Babylon 5

Messages from Earth (1)

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Feb 22, 1996 on

• Messages from Earth (1)

Messages from Earth (1) was a perfect and very entertaining episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode because we got to see both the White Star and a Shadow ship in action as Sheridan and the 7R group learn that a Shadow ship has been discovered in Earth Space. I also enjoyed the continued development between Marcus and Ivanova with a few touching and fun scenes. Sheridan and Delenn shared a touching moment when the Captain was trying to sleep on a Minbari bed. It was interesting to see that Zack was the only one who was concerned with the path Night Watch is taking. I really like his story line. The ending of this episode has a shocking surprise that will turn Babylon 5 upside down and inside out!!!!!!!
  • Time for hard decisions

I think this three episode story arc is one of my favorites if not the most favorite one. It has just all the things I love about the show - hard decision, great dialog, stunning char moments, great story. I think the signs for this story to come were here all along and even if the last episode before it gave us the hint, I think we were not ready for something so big.

Somehow this has been falling on them for a long time and now they are in position when they have to act against Earth and I love how everyone take it. Sheridan leaving the ship, going closest to Earth he has been over long period of time.. and for what reason and how and meeting his old ship. I loved the anger Ivanova had and living it out on Marcus. Stunning

I really loved the writing on this episode. It was brilliant. To portray something like that, so lively, so deeply and movingly. They got the message trough.. and what kind of message. Loved the episode.
  • the fight against earth starts to begin.

the opening scene is where michael and susan and sherdian are sitting down to breakfast when a waiter comes over and gives susan her breakfast its a surprise from marcus bacon and eggs. michael complains about his breakfast when ivanova and john say 'suaei' short for shut up and eat it. i love that scene. meanwhile marcus is down below fighting some guys who are trying to hurt a woman he is trying to protect. she has information about what she saw regarding the shadows and her life is in danger because of it. she tells the other about it and they must make a choose what to do next. they must take a stand against earth.