Babylon 5

And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Oct 17, 1996 on

• Oh that was clever

I wasn't sure how G'Kar was going to get out of this one. Didn't see the twist coming at all! Impressive stuff, as always.

Now, this countdown/foreshadowing...
  • And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place

And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place was a superb and extremely engaging complex episode full of character and plot development. I really enjoyed watching all of the little stories start to come together and how each of the characters were going to the next level of their journey's. I thought the way Londo manuevered was brilliant and G'Kar enters a trap. I thought the religious leaders were interesting and had a few good scenes. It was cool to learn what the Shadows are up to. I really enjoyed the ending where Delenn surprised Sheridan with a dream come true!!!!!!!
  • Great episode

Loved it.. First thought.. I somehow always loved the episode. It was not only that G'Kar and Londo played in the same sides what I never thought would be possible. It was not only that lovely moment in War Room about word grouchy.. (loved that part. Great dialog writing) and the whole thing with the priest and that song. I mean.. all those things alone were great but the result, with all of them together.. it was brilliant.

I think my most favorite storyline was the G'Kar and Londo's one. I mean.. the way you never expect that.. you are sure G'Kar will get to the trouble.. all that.. and very good flipping between scenes when they narns go after Refa.
  • JMS has a warped sense of humor... I love it!

I must admit the title of the episode piqued my curiosity, and later when it's revealed what it's a reference to... damn. JMS has a twisted sense of humor. "And now the savage beating to death of a Centauri official set to the bouncy happy tunes of gospel music with ironically appropriate lyrics". I love it. Kinda reminded me of A Clockwork Orange. And I'm not a fan of the things Londo forces Vir to do and the positions he puts him in, but you can't help but be impressed with Londo's political skills. He takes credit for Vir's underground railroading and twists it to use the Narn for his own purposes, gets rid of a dangerous opponent, increases his position and power, and avenges a loved one in one fell swoop. Damn. On a lighter note, the opening scene between Sheridan and Delenn was friggin' adorable, and the little joking/flirting thing they have going on though the whole episode is totally cute.
  • what a great musical ending.

l loved this episode in which londo mollari seeks revenge on lord refa.the intrigue between refa and londo mollari looks set to enter a letal endgame as the biter enemies intensify their manoeuving.g'kar becomes their unwitting pawn,in a sitaution which will only conclude with the death of one of the rivals.the winner's ascent to the centauri throne will be unstoppable.as the intrigue plays out in ancient tunnels beneath the surface of the narn homeworld, a chilling revelation is made at babylon 5. the shadows fleets are corraling millions of refugees into a central sector of the galaxy- to annihilate them.