Babylon 5

No Surrender, No Retreat

Aired Monday 7:00 PM May 29, 1997 on

• It's all kicking off!

Isn't this exciting

I like the way G'Kar and Londo's story was resolved here. Given what he's gone through, it's no surprise that G'Kar initially rejected the proposal and did not suddenly become friends, but it also makes sense that he once again put the good of everyone above his own pride. And indeed, these two are just an amazing pairing of characters.

Meanwhile the fight against Earth's forces goes a little better than expected, with Sheridan's great points about soldiers not being robots blindly following illegal orders, finally resonating. It only makes you wonder how it's taken so long.

Finally, Douche Mode Garibaldi moves out to take his side, and we're left wondering how on Earth (or rather, how on Mars) he has changed so much, and whether it's his true self..

I think this one is worth a 10. Great stuff.
  • No Surrender, No Retreat

No Surrender, No Retreat was a perfect, action packed, character driven, and awesome episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode as Londo tried to pull a Sheridan by asking G'Kar to sign a statement supporting Sheridan's actions and plans. Londo and G'Kar's scenes together were great. It was also cool to see the White Star Fleet in action again as Sheridan took back Proxima 3. It was cool to see some familiar faces. I thought it was great how some of the ships decided not to fight, and eventually sign on with Sheridan's campaign. Sheridan gives great speaches. I look forward to the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Londo and G'Kar are incredible

More space battles and a fantastic scene between Londo and G'Kar. Seriously, I could sit and watch those two interact all day. Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulas are friggin' amazing. I'm really upset now that Andreas Katsulas is dead, and I won't be able to watch him in anything new. Sheridan is finally going after President Clark's forces directly and we get into the age old discussion of the moral obligation of soldiers to question illegal orders. I don't watch Scrubs, but I've caught an episode or two and it was funny to see the crotchety old doctor from that show playing a military captain.
  • londo and g'kar

the fight to take back earth starts here.the fascist earth goverment. has blockaded proxima 3, a neutral world, and is destroying any vessel attemping to break the blockage.sherdian personally leads a massive alliance fleet to proxima, and for the first time babylon 5 forces engage earth gov,forces in savage combat.meanwhile, londo wants g'kar to request that the narn goverment issues a joint statement with the centauri in support of sherdian,which would inspire other worlds to uphold sherdian's cause. g'kar bitterly rejects such an unprecedented alliance between the long time enemines, but should he let hatred rule his heart.no surrender no retreat.