Babylon 5

The Summoning

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Nov 21, 1996 on

• The Summoning

The Summoning was a perfect, entertaining and complex episode of Babylon 5. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of action, drama, intrigue, character and plot development. I thought it was cool how Sheridan met Lorien who asked Who Are You? What Do You Want? Both very important questions in the mythology of this series. I also enjoyed the Garibaldi story where he is missing and we see him locked up in a cell not knowing anything that is going on. I also enjoyed Ivanova and Marcus working together and it was cool to see them discover a massive Vorlon fleet tucked away in a pocket of Hyperspace. I look forward to the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Caught in the middle

Another realy strong episode. Just love the storyline on Centauri. Londo and G'Kar.. they are just so strong chars and their belief in their own right and wrong.. and their.. strength.. and price. It just stunning on screen. The scene on that "secret place".. Those 40 seconds.. forth wipes.. looking those faces.. what a scene.

And ofcourse, the whole way they brought Sheridan back. Coming from death.. arriving in a way he did, making everyone be sure about his plans and his way of doing things.. It was huge.

And ofocurse.. huge was also the development on Vorlons front. That was.. unexpected and creates even more tension and high stakes.
  • Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik are amazing.

Ivanova's mangled Minbari speech was funny. And her little interaction when she finds out Marcus is a virgin was cute too. More great stuff with Londo and G'Kar, Londo asking G'Kar to scream to save his life, and knowing that yes, he really does know what he's asking. More crazy emperor too. I love how after seeing the emperor's hands literally covered in G'Kar's blood Vir goes from wanting there to be an alternative to killing him to being fully on board. And I was pissed to see them dressing G'Kar up as a jester and trying to get him to beg. Makes me want to reach through the screen and slap them. You can't do that to G'Kar. It's just wrong. NewKosh continues to be a prick although I'm not caring so much anymore now that the Vorlons have gone mad and started destroying whole worlds. Fantastic. Sucks for Lyta though.
  • the vorlons attack the shadows.

the summoning. A miracle,Captain sherdian survived the nuclar holocaust he unleashed on the shadows homeworld of zha'dum.his return to babylon 5 accompanied by lorrien, the enigmatic being he met at shadows.triumph is however tempered by the incredibile news that the vorlons have unleashed the planted killer, a ship big enought to vapourise entire worlds, to destroy any place or world touched by the shadows.and that includes babylon 5.meanwhile the mystery of garibalds disapperance may be at last be sovled,and g'kar suffers unspeakable acts of tortures at the hands of the insane emperor cartagia as poor londo and vir look on helpless.