Babylon 5

Moments of Transition

Aired Monday 7:00 PM May 22, 1997 on

• Moments of Transition

Moments of Transition was a really great episode of Bablyon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a good mix of stories, characters, and intrigue. It was interesting to see what Bester wanted from Lyta and her reaction. I also thought it was interesting to see Zack ask Lyta to scan Garibaldi. It was interesting to see how Delenn handled the warrior caste and I was surprised at what she accomplished. Delenn definitely changed Minbari culture forever by creating a new council with new members. I was shocked by the ending of this episode and look forward to watching the next one!!!!!
  • Lyta gets hosed and Minbari culture changes forever.

Aha, so it was a trick! Neroon and Delenn planned the whole thing. I have to say, having seen so much of the religious caste through Delenn and Lennier, the idea of warrior Minbari seems strange. And I wasn't digging the leader of the warrior caste. His philosophy seemed kinda dumb; fighting just because it was "what you do", saying that life and death aren't valued or feared, and that death is a release from obligation. I mean, he does turn out to be the "bad guy", but I've heard much more plausible belief systems based on fighting. Hell, the Shadows had better reasons for fighting. Whatever. Delenn's smackdown of him in the temple was cool, and Neroon turned out to be a cool guy. I'm getting really sick of Garibaldi's story. I was hoping he'd do the right thing by Lyta and tell MarsGuy to stick his paycheck where the sun don't shine, but he disappoints yet again. And Bester, the sneaky bastard, is behind the scene pulling the strings. Apparently he has something to do with this, which means Psi Corps was probably involved with what happened to Garibaldi. I feel bad for Lyta though. She did so much to help in the war, and now she has no support system, no cash, and has been forced to rejoin Psi Corps and give Bester the right to her corpse when she dies. Grr. One funny bit of trivia, the guy that asks Garibaldi to find his dog and cat is Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert cartoons. They offered him a guest spot when he wrote in the strip that B5 was Dilbert's favorite show. ;)
  • neroon saving delenn.

this one is great for two reasons. first neroon, finds that he is no longer a warrior but has found religious.and bester asking for lyta's body after she dies.the civil stife on minbar reaches its climax when delenn stakes her life by challenging the leader of the warrior caste to participate in an ancient,deadly ritual to prove who os worthier to lead their people.the fatal twist to this chanllenge?.the winner dies screaming in the starfire wheel.on babylon 5 commander ivanova reports that a detachment of earth cruisers have destroyed vessels carring 10.000 wounded civilans who were fleeing earth's killing zone.outrage, sherdian calls an emergency meeting of the league of non aligned worlds-its time to fight back.