Babylon 5

Objects at Rest

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Nov 18, 1998 on

• OK

I get it, objects in motion, objects at rest. Clever. OK, so as soon as Lennier showed up I knew something was going to go wrong. I'm at least glad he didn't do anything to actively cause a problem, but given the opportunity he didn't help Sheridan. Granted, he changed his mind, but still. Can't say I got too worked up about it though. I like Sheridan and Delenn, and they've had some great lines, but that aspect of the show never really drew me in, and the Minbari were always the least interesting alien race, so I feel a bit 'meh' over the whole thing. And the whole old guard/new generation thing when they looked back at Babylon 5 was kinda cute, although to me it was a bit more like "ok, all the people you cared about are scattered around doing their thing, and all the people you don't give a crap about are staying." I liked that Londo showed up on Minbar, and knowing that the parasite can be put out of commission with liquor I was ticked that Minbar is a dry planet. I felt bad for him. I wonder exactly what Delenn sensed at the dinner table, and what happened with the gift he left for their son.
  • This show had about four finales. Great Characters though keep you interested. Good turn by Bill Mumy

I've been using Netflix to re-watch some Babylon 5 recently and it's holding up pretty well. But, I am a little more critical of it now. This episode is kind of boring. Objects at Rest is the right title for it. I know it's not supposed to have a lot of action, but it's pretty slow.
    The two best parts of it are Bill Mumy's Lenier showing a dark side by wanting (briefly) Sheridan to die. It's a direction you don't want the character to go in...but you understand it. Mumy has had an up-and-down career to say the least but this is a shining moment for him. You feel for him and he pulls it off.
    A tear-jerker moment in the show is when Sheridan salutes the C&C staff. Brilliant Chris Franke music. Awesome.
    Overall a little too "restful". But, redeemed by those moments. I'm also writing this on the heals of the passing of Andreas Katsulas. His work as G'Kar along with his chemistry with Peter Jurasik's Londo was one of the highlights of this series. Watching them work together is as much fun as watching Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelley go at it.
  • Objects at Rest

Objects at Rest was a superb episode of Babylon 5 as Dr. Franklin picks his replacement, Sheridan prepares to go to Minbar with Delenn to live at the new headquarters, and it was cool to see some of the characters replacements on Babylon 5. I enjoyed Londo's surprise visit on Minbar to greet Sheridan and Delenn, which apparently was a cover for his true purpose there. The scenes where Londo talks through the keeper were kind of creepy but perfect. I enjoyed watching this episode because it wrapped every thing up pretty nicely though I wish to know more about what will happen on Centauri Prime and to Londo. I look forward to more Babylon 5!!!!!!!
  • we say goodbye to all the people we have grow to love.

this is the final episode is the babylon 5 show. lisa and michael have left babylon 5 to go to mars for good where he takes over edger industries. steven has also left babylon 5 to go to earth to work back there. g'kar and lyta have gone. and londo is back on centuri prime where he is all alone. sherdian and delenn are leaving to go to minbari. we see a dark side to lenner where there is nearly a accident with sherdian, where he is trapped and lenner leaves him there to die, but comes back to late and runs away. the best scene is where we see sheridan salutes the c and c staff as they say there goodbye to there friend.