Back at the Barnyard Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2011)

New BATB Episodes Airing On Nicktoons Network

frzfaceoffhater

[1]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 2

The Title Explains It All! ItFinallyOf Hiatus!

Edited on 08/29/2011 3:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

i_heart_nick

[2]Aug 29, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm so pumped for the new episodes.

mahesh2001

[3]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 11

The New Episodes On Nicktoons Network Start Monday at 6

mxcmm

[4]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 7
    Bout time!!!

UnovaChampion

[5]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 17
    Was Aliens!!! the final episode of Back of the Barnyard? If so, it's sad to see it go, it was a fun, creative, ad weird show that had a good run. I'm starting to wonder when Nick will decide to finish one of its shows on its actual main channel though.

BATB: 2007-2011

mxcmm

[6]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 7
    I know the show was fun and creative to watch. Sad to see it go too!!

alexspotsme

[7]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 15
    The show never failed to amuse me. I really loved watching the show, especially the final episode.

Fun humor and great originality and spoof elements. Sad to see a long going Nicktoon end so soon. :/

BlackTulip009

[8]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 12

This show wasn't nearly as bad as it was widely made out of be. In fact, it was frequently much more than merely watchable--it was pretty darned funny and good. I might even name it the fourth best post-90s Nick show (and the late 80s-90s were the absolute golden age and heyday of Nickelodeon) after Spongebob, The Fairly Oddparents, and Jimmy Neutron. Those three basically worked together to keep the channel watchable after all of the 90s series stopped being aired, so thank goodness they were shown as much as they were. Now that this is gone, their best new show is Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness. Spongebob's new episodes have been hit-and-miss for some time now, and as it continues to slip, I'd say the show will have probably run its course pretty soon, and will be long and perfect enough for everyone when they finally decide to cancel it once and for all. It has had a good, long run. The Fairly Oddparents introduced Poof a bit late in the game, perhaps trying to reinvigorate the show...alas, there were some good "Poof episodes," and now that show is hardly being shown or promoted. Poor Jimmy Neutron, always a wonderful and underrated one, is completely gone. Kung Fu Panda and the occasional Spongebob are my only reasons to watch modern Nick now? (Aside, of course, from the nightly dose of 90s...)

What has the world come to? I always wonder why such decisions are made: Do away with the pure gold you used to have, to make room for the endless and mostly mediocre-to-lame new attempts at productions. D: Yeah, I support turning the now-useless Nicktoons Network into a 24-hour 90s time warp, complete with the bumpers and commercials from the time. Just a total reversal of the clock, to make us feel as though we're literally back there. It must include the proper old Nick at Nite and Nick, Jr. blocks, of course, complete with Block Party Summers. The Nanny and maybe a few other shows have been just about the only things worth watching on Nick at Nite in recent years. Their 24-hour Nick Jr. network (formerly known as Noggin, which I liked as a name, but ah well...now both Nick and Nick, Jr. get to go uninterrupted by one another) of today is absolutely wonderful, but but we still need our 90s (Face, Philomena Fly, Puzzle Place, Eureeka's Castle, Allegra's Window, Gullah Gullah Island, The Busy World of Richard Scarry, Rupert...you know what I'm talkin' 'bout...) Besides, Stick Stickly and Moose A. Moose share a voice actor, and would gladly coexist. I mean, far and away my least favorite shows on Nick, Jr. now are 'Dora the Explorer' and 'Go, Diego, Go!'—and they're made bearable by Swiper the fox, the big red chicken, cute animals, etc. Almost all the rest range from pretty good to absolutely great (and there are a lot of the latter.) So that's one channel they've gotten right and can keep (make that "had better keep"&hellip And again, while I loved the name Noggin for it, I suppose so having separate 24-7 channels for Nickelodeon and Nick, Jr. is a good idea. Perhaps they could designate a certain time slot for a lineup to be referred to as "Noggin," I dunno. Even if they wanted to devote some of its time to the 90s Nick, Jr., keeping the new 24/7 90s Nick channel for the older-people shows and then Nick at Nite—that would be one swell idea!!

"Tickle U" is another one that should be brought back, on that note. I'm talking Yoko Jakamoko Toto, Gerald McBoing-Boing, Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs, Gordon the Garden Gnome, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Peppa Pig…gimme some Baby Looney Tunes…

Anyway, I preferred "Back at the Barnyard" to the all-right and sometimes amusing "Penguins of Madagascar." Generally, I'm not that fond of "okay" movies that are turned into TV shows, but I liked "Back at the Barnyard" better than "Barnyard!" (And KFP is an exception, for those movies were not just "okay"--they were fully, awesome!)

Edited on 02/02/2012 8:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.