Babylon 5

Into the Fire

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Feb 06, 1997 on

• Wow. Just... wow.

Damn! Talk about a great episode. Big shiny space battle, the war ending, lots of philosophy and some great character moments. I liked that they stuck Ivanova, the sarcastic and practical, with Lorien, the cryptic and mysterious. I loved when Londo finally finds out that it was Morden who killed his dancer hottie and just completely breaks down in grief and smashes the room rockstar style. He gets angry, he yells, but I don't remember ever seeing him break down and lose control like that before. I love his confrontation with Morden: BOOM goes the island with the Shadow ships on it! And Vir finally gets to give Morden his little wave *glee!* And Londo telling Vir to kill him for the good of the planet, and them hugging at the end. This whole episode was just a bounty of awesome Londo stuff. And the whole confrontation with Sheridan and Delenn having to choose between the Shadows and the Vorlons was some great philosophy, order vs. chaos, the responsibility of making your own choices, or refusing to choose between the two sides, the whole thing was fantastic. And it was so cute when the two representatives of the races asked Lorien like little kids if he was coming with them so they wouldn't be alone.