Babylon 5

Ship of Tears

Aired Monday 7:00 PM May 02, 1996 on

• Ship of Tears

Ship of Tears was a really superb episode of Babylon 5 and I enjoyed watching it because there were many character and plot developments. Bester returning to Babylon 5 with valuable tactical information regarding the shadows was a great story. I thought it was interesting what was happening to telepaths, and seeing the visions of one Franklin awakened. After G'Kar approaches Ivanova demanding to be a part of the War Council Delenn decides it is time to tell him the truth about her silence on the enemy as Narn was being attacked. The ending of this episode had amazing revelations and I look forward to watching more Babylon 5!!!!!
  • The war is now on open..

Major development episode + Bester. Sounds amazing? It is.

I never liked Bester but this episode really shows his more human side.. not that it is much more pleasant but still. He is capable of feelings and coping with Babylon 5.. but as Susan said: when it is over, he will turn against them, for sure.

Even thought the episode was very busy, very much happening, I loved the ending most. The way Garibaldi just figures out what the shadows are afraid and the smile on his face when he is telling it to the other. Brilliant. Also having G'Kar in the punch, is great. He was kept out of the loop for quite too long.
  • Bester's Back!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, aka Bester. What a strange twist of circumstances. Bester is a creature of motivated self-interest. I can't quite put my finger on why I like Rygel in Farscape better, though. Maybe because he's funnier. Although Bester had some good lines in this. I can't remember if it was a quote someone said, or if it just came up in conversation, but I thought it said something about Walter Koenig's acting ability that people laugh at Chekov, "nookular wessels" and all that, but nobody laughs at Bester. Bester is not someone with whom to frak. And to be able to go from goofy comic relief to sinister and quietly powerful is pretty cool.
  • the return of bester

in this episode of babylon 5 ship of tears we are renighted with our favourite villians, mr bester.while in hyper space sherdian is taking a fighter out for a test drive,while his out there he comes across bester.bester informs him he needs there melded with high technology.the perfect killing machines,and they work for the shadows.captain sheridan teams up with mr bester the psi-corps hatcher man, to uncover the truth behind this horrific discovery.are bester's intentions as good as they seem, or does he have a deeper darker purpose.we also learn that bester has a lover who has been planted by psi-corps onto the shawdow ship.