazy to work here but it helps.
  • What a novel idea. To film an entire episode from the viewpoint of outsiders. We are treated to a news report from ISN, in the way that every other person would see it on TV.

What a novel idea.

To film an entire episode from the viewpoint of outsiders. Sure, several shows have had reporters enter the scene and get in everyone’s way. But, never like this. In the other shows, the point of view does not change when the reporters show up. In this show, it does. We are treated to a news report from ISN, in the way that every other person would see it on TV.

I found it interesting that Psi-Corp was the only "advertiser" during the show. Nice "subliminal message" from the Corp during the commercial. "The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps." I looked it up and found that technically it is not considered a subliminal message in American because it was on the screen for two long, although in France it was clipped from the episode.

This episode was a refreshing change of pace for the show.