Babylon 5

Confessions and Lamentations

Aired Monday 7:00 PM May 25, 1995 on

• B5 is the anti Trek

All I can say is wow. If this was Trek everyone would have been saved except for 1 scientist. Expect the unexpected from this series.
  • Ow... my heart

That was one poignant episode, and it was excellent for all the wrong reasons - as the best TV always is.
  • Confessions and Lamentations

Confessions and Lamentations was a really great episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode because it had an interesting story, character development, and drama. I thought it was fun to watch Dr. Franklin in action as he races to fight the plaque harming certain Aliens on Babylon 5. It was also nice to see more of Sheridan and Delenn getting closer together as they try to learn more about each other's cultures. This episode had some touching scenes and tones of sadness, however it was an excellent character driven story. I look forward to watching more Babylon 5!!!!
  • Thought provoking episode.

From time to time we get very moving and deep episodes what try to remind us the beauty and the cruelty of human nature - and this is one of those episodes.. maybe the best one of those episodes. I have always love this episode, from the first time I saw it. The chars - that Markabi doctor and Franklin - they work very well together and the whole situation - very exploding but they manage to keep it calm and working and then Delenn and her request and going there. It was such a brave thing and the way she is talking.. The compassion she is cable of, the caring heart.. She is also chancing.. looking back where she has come.. beautiful storyline. very sad but true.. and the end, those others taking that this might have been Vorlons and Franklin's reaction..
  • a deadly diesese wipes out a entire race and plantet.

this is a very sad episode confession and lamentations where a entire races is wiped out because of a disease. doctor steven frankin discovers a medical nightmare when a deadly plague 100% contagious and very fatal infects a race called the markab. they first find out that four members of the markab race die in three days and that a transport is found with every crew member dead. dr franklin must icealab the markab from the rest of the station and also for there own safty from other aliens and humans who are afraid that they might get it from the markab.
  • A sad episode where a whole race faces extinction.

A sad episode where a whole race faces extinction. The Markabs are being killed by a virus that is 100% fatal and 100% contagious. This is a bold and costly move by the powers that be. After reading some old interviews with J. Michael Straczynski I have discovered that the Markabs were one of the main alien types used in the show. That in a few scenes, prior to this episode, you could see up to thirty or forty at one time. They have been included prominently in many episodes, even as far as one of them speaking before the Babylon 5 Council. JMS decided to kill a group of aliens that was known to the show, so that it would have a bigger impact. It would have been more meaningless had they created a race strictly for this episode.