Babylon 5

Severed Dreams (3)

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Apr 04, 1996 on

• Probably Babylon 5's best episode - a blaze of glory

This and the last two episodes are simply amazing - three episodes which really push the story arc forwards. This episode offers an amazing display of character development and overall story development in one.

Delenn proves her valor, so does G'Kar, aber this episode is the final proof that Sheridan is destined for greatness. This single episode offers more than many excellent movies and completes Babylon 5's transformation from a mere space station with diplomatic importance to the pivotal place in the galaxy.

Sheridan the soldier becomes the leader who is required to retake Earth from an Adolf Hitler-like President Clark and to defeat the Shadoes once and for all.
  • Sheridan finally takes a stand against clarke but will it be his last?

The earth alliance civil war comes to babylon 5 s doorstep
    The alexander seeks repairs at the station knowing that soon earth will discover this they cut all communications on board and issue a statement declaring independance.
    Another destroyer ,The Churchill,arrives and joins the rebels .
    The tension builds until the earth fleet arrive.
    Two destroyers and two heavy cruisers jump in
    and launch fighters ,sheridan tries to reason with the commander but he opens fire.
    the battle is intense and ivanova has her fighter destroyed.
    the station takes heavy damage and is boarded by several squads of marines.Sheridan destroys one of the enemy ships
    and the churchill`s captain ,with her ship badley damaged ,does a kamakaze against the enemy.
    The narns and the human soldiers engage the boarding marines
    and many are shot or stabbed in brutal close quaters fighting in down below.Even mister garibaldi is injured.

As it looks like a bloody victory until more earth ships arrive and order their surrender.As 3 more jump points form sheridan closes his eyes and thinks hes a dead man walking.
    Minbari ship spill througth the jump points and the earth ships retreat ,deelen has broken the grey council and convienced some to follow her lead.
    sheridan and deelen walk through the station as a crowd gathers and claps thier efforts.

A fantastic episode
    one viewers have been waiting for a long time
    earth has long been a place of coruption
    and the evidence of president clarkes assasination of his predessesor only pushed them over the edge.
    A fantastic effects laiden master piece.
    But not because of the effects
    it is a spectatular pay off for fans of the show an the eart/clark plot line
  • the fight begins

sherdian has had enough and declares to fight earth and president clark. delenn heads back to talk to the grey coucil and tell them they have to help fight the war that is to about to happen. captain sherdian tells franklin to clear medlab because they are going to need the space. he gets every body ready for the fight. michael garibaldi and his security team with the help of the narns begin the fight with the marines. many are hurt and killed. delenn comes back in time to fight off the ships that are trying to attack the station. they then back off. they have one this fight so far but at what cost.
  • One of the best, if not the best, episode of Babylon 5

This is it. This is their stand. Last two episodes have been amazing but this one is even better. It is amazing episode, packed from the start to end with all kind of action, stunning space battles, brilliant writing, hard moments and decisions, amazing acting. This is just episode you can watch and watch again.

I love the way they show the decisions they are making. They are not just heroes. You could get the story and bring it out easily.. but no, they are making it as hard as it is, showing all the aspects of human heart, showing that it is not easy for them to fire their own people even for protect themselves. It is not easy for them to take such a huge step. But they do and how that is done.. stunning.

And even if it is Sheridan and co episode, it is also Delenn's. I just love the lines she has, going to the Council, all the things she says. They knew it was coming, but they did not acted. Now she does. And it is brilliant, the moment when the first wave of fight is over.. and new hyperpoints forming and they know they cannot take it much longer.. and she comes. It might have been best moment on Sheridan's life, but it for sure, was best moment of that episode.

So powerful, so stunning and so hard on emotion. Amazing episode.
  • Severed Dreams (3)

Severed Dreams (3) was a perfect, spectacular and awesome episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there were a lot of cool space battle scenes. Two Earth ships who stood against President Clark have come to Babylon 5, Sheridan is forced to declare Babylon 5 an Independant State, and the Clark Loyalist are forced to retreat when some Minbari ships show up to protect Babylon 5. I thought Delenn, Sheridan, Ivanova, and others all had a lot of character development. This epiosde was intriguing, full of action, and maintained humor as well. I look forward to watching the next episode of Babylon 5!!!!!!!
  • JMS is one of my gods...

I have just watched this episode again today, for about the fifteenth time, at least. This one, along with Messages From Earth, and Point of No Return make up three of the most powerful episodes of television that I have ever seen. In these three episodes, the entire focus of a series changes and moves to a new level of intensity.

The first two seasons were mainly setup - of location, background, character development - the mythology, if you will. With this trilogy, so many of the previous hints and clues become clear and I found myself sitting there, transfixed, the first time I saw it. It still has that effect on me, and I know what's coming. There are two more episodes this season that are also supremely powerful - War Without End Pts 1 & 2 - they also had many revelations and more questions for further along the line.

This episode is heartrending and heartwarming at the same time - you see John lose his faith in Earthforce and all that EarthGov stands for, yet at the same time, you see a major leap forward in the relationship between John and Delenn. You also see how much of an effect he has had on Babylon 5 in the time he has been there in the response to his actions by the residents of the station.

The music, as always is fantastic - Christopher Franke did a marvelous job from day one in scoring this show. That was one thing I didn't like about Crusade - I always thought that for some small level of continuity they should have kept his music for the show.

As you can tell, I love this show - I honestly don't think I've seen it's equal on television since it ended. I think I might have to go watch some more of my DVD's... :)