Back at the Barnyard Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2011)

HasThis Show Been Canceled?

Should This Show Still Make Episodes?

nostalgiafan1

[1]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 10
    Is this show still going to be making new episodes, even though that new "Penguins of Madagascar" show is on? I know that they stopped making Jimmy Neutron right before Back at the Barnyard, and I was curious if it was the same case.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PlatypusMaster

[2]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 5

Unless the people at Nick are completely stupid, they will keep this show going. It's popular and its pretty obvious they're running out of ideas for new shows. Also, they aired like 10 new episodes in a month before they put the Penguins on.

Well, if they are stupid and do take it away, what will they have? They have Spongebob, which is obviously the most popular, but not much else. The Mighty B sucks, Tak and the Power of Juju sucks too and I'm not even sure if it's still running. Fairly OddParents is good, but they show like 1-2 episodes a day and don't make new ones very often. Then of couse Penguins, which is good but it's still new and I have no idea how it is going to fare in the long run.

JellyFishJammer

[3]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 29
    I don't think it'll get cancelled just yet. It's not doing too bad on the ratings, and I personally like it and find it funny, but I think it will end between the next 2 years.

piratechowder

[4]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    It's got a bit of lifespan ahead of it :]
    It gets alot of veiws, going like its going now, it should last at least a year more.

coolkitten144

[5]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 9
    Back at the Barnyard, SpongeBob, The Mighty B!, Penguins, and the Fairly OddParents are all currently in production, along with the new Jimmy Neutron spinoff series and various other pilots Nick is considering.

The Fairly OddParents is the most likely candidate for cancellation, Nick ordered 20 episodes for the Mighty B!'s second season, The Penguins have at least 52 episodes ordered, SpongeBob is celebrating its' 10th anniversary this summer, and Barnyard still has the rest of its' second season to go.

And based on ratings, Barnyard is doing fairly well. SpongeBob is consistently the highest rated show on the network, and is currently followed by Penguins. Before Peguins premiered, Barnyard had the second-highest ratings, but has now slipped to third. The Mighty B! is fourth, and the Fairly OddParents brings up the rear.

gideonbernstein

[6]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 43
    The Fairly OddParents have been renewed for another season, and I hear The Mighty B has been cancelled.

THEBatBOtisfan

[7]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 2
    I really, REALLY hope this show won't get cancelled! For some stupid reason, Nick doesn't seem to show it as much as its other shows. But it's very popular and I heard that the Barnyard animators have finished the 3rd season, so hopefully it'll last for at least another season. It is my absolute FAVORITE show!!! If it gets cancelled I'll never watch Nick again!!