Babylon 5

Comes the Inquisitor

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Oct 26, 1995 on

• Well that was ripping!

Sorry...

Jack the Ripper - honestly didn't see that one coming! And very "Star Trek", I'm sure I remember him or someone else having a similar story there.

Don't think I have a lot to say about it. But it's good to see Sheridan and Delenn show what good, selfless people they both are, a type of character who I hope prevails in the story of B5.
  • Comes the Inquisitor

Comes the Inquisitor was a perfect and classic episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character development for Delenn and Sheridan. Kosh, the Vorlon Ambassador, has put Delenn to the test to see if she is ready for her role in the battle to come. I thought this episode was interesting as we learned more about the interactions of the Vorlons with Humans. I thought this episode had a great story, and is a part of the Hero's quest pattern of story telling. I look forward to watching more episodes of Babylon 5!!!!!!!
  • Thought provoking

That has been episode I never got.. I mean, it was quite slow compared with last one and there was not much development. It little felt like something.. like calm before the storm to come.

But if to take a closer look, it can be seen, that there is a quite a good message. Even if Sebastien is not very likable char, he has a point and the way he tortures Delenn, tries to figure out who she is.. giving her the change to think, consider and rethink.. I think that was well done and those thoughts he said, really had message.
  • did the vorlons bring jack the ripper onto babylon 5.

in the episode of comes the inquisitor the vorlon ambassador kosh must determine if the minbari ambassador delenn motives are genuine in allying with against the coming onslaught of the evil shadows. kosh summons a bizarre emissary name sebastian who claims to have lived in london england in 1888, sebastion subjests delenn to a series of degrading and torturous test of will power. ambassador delenn falters but when captain sherdian tries to save her and is all most killed in doing it. thats when she proves herself worthly. later captain sherdian discovers that sebastion nickname when he was on earth was jack the ripper.
  • The Vorlon's message

"Who are you?" the very question the Vorlons ask of others. To be one of the few chosen of the universe you ultimately must know yourself before you can become a chosen and that was why the Vorlons sent the inquisitor to test Delen. I loved this episode mainly because that is the question we must ultimately ask of ourselves.
  • Kosh decides that Delenn needs to be tested, to ensure she is the right one to lead the Army of the Light. However, the Inquisitor, is not whom you would expect.

I had hoped to write these reviews (this one and the one before and after it) a few days ago when the episodes were still fresh in my head. However, that did not happen. So the reviews I am about to give are going to be second rate. I’m just going to try to reflect on a few key points, because that’s about all I can manage right now, sad, I know.

I think we all have to view the Vorlons in a different light now. They are not the pure good guys that we have been lead to believe. They use Jack the Ripper to torture Delenn to see if she’s loyal. That is an awfully extreme action, in my eyes. Especially when there is seemingly so little rhyme or reason to his questions and behaviors. They have become much more "grey" in terms of ethics.