Rumored to be Picked Up

quiksilver_16

[1]May 10, 2007
    • level: 12

Entertainment Insider Travis Yanan is reporting that Babylon Fields has been picked up by CBS and will premiere this fall on Fridays at 9:00 PM.

Of course, take this lightly as nothing is official until upfronts are released.

Source

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SoylentYellow

[2]May 14, 2007
    • level: 21

http://www.nku.edu/~manningj1/CBS2007.htm

Thats the latest rumor. The concept sounds rather lame but who knows...   Zombie Comedy-Drama?  I dunno... its just reminds me of an awful sitcom "Whoops!" that aired back in the 80s based on the premise of the series that Ive read about.

Ive also heard that the 9PM Friday time slot may be shared with Jericho, each getting 1/2 of the Season.  Or if Babylon Fields ratings are too low, it will be axed and replaced with Jerichos Season 2.

The official CBS schedule is supposed to be released Wednesday May 16th.

Edited on 05/14/2007 5:27am

ProcQueen

[3]May 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    Now a bunch of articles are saying Moonlight (was called Twilight) about a PI who's also a vampire, is gettting picked up, and not Babylon Fields.  I'd much, much rather see Babylon Fields.

kidsteel

[4]May 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    This is crazy.  Every article had Babylon Fields getting picked up.  I certainly hope it at least gets to be a mid-season replacement.  Who wants to see a Vampire investigator??? DUMB! 

MDB316

[5]May 16, 2007
    • level: 13

www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070516cbs02

CBS new line up and Babylon Fields isn't on it, looks like they've gone with the Angel rip-off instead. Shame. This coupled with them nuking Jericho means i won't be watching CBS next season. I have very little interest in any of their other lame shows.

I hope the new trend isn't just to copy old shows with one or two minute twists, NBC's "Journeyman" seems almost like a carbon copy of Quantum Leap

samosfromhalo

[6]May 17, 2007
    • level: 10
    They actually had a choice between the Swinger show and Babylon Fields (which is what it apparently came down to) and they chose the swinger show. They also axed Jericho. CBS totally sucks. But I'll still watch it for Moonlight and (maybe) Big Bang Theory.

kidsteel

[7]May 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/05172007/gossip/cindy/n_y__gets_upfront_and_very_personal_cindy_cindy_adams.htm?page=1
    In this article Cindy Adams reports that Babylon Fields did get picked up....I'm confused.

maaarin

[8]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 18
    I know the topic' old, but I just read that CBS did pick up the show?! And that they are considering two more comedies - The Captain and I'm in hell...

I heard rumors about The Captain, but nothing about I'm in heel and Babylon fields... WTF?

MistaC87

[9]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 18
    If CBS is going to give producers money to make a pilot, they at least should air it to see what the audience thinks.

angrodpallanen

[10]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 22
    The pre-air DVD-Rip version of the pilot was released today, so the pilot is already finished. A pick-up is likely since CBS is running out of shows with new episodes.

tvdavid

[11]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    A pick-up is likely since CBS is running out of shows with new episodes.

That would only be true if they had scripts written, but they don't seem to have ordered any before the strike.

brooza

[12]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    Saw it today

Interesting concept, but I'm not 100% convinced. Between this and moonlight, from the first episode moonlight wins.

Would be good to see a bit more of it though

bens123

[13]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 5

EDIT: slight Spoilers Warning

This show absolutely blew me away, the first episode anyway. It's so brilliantly dark, I don't know why it was labelled as a comedic drama as someone went to watch it as one and so gave it a 5.5 instead of just viewing it with an open mind. But it did have the odd moment of jet-black humor that made me chuckle abit, but definitely not a comedy.

SOO much better than that show they gave the other soldier from Rome to, the yawnfest Journeyman. Little things like the symbolism in the names and whatnot and mentions of false flag attacks and when the bad zombie penetrated his skull with his finger and smiled in a weirdly perverse way. What an ending too!

Deep, amazing show which tackles how different belief systems would react to an event like this, and death in general.

It's probably dead in the water though, maybe they could turn it into a movie or something. This one episode is enough though and I'll no doubt watch it many times.

Edited on 01/02/2008 1:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Hulkamaniac14

[14]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 17

Bens123
    Journeyman wasn't it's opposition so why in the hell would you bring that into question? You should've watched more than one episode then it wouldn't be "lame". It you wactched any other episode besides the pilot then of course you wouldn't get it every minutes of every episode was continuation not really new just continuing but not as continuing as say, Damages.

MistaC87
    I agree with you they should put it on tv.Everyone should be able to see it.

samosfromhalo
    I don't know where you got from that it was Swingtown vs Babylon Fields since CBS outright said it was Babylon Fields that would occupy the Friday at 9/8c timeslot then sneak attacked us at upfronts withthe Vampire PI, Angel ripoff, Blood Ties like-Moonlight.

It actually pisses me off that Moonlight was chosen since Blood Ties is currently on tv and has a very similar format, Blood Ties = AVampire help a PIfight vampires and supernatural things! It's just 2 characters rolled into one on Moonlight with the help of his friend Vampires!

bens123

[15]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    Hulkamaniac14 wrote:

Bens123
    Journeyman wasn't it's opposition so why in the hell would you bring that into question? You should've watched more than one episode then it wouldn't be "lame". It you wactched any other episode besides the pilot then of course you wouldn't get it every minutes of every episode was continuation not really new just continuing but not as continuing as say, Damages.

I brought up Journeyman because I'm a Rome fan (I clearly mentioned that I was talking in reference to that) and I was talking about the British double act soldiers from Rome, one of them got their own new show picked up (Journeyman) and the other one didn't (Babylon Fields). I wasn't aware I was bringing Journeyman "into question", just offering my opinion on what I thought of it and that other far better shows like Babylon Fields do not get picked up by the networks, I have no idea which show was competing for what slot or whatever.

Why do you assume I only watched the pilot and then dismissed it as "lame" (isn't that "" implying I said lame? slander!). I gave the show a chance, I watched the first 3 episodes hoping the show would pick up pace or have some interesting stories (I usually love time travelling type stuff but this was quite boring for me) or at least one likeable character or anything at all. I have no idea what you are trying to say in the last sentence I've quoted... obviously each episode continues from the last (there's a "previously on Journeyman" bit every episode so yeah...), I get it, his ex-girlfriend (who everyone thought died in a plane crash, but she didn't... oooohhhh how'd she do that!:roll is stuck in some time warp thing or whatever with him that he (and us) don't yet understand and it's going to clash with his current partner, that kind of relationship romance sh** does not keep me interested for very long.

Babylon Fields does however, for the reasons stated in my previous post. And I was posting in a Babylon Fields forum, not a Journeyman forum so I don't see why you feel the need to defend it's honour... It's not like I came on the Journeyman forum and started being a troll. I guess you like the show and alot of people do, that's cool, each to his own.

You're so right about the Moonlight/Blood Ties thing though, I was very confused when I was reading about them, they're almost literally the same show, the networks are damn insane and downright cowardly! Do we really need more F-in P.I. shows, or even worse more F-in vampire shows?! No. We need apocalyptic original takes on the zombie genre... I do anyway.

Edited on 01/31/2008 4:10pm