Babylon 5

Voices of Authority

Aired Monday 7:00 PM Feb 01, 1996 on

• Voices of Authority

Voices of Authority was a really great episode of Babylon 5. I enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character and plot development. The Earth Government has appointed a new political officer to Babylon 5 and she is quite the believer. I thought her character was very interesting and that the multiple story lines of this episode had a lot of character development, action, drama, intrigue, and moved the season forward. I wish we could have learned more about the first ones that Ivanova contacted on her mission aboard the WhiteStar. It was cool to see Draal again, and it was witty how Ivanova impressed him. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Ann Coulter in Space

The Ministry of Peace and NightWatch are really beginning to annoy me. Actually, they remind me a lot of the Imperial Order in Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, especially in Faith of the Fallen which I just finished rereading yesterday. Odd timing. That chick they sent to be the political officer is a frelling viper. 80% of the things she says make me want to strangle her. ...ohmigod, I get it! It's the Adventures of Ann Coulter in Space. Kenickie the Security Officer is starting to bother/worry me. But Ivanova continues to kick serious ass, with her comments to Draal about surprises, and the way she used shame and reverse psychology to enlist the help of those First Ones. Ivanova rules. Marcus had some good lines too. I'm liking the back and forth chatter between those two.
  • Preparations...

... for coming war.. So, when couple of last episodes have been developments of chars and building the route for future, then this one develops the main storyline.. And it does it by developing it to quite scary direction. I mean, Nightwatch has been hunting everyone for some times but this.. The conversation Sheridan and that political officer had in Open Air.. If things are going like that on Earth.. that's scary. And other people are getting closer too. G'Kar suspects something and Zack.. he also has some moral dilemmas between what he thinks is right and what he is told.

And ofcourse.. we had the First Ones storyline.. a big lead from there.. I mean, they met some.. they got the proof what they had all suspected.. It is all going to get very intense..
  • susans finds out the truth about what clark had done.

the search for new allies continues as the battle against the shadows gets desperate. using the colossal great machine on epsilon 3 susan ivanova locates the first ones powerful creatures that walked the space between stars when the universe was young and the fought the shadows many times in the past. its up to ivanova and marcus to travel the sigma 957 distants point in the galaxy to make contact. meanwhile captain sherdian must negotiate the velvet clutches of a beautiful nightwatch officer sent to winkle out his secerts by seducing him. garibaldi also confronts zac about his loyalty to him or nightwatch.