Babylon 5

Convictions

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Nov 16, 1995 on

• Yes boom. There IS always a boom, after all.

A terrorism episode. It wasn't even 2001 yet...

This episode is worth it for the Londo and G'Kar scenes alone. It's just so wonderfully absurd - bombs are going off everywhere, people are being killed, these two who absolutely hate each others guts are stuck in a lift together with flames licking around outside and waiting to die, and G'Kar is laughing his head off. It's just one of those iconic moments that I will probably never forget when thinking about the show.

And finally, we continue the dissonance that is Londo's personality, where he's committing genocide one minute and tending to a beloved friend's bedside the next. It just shows how the characters are so many shades of grey, and not just black-and-white, good-vs-evil.
  • Convictions

Convictions was a really great episode of Babylon 5. I enjoyed watching this episode because it had good character driven scenes, especially with Londo and G'Kar. I thought this episode had a good amount of mystery and intrigue, as well as action and drama. I thought the story of this episode was interesting as was the deeper look into some of the characters. It was also cool to see more of the other races. This episode definitely adds to season 3's story line and is entertaining as well. I look forward to watching more episodes of Babylon 5's third season!!!!!
  • Message of fear

So.. This episode did not gave much story development, it can be said, but it was stunning episode in character perspective. First of all, we had G'Kar and Londo and I loved how both of them tried to convince the humans that the other one is to blame of the attacks. And then, ending up together, trapped in the transportation tube and the reasons why G'Kar did not moved at all.. Stunning. This episode really had some great dialogue.

And then we also had Lennier. Something with that char just intrigues me. He is never much on the attention, on focus.. but he is always there, on the background.. and this episode gave him some spotlight and I loved that.

So.. chars had some great moments.. the story of that bomber was somehow good too.. I mean, it was.. but they have just so high standards..
  • g'kar and londo trapped inside the lift.

in this episode of babylon 5 we see a series of massive bombs devistate sections of the babylon 5 space station, which ends up critically injuring lennier and trapping londo and g'kar in a travel tube. its a perfect opoportunity for g'kar to murder his enemy londo but he decides to take his revenge in the strangest sweetest way. when help in finding the terririst comes from the oddist quarter, sherdian and garibaldi discover that the bomber has a ace up his sleeve, a hidden bomb and a very bad temper. this is a great episode and the funny scene in it is when londo and g'kar are trapped in the torbow lift.
  • I love this episode so very much

The bomber is suitably crazy and his showdown with Sheridan at the end is superb. However, the reasons this is one of my all time favourite B5 episodes, lay with Londo and G'Kar. In this we get to witness Londo's confusion when Lennier risks his life to save the Ambassador's; this in turn leads to a subtly written and wonderful glimpse into Londo's caring side. It's amazing to witness him freely exhibiting feelings that are uncomfortable and new to him. The scenes of him at Lennier's hospital bedside are some of the most superbly acted moments in B5 history.

Then of course, the fantastic scenes between Londo and G'Kar when they're stuck in the elevator after another bombing. I was in tears of laughter. Fine piece of comedy/angst and Babylon 5 writing at its very best.