Babylon 5

The Fall of Centauri Prime (2)

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Oct 28, 1998 on

• Poor Londo

Doom! Gods, what a depressing episode. Great stuff for Peter Jurasik, and damn does he pull it off. Finding out about the Drakh and the parasites (gross), realizing that the Drakh have the planet hostage and how he has to sacrifice himself to save his people. And the stuff with Londo and G'Kar; saving G'Kar from the cell, saying goodbye and cryptically explaining/apologizing in advance for what the parasite will make him do in the future, his line about the trade-off between power and choices, protecting Vir from what was going on, and getting him off planet... the whole episode was just a slow crushing march towards an end of despair. The whole time I was thinking "Poor Londo", and they just nailed it home with that little montage where they show clips of him from the previous seasons, how he went from drunk and happy and a bit harmless and descended into his alliance with the Shadows, bounced back up, but he stills ends up here. *sigh* Also, Lennier finally reveals his feelings to Delenn, but they avoided that nicely at the end. That whole storyline felt a bit tacked on, but I suppose you had to have something going on besides the stuff on Centauri Prime.
  • The Fall of Centauri Prime (2)

The Fall of Centauri Prime (2) was another perfect episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching as Londo confronted the Drahk and became Emperor. Sheridan was at odds with the Narn and Drazi. Delenn was still missing and Centauri Cruisers were approaching. It was sad to see Londo accept his fate. I think this episode has a strong element of be careful what you wish for. The Universe will give it to you in an unexpected way. I was hoping to see the same type of Drahk from before when they met Delenn. I look forward to watching more episodes!!!!!!!
  • londo is now all alone on his world as he cuts off ties between every one.

centuri prime is under attack. the regent has turned off the defence system to the world. so the other races are now attacking them. londo saves g'kar from the cell before he is killed. the regent tells londo who is behind the war with the other there are called the drakh. meanwhile delenn ship is missing. while a injuryed lenner tells delenn who he feels for her they are rescued. centuri prime is now on fire. they now stand alone. londo says a emtional good bye to his old friend g'kar. i must say i love the scene between the two of them as they say good bye.
  • centuri prime gets a taste of its own medicine londo becomes the drahks biatch

7.8
    The combined Drazi/Narn Fleet arrives and deals devastion on a planetary scale .
    Londo finally meets the puppet masters
    and the regent dies .

quite a lot to squeeze into an episode
    the amazing achievment of this episode is that it
    creates sympathy for londo and his fate
    despite all that his descisions
    have cost the galaxy.

We kinda already know the end of the story
    as told in war without end part 2